PLUS HEY NALIN OR ANYONE ilink can not scan V ONLY H CAN I CONVERT V TO H

Silver Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 427
ILINK9000PLUS LOST SIGNAL DUE TO A THUNDERSTORM i took it to a an other house . a different ilink works great but when u try mine with the same identical set up only scan H TP'S NOT V TP'S..
ALSO CAN NOT RECONIGSE THE SWITCH .
using circular lnb for 110 using linear for 118.8/119
if using switch it only pick the h tp's for 110 only .
if using a cable stright it only scan H TP'S NEVER EVER V

I REMEMBER THIS SOLUTION IN PAST . BIN???? OR CONVERTING V TO H ??? THX GUYS

Bronze Member
Username: Yassou

Post Number: 85
CC......
your receiver maybe locked on Horizontal TP's

if you have a voltmeter set it @ DC Volts.
make sure your receiver is off
take a short piece of coax and connect it to your receiver.
turn your receiver back on to check voltage.

Switching from H to V tp's see if you are getting
these Voltages.

Horizontal TP's.......15 to 19 volts
Vertical TP's...........11 to 14 Volts

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
thx i dont have voltmer but why it scan v tp;s using dp lnb and not knowing the switchs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
If is locked at 15 to 19Volts you will only be able to get Horizontal TP's on your STB

the only way I can tell if the transistor on your STB
is defectived is by checking the the output voltage
first, the rest is guess work.

if the voltage checks OK, then I would check the LNB?

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 23080
Your ILINK was working well probably on a different LNB to what is currently at the other house.
I will have to look this up but the DN LNBs work differently to the generic ones on H and V. In the meantime, you might like to appraise us of the LNB specs where it worked very well.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23081
The following are two pieces of information I have regarding H and V for certain LNBs. The information applies to Dish LNBs, and your previous LNBs might have been Dish. Now it seems you are working with generic LNBs.

If you look at the tp for each ch and one is V and one is H then likely you have DP lnb's and your getting regular and bandstacked. If this is true and you want the best possible scan/EPG do this. Go to lyngsat dot com get freq for sat tps then in channel scan menu check each manualy but for each horizonal subtract the # of the TP from 25600 and change it to vertical. Note: Lyngsat lists tps as L or R as opposed to H and V. Deal with it!

Take and manualy change each horizontal by subtracting its number from 25600 and changing it to vertical. Its called bandstacking.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16959
NN>..thats old news that U should have know inmmediately from the old days and my many previous posts...but will not fix ccccc's problem...obviously U are a fake and know nothing about satellite..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23084
LK: I only know one thing from all your previous posts.
You stink

ccccccccc said:" a different ilink works great but when u try mine with the same identical set up only scan H TP'S NOT V TP'S.. "
Obviously his Ilink was set up differently at his house.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
ILINK9000PLUS LOST SIGNAL DUE TO A THUNDERSTORM

i took it to a an other house . a different ilink works great but when u try mine with the same identical set up only scan H TP'S NOT V TP'S

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
YES that's right papi it is not the lnb's it 's the llightening that may cuz a damage. no way on scaning v in any lnb . the only possible scan for v if i use dp . but then the receiver only take one sat and can not be combined with others the receiver started to act weired by not knowing the switch. so the receiver takes only stright cable with no switch if i use regular lnb or the special 118/119 it scan only H for both . if i take everything off and use stright cable with dp lnb it scan them all. it's probably the voltage that screw everything not my setup not the lnbs .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us