Aquos T.V. Remote or IR Sensors on T.V. not working?

Username: Ms_technology

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a Sharp Aquos LC-52LE810UN that is 1 1/2 yrs old. I also have Dish network with their DVR and a home theater Blu-Ray/DVD player all connected together. Almost a year ago, I started having problems with the t.v. not responding to the Dish remote control for power and volume. The channels would change since those are controlled by the Dish receiver. I called Dish and Sharp multiple times and would spend hours on the phone with them trying to get the Dish remote to work the t.v. The t.v. remote worked for a while with the t.v. But, several months ago, nothing would control the t.v. power or volume unless I manually pressed the touch buttons on the t.v. itself. I kept thinking it was Dish but they came out and said that they didn't think my Sharp t.v. remote was working or else the remote sensor on the t.v. itself wasn't working. The Sharp guy on the phone wanted me to purchase a new remote but before I bought one from Sharp, I bought a Universal remote tonight to see if it would at least control the t.v. No luck. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? It's ridiculous to pay all of this money for t.v.s and then they not work right or else break within a short amount of time. It's like they are designed to break. If I wanted an old-fashioned 1970s/80s t.v. that wasn't controlled by a remote, I'd buy one. LOL!

I would appreciate any help.
Signed, Extremely Frustrated!

Username: Electronicsurplus

Johnston, RI USA

Post Number: 2
I havehad the same exact problem on a Sharp Aquos 52" and, the rolem was in the Main board. Puzzled me for the longest time

You can also try the update the firmware you can get the firmware update from Sharp website. You copyit to a usb thumdrive and use the menu function to update
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us