Samsung LCD ltp227w

Unregistered guest
Looking to buy this samsung LCD model ltp227w.
Advance Vedeo Systems from Owego, NY are offering it at a very good cash price. Has anyone ever heard of this company. I am hesitant to send them cash. Their home page is http://www.avs-store.com

Samstung
Unregistered guest
Samsung model LT-P227W (22 inch widescreen). I bought this after shopping for a PC monitor/DVD viewer and this is it's main purpose for me. Has 18 inch diagonal 4:3 screen area. Side by side comparison showed the picture as being noticeably richer looking than other similar brands with the same source being played. It seems to be the best value in it's size range for a widescreen, and is available online for considerably less than retail. Excellent picture with PC DVI or DVD playback. Analog broadcast or satellite picture is disappointing (motion blurring occurs) compared to similar size CRT. Remote and menu is easy to learn and use. The only surprise I had was that the monitor resolution of 1280 x 720 prevents some PC programs (that require a minimum monitor resolution of 1024 x 768) from displaying graphics properly because it will recognize it as an 800 x 600 monitor at best, even though the monitor vertical resolution is upconverted to 720 onscreen. Also when using the DVI input for PC, the PC resolution will be locked at 800 x 600. If you use the PC's analog monitor out and an adapter cable to the monitors DVI input, the resolution can be changed in the PC and as shown on the monitor, but it will still be recognized as an 800 X 600 monitor as far as program minimum requirements. The PC analog picture is also noticeably inferior to digital. The easiest solution, if the PC has an S-video out, is to connect that to the monitor since the PC S-video out is converted to NTSC and will still show the proper graphics onscreen in a program that requires 1024 x 768 even though the graphics and mouse curser will not be shown correctly through the DVI input.
Simply switch the monitor input to S-video when using a program that does not display graphics properly onscreen. I am also having a strange occurrence where the screen goes dark for a few seconds and then returns. This occurs randomly every hour or two even when using the built in Samsung screen saver and is not PC related since it occurs with any input source. It is annoying when working as it gives the impression that a power failure occurred. Overall I am satisfied with this model.

dxjnorto
Unregistered guest
It sounds like you need a new videocard buddy. Most add-on videocards will allow 1280 x 720. I haven't purchased this TV yet, but I'm hoping you don't know this, rather than you do know this, but you still can't get any better than 800 x 600 resolution out of a thousand dollar television/monitor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us