Comcast V.S. Direct TV

They Live!
I recently picked up a 50V500 and I currently subscribe to Direct TV. I dropped my premium package and subsribed to Netflix (great deal) because I couldn't take watching pixelized movies anymore. An HD tuner with direct tv is $399, and $10.40 a month for direct tv. This would put my bill over $100. I got an offer from Comcast where they offered me $25 a month for 16 months to turn in my dish, give me a free HD receiver and only charge me $5 a month for HD. This would put me at $55 a month for all of their HD programming (including HBO and Showtime). The reps a comcast aren't the best but I am curious about quality of picture. Direct is saying that the quality of their HD and regular programming is better.....(of course). I was wondering what experiences any of you have had with either company. Thanks!

I've read that comcast is offering really nice deals like that but only in certain areas, anyway cable simply can't continously provide the high bandwidth that satellite can, and there's always variables such as connector cables, hd converter boxes, and alot depends on your cable signal also, having direct tv in a good location (strong signal) should always give a better signal than cable, but if you come upon a deal that's too good to pass up, then take it, you can always switch back if you don't like it. Basically the only thing I can guarantee you is that (assuming a good signal with both) that HD cable will not be better than HD satellite, but it should get relatively close.

Anonymous
I have comcast HBO hdtv. Have not seen direct tv so comcast hdtv is awesome to me. Only component out, no dvi, on receiver. No problem with reps or installer. Have heard future receivers to include dvr (not sure how much extra).

They Live!
Thanks for the input. Looks like I am going to Comcast for awhile. TO GOOD A DEAL TO PASS UP!

Anonymous

They Live,
Just wondering how the new HDTV with Comcast is going. Not very satisfied with my DirectTV and thinking about doing the same as you have. Too good of deal to pass up, especially after dropping serious coin on my new HDTV (Sony 32").
Thanks!

Username: Dubz

Post Number: 9
quantumman, cable will provides way more bandwith than a direct tv satellite. much more possiblilities too, like high speed internet, phone service and tv, not just tv. satellite internet is very expensive and not as fast.

and cable works even when its raining or snowing :D

not sure how you can say the HD satellite looks better than cable HD. ive seen both, and there identical, but ive read reviews and comparisions saying the HD cable picture is superior

direct tv does have a couple more channels. who cares about the dvi connection, it won't effect your picture one way or the other
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us