Vizio VW32l HDTV40A no video or sound. Just LED

Username: Dadixon

Post Number: 1
I have a vizio vw32l hdtv40a that doesn't play and sound or video anymore. When i press the power button, the led light comes on and it's orange and it stays orange throughout. It doesn't turn white to show the video so i dont even get the blue screen. Please help.

Username: Dtwilliamscomcastnet

Post Number: 9
Dom,

Do you have a multimeter and are you able to remove the back cover and take some voltage readings and/or check the status of a few fuses?
Without checking anything, it sounds to me like a Power Supply (P/S) problem simply based on the fact that it won't turn on at all. Checking fuses and output voltages will reveal more information so you can move forward.

Dave

Post Number: 2
I don't have one but I bought another power supply but it's still doing it. NOTHING. Maybe I need to buy a different one?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Dom,
That is VERY surprising to me that you replaced the P/S board and it is still not working. Did you order the exact replacement based on the part numbers on the old board? I am assuming all the connectors matched up perfectly, correct?

Do you still get the Orange "VIZIO" light on the front when the TV is in standby mode?

When you press the Power button, does the VIZIO logo turn from orange to white?

Dave

Post Number: 3
Yes. I thought it would work too. . I ordered another board too to see if that was the issue. Will find out in a couple of days.
You are correct. All the plugs match perfectly. I took pictures so i know what it looks like and everything. I'm not a repair man, just have common sense.

I still get the orange light and only the orange light. When i hit the power button or the power button on the remote, nothing changes. Just orange light of death.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Dom,
Here is a Block Diagram of your TV. The Block Diagram shows the relationships (Inputs and Outputs) between the major components of the TV.

Upload

Notice the lower left corner. The "Keyboard/IR Board." This board controls the on/off functionality of your TV. It processes signals from both the buttons on the side of your TV and the signals transmitted by your remote control. Notice how it connects to your Main Board via connector J7. Please check connector J7 (it MAY be labeled something different) and make sure it is tight and no wires are broken or loose.

Dave

Post Number: 4
No wires are broken or loose from that part but I do see some wires that look a little funny from j6.Upload

Post Number: 5
And if the wires are the issue, where can i get new ones?

Post Number: 6
Same old crap. makes me want to through this thing out the window. I don't know what else could be wrong with it.

Post Number: 8
Same old crap. makes me want to through this thing out the window. I don't know what else could be wrong with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us