JVC High Definition VCRs - who is familiar?

Username: Robert169

Post Number: 8
Is anyone familiar with JVC's VCRs that can record and playback high-definition broadcasts? I read a little on models HM-DH5U and HM-DH4000U. Most salespeople in audio/video stores still say there is no VCR that can record a high-def signal. Evidently they are incorrect.

The only brand I have heard of so far is JVC. Any other brands out there? Any recommendations about JVC's models? I don't know anybody who has them.

Also, how would you hook it up with high-def cable, a surround sound receiver, and the TV?

Username: Wcapel

Edmond, OK USA

Post Number: 1
I have an earlier model 3000, works great. I recently purchased a 4000 from Amazon. Out of the box, would not work. Error message: calibrating please wait a minute. I waited hours, reset,changed tapes, connections ect. Amazon sent another unit. Same problem. Called JVC, they were clueless, and requested that I contact a service number.

Unregistered guest
I have an old model TV/VCR combo unit and have been getting an annoying problem of the tape not ejecting and automatically shutting down. After hitting power, it would last about 10 seconds before shutting off again and the eject ceases to work while the tape is inside. This continues to happen until it randomly ejects the tape after much persistence. [Sometimes an hour of constant manipulation on the eject and power buttons. I have had to try thousands of times when siblings borrowed it. Now it won't even eject after the longest time.

Is there a better, more efficient, way to get the tapes out?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us