LCD Projector expected Bulb life?

Username: Jlbrowndbki

Andover , MA

Post Number: 1
What should I expect for the bulb life for an LCD projector. The manual says 2,000 hours. So far I have not gotten even 1,000 hours out of any. Most seem to die at 600 to 800 hours. The projectors are mounted to the ceiling so they are not getting rough treatment. Ideas?
Thanks,
Jaime

Username: Nolema

PerthAustralia

Post Number: 6
Funny, cos i've ran my Selecto 3-Gun for 7 yrs; watching TV just about every nite. It eqates to 12 775 hrs excluding the extended hours on wkends! So can't understand why the LCDs should go that quickly, when the LCDs on PC monitors stand-up to the test of time very well

Anonymous

These days most lamps on the Panasonic Projectors are rated for 2,000 hours on high mode and 5,000 hours if in low. Mine has over 2,000 hours as of today, all used in low mode, and still going strong. I have heard very bad things about the bulb reliability on the Sanyo PLV-Z1/Z2, lasting less than 1,000 hours easily. :-(

Anonymous

These days most lamps on the Panasonic Projectors are rated for 2,000 hours on high mode and 5,000 hours if in low. Mine has over 2,000 hours as of today, all used in low mode, and still going strong. I have heard very bad things about the bulb reliability on the Sanyo PLV-Z1/Z2, lasting less than 1,000 hours easily. :-(

Unregistered guest
I have a sanyo z1 had about a year and half, I don't watch it much. Just hit 270hrs on the unit all together and the light just came on to replace the bulb. I can not understand why this bulb would go so quickly as mine is celing mounted and has plenty of air flow. I check the filters regularly and they are clean. I'm wondering if there is an internal clock that runs and if you haven't replaced the bulb in a certain amount of time it tells you to replace anyway.

Username: Htrookie

Post Number: 5
Hitachi PJ-TX100

I just bought the projector, and I am new the the projector world. My rec room is almost finished and I will be using it in a week, is there some things to consider?(maintence) lamp, filters, just things to make it a smooth ride for a few years/
thanks I appreciate it!

Unregistered guest
My Benq PB2220 using an OSRAM bulb started strong but is quickly growing dim at 1500hrs. Maybe I am not giving it enough ventilation. The high voltage circuitry has also become noisy.

It's strange because if I just view a full white page, the brightness is not uniform (dimmer towards the lower left) and there are many gray streaks. I am concerned that the streaks are debris that has some how gotten into the mirrors, lens, etc. I thought this stuff was sealed ? I would hate to spend $400 on a bulb only to find I still have a crummy picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us