Can I run composite signal over speaker wire

Username: Dandallon

Post Number: 1
I just moved into a house wired for a ceiling mounted projector and 7.1 surround. all the components/speakers are wired to the back of the room. I have my dish network receiver in the back of the room with the HDMI out to the projector. I want to set up a small TV in the front of the room also on TV1 output so the kids can watch shows without using the theater/projector. The only additional output from the Dish receiver for TV1 is for composite or component. The problem is that the only existing wiring from the rear of the room to the front of the room is a 16/4 speaker cable installed to place a 2nd sub in the front of the room. My question for the forum is this... "Is there any way to send composite A/V over a 4 wire speaker wire?" If so, how? I don't care how poor the video/audio is because it's for kids all under the age of 8.

Username: Dandallon

Post Number: 2
CORRECTION:
I just discovered that there is an additional 16g speaker wire to the same location, so now I have 6 strands of 16g wire. Is it as simple as a + and a - for each of the right, left, and video RCAs? If so, I should be good to go with 6 strands, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us