RPTV future: LCOS vs. DLP?

Anonymous

Right or wrong, after 3 weeks of RPTV research I am actually considering the wait for the economic impact of Intel's Semiconductor Industry "production horsepower" on the LCOS RPTV marketplace, whether I buy a RPTV with Intel Inside, or not. Which RPTV manufacturers will be the first to offer a tested, solid RPTV with Intel LCOS? Cost? Yet, intriguing is Texas Instruments DLP/DMD technology drawing "stability" attention via the new Mitsubishi and Samsung TV's. Philips has their LCOS light engine now released in its Generation3, and lots of buzz about Toshiba LCOS. Hmmmmmm... Maybe I'll watch just one more season of college football and MNF on my 32inch tube before I bite the HD bullet. This time next year I'll probably get me a 1080p RPTV for less than today's cost for 720p. Or maybe 3 chip for less than 1 chip? Anyway, my thought is that one of these two technologies (LCOS or DLP) will prevail in RPTV dominance while the other becomes the eternal conversation piece. The last time I made a decision like this, I guessed correctly and waited for VHS to eradicate Beta. Or maybe this time I'll just go ahead, buy now, pay more and choose the right RPTV technology from the start, but will it be LCOS or DLP?

Anonymous

I am shopping DLP and LCOS RPTV solutions as well, with similar concerns. Anyone in the industry know the Inside scoop?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us