Archive through April 13, 2009

Username: Danaw007

Stanwood, WA United States

Post Number: 1
I have a Vizio VX37L, can anyone tell me how to remove the back panel? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrewkl

Post Number: 14
Dana,

There should be several screws around the perimeter, as well as 2 or 3 down by the panel with all of the input jacks.

Username: Danaw007

Stanwood, WA United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks Andrew, I removed all screws and it will not budge, doesn't even seem loose at all! I was wondering if it slides off or something. Just by the way of background, I have disassembled approximately 2500-3000 plasma/lcd tvs. This one is unlike anything I have seen before.

Username: Aintgoingdown

Hey I have a P50 and the screen has gone dim and grainy all of the sudden. Messed with all the setting and reset factory defaults. Unhooking all inputs and so on. I have read that it may be a secondary p/s or the screen itself. Any help would be great.

Username: Notw

CA

is there anyone that has answers to our P50 HDM questions? it seems Dale sold his stuff and left!?

Username: Timwat

Post Number: 8
Robert, et.al.:

With no evidence to the contrary, I'd presume Dale Reich is not going to be checking in anytime soon. He stopped answering my emails and phone calls months ago, and still has my original power board and some cash he owes me.

Despite wanting to believe the best, I'm pretty sure I got scammed. Lesson learned.

I now have new DTV, Ysus and Zsus boards for Vizio P50HDM for sale.

PM for specific model numbers, serial numbers, etc. as it's late and I don't feel like typing them all in tonight.

I also have a new power board for a 60" Vizio, if anyone has interest.

I'll be eBaying them next week if no one here has any interest. I'm not looking to make any money, just want back what I paid for each.

Costco was good enough to allow me to return my dead P50HDM - which I purchased in 12/2005! Pretty sweet dealing with them, and I've gone with a Samsung LCD after this whole Vizio debacle.

Best to you all,

Tim

Username: Mrbhparker

Tim, How did you get Costco to return your P50HDM from 12/05 ? I need that mojo or at least how you pulled it off. My P50HDM was from 11/2005. If you can post your tale. Thanks

Post Number: 9
Ok, I read the rules and guidelines for this forum and can't see any prohibition on this so here's the short and long story of my Costco tale. How'd I get Costco to take back my Vizio?

Short story: I just asked.

Long story: When my P50HDM popped in January, I checked the Vizio warranty (1 year) and then the Costco website. Costco now has posted everywhere a policy that televisions, iPods and some other items are excluded from their normal return policy (now, only 90 days) so I figure I'm screwed.

That's when I call ITI for "out of warranty repair", found this forum and ended up getting scammed by Dale Reich, bought replacement boards from Discount Merchant and a variety of other sources, etc.

Monday I'm at Costco buying food. It's closing time, so as I'm walking out I go to "returns" and just tell the guy my story (he's bored anyway), and ask him, "So am I just shafted?"

He says, "Oh, not at all. Just return it. The new policy doesn't effect you...that's only for purchases after the policy went into effect. As long as we can ascertain the TV isn't older than 4 years old, it won't require manager approval."

I tell him I don't have the original receipt, most of the original box is long gone, not even sure I have all the original accessories. He says, "We can get all the info off our computers, no need for receipt - we don't want the original box - just try and bring all the stuff you can find - remote, power cords, any cabling, etc."

So yesterday my son and I schlep the dead anchor back and they accept it in about 3 minutes. They apologize that returns without a receipt has to be refunded on a Costco Cash Card (rather than just cash). Last night I ordered a Samsumg 46" LCD off Costco.com, and used the cash card they gave me, because if you order off their website, shipping is included in the price.

To top it all off, Costco calls me this morning to ask how I felt I was treated in the return process - customer service survey, I guess.

How do I feel? Like they just corrected one of my larger electronics purchase mistakes. I love those guys!

Post Number: 3
Tim, Thanks, I will try it, how specific did you get about when you purchased it ? Did they ask you straight up ? let me know what you can given the forum but I am sure others are interested because all of us have been in the same boat.

Post Number: 10
I was as transparent and honest as I could possibly be. They asked when I bought it and how old the TV was. Some of the specifics I honestly couldn't remember, because like an idiot I've lost the original receipt.

But I distinctly remember buying it for Christmas 2005, so I told them that. It also helps that Vizio is kind enough to put right on the rear label the manufacturer date (in my case, November 2005), so it was very clear the TV was not older than 4 years old.

I also didn't remember the price I originally paid (no receipt, and my memory's going at 46), and they refunded me what their computer showed - which was markedly more than I thought I paid.

Here again, I'm trying to be as honest as I can, so I called them today and told them I think they refunded me too much. They looked it up and stand by their figures, so I think I just got a bonus for enduring the suffering that many of us have gotten with this TV.

Hope that helps some. Happy to share as much as I can, just not sure if there's much more that might be useful to you all.

PS. Remember, they only said TVs over 4 years old would require manager approval for return - they never implied they wouldn't take back the older units.

Post Number: 4
Tim, You are the man, I will post my results to the board, I also have some good Z sus Ysus and power boards turns out my plasma screen itself was bad (confirmed by a tech company) if anyone is looking for them.

Post Number: 5
Tim, You are the man !! I went in to my local Costco and explained that I had purchased a Vizio 50" inch plasma and had it replaced twice (true) and explained I now had another issue with it, they looked it up and confirmed I could return it so I did. I took store credit since I shop there all the time. I was able to get the new 1080p 50" inch Vizio with some leftover. I was concerned that I would have the issues with this one and they said they rarely have a Vizio return for issues anymore within the 90 days and that the new ones in the last year or so don't have nearly the issues. Thats what my online research had confirmed so I went with it. My thanks to Tim for posting his information without it I would still be kind of out of luck and disgruntled. Tim, Thanks !!

CA

yeah thanks Tim....i shale try the same. a friend gave me the tv after they didnt want to pay the $800 out-of-warr repair fee... might be a bit tricky now that i said they can return it for moola, hopefully they'll let me keep it, if not oh well, a lesson to be learned. i learned alot about these things in the mean time.

Username: Robmx

New York, NY USA

I tried to post here yesterday but it seems the post is not showing up. I have a Vizio P50HDM November 2005. At first only the green light would come on and would change to a amber light blinking green 10 or so times when I clicked power button on remote. I changed the YSUS, ZSUS, CTLR and the two boards attached to the YSUS. See picture. I did not change the power board, the bottom two boards or the board that has all the imputs. Now I get a short ringing in the YSUS when I power on. It happens twice with two green LEDs flashing on the CTLR board in between and then it stops.

Any ideas? I don't have a power board. All the boards I have replaced came from a Sony FWD 50PX2 and the power board and the PD50I M-2 board (inputs) are different.Upload

Username: Bemouse

Ca

HI ALL
I FOUND THIS IN THE ARCHIVES
MABY WHY NOBODYS HEARD FROM DALE LATELY... WAS HERE JUST FOR THE QUICK BUCK, SOLD HIS STUFF AND POOF...?

Author Thread: SELL ME YOUR TV'S

Dale Reich
Username: Deadman71

Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 01:28 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking to buy non working tv's that you don't want to mess with or don't have the money to get repaired because of the high expense of the repair. Contact me at cowboypoet@gvtc.com with your tv information and price you are asking. I will pay the shipping costs as well.

Please contact me 877-619-2500 and leave message and contact phone, I will return your call as quickly as possiable.

Thanks
Dale Reich
CEO

CA

Bob...do you have a volt meter to check the power board? if so i would start there. there is some basic instructions farthur up this thread. good luck.

Username: Teflonbob

NO picture on p50hdm , I was watching tv and the picture went out twice but came right back, Then the next day it didn't have picture but did have sound. Now I took the back off and put the power supply board in auto and started playing with the different adjustable pods on the pwr board and the y and z board, they all seem to make some kind of brightness adjust so that made me think the y and z board are good? anyways at first I had 3 lights on my cntrl board and 1 periodic/blinking one on the input board, after messing with it i only get 2 lights out of like 5 on the cntrl board. I left it on with a slight snowy black picture until moring, I try to push my input button to see if I get any picture and I did, i got the input no signal blue box I was so excited so I turned if off and went to work, when I got home I turned it on and gave it plenty of time to warm up and NO Input Picture ......... Anyone that can help please post or email me at houle20022MSN.COM, iS it my cnrtl board or input or pwr supply? I'm back to square 1 any ideas I havent heard of anyone getting a picture back after lossing it,,,,,,,,,, anyone got any ideas please post thanks

sorry my email is houle2002@msn.com or just post it here it goes straight to my email

Post Number: 6
post any response to me here thanks i typed my email wrong

Username: Dtrixny

Hey guys, I have good news. I read here that one of the members took his vizio back to costco and they took it back. well I went to the store and ask them if this was true and if they would take my tv since it was 2 years old and i had no receipt. They said it was true. I brought the tv Vizio L32 they looked it up and found when i bought it gave me a store credit and I got my self a samsung and I had $70 left. The deal is if the tv is not older than 3 years and you bought it before the new policy which now is 90 days you can bring pretty much anything..Well my problem is over, I hope this help anyone that by any chance bought it from costco in the time frame. good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yeah, that was me that struck gold with Costco's return policy. Apparently, the new Costco policy (no returns on TVs after 90 days) only applies to sets purchased after the policy was put in place. (Not sure when that was).

My store told me that any set older than 4 years required management approval to take back - but even then, they never said they wouldn't take it back.

All to say, Costco's customer service does indeed rock. I too purchased a Samsung 42" LCD with my refund, had a lot of money left over, and have never been happier. Thumbs up, Costco.

For those of you that can't return your Vizio P50HD to Costco (time frame? not the place of purchase?), I have brand new Ysus, Zsus and DTV boards for that model (and a power board for Vizio's 60" plasma - sold to me by Dale Reich, he sent me the power board for the wrong model).

I'm only looking to get what I paid for them out of it, if you have a need.

Tim

Username: Lucky999

i have a vw26l VIZIO. 26inch model. Will part out or sale whole. make me some offers...
bcrap@frontiernet.net

Username: Vppaul

Henderson, NV United States

I have a Vizio VP42 HDTV that tries to turn on but shuts itself off when the monitor is about to start.I can get it to work by unplugging the powercord and waiting for the yellow light to go out and then I replug the AC. It takes a few tries but will start. I noticed that there is a difference between the time it takes for the yellow light to go out anywere between a second to over 5 minutes. I feel it is the power supply, can anyone help?

The TV would start without unplugging the set (after many attemps) when the problem first started but now I just unplug it thinking it will speed things up. When the set is up and running it works great.

Username: Semeparo

offered friend 100.00 bucks for his vizio PD50HDM what his set is doin is this it turns on but gets a snowy picture for about 1 second goin from one side of the screen to the other then goes dead then does it again before it goes completely dead, but leds stay on anyone had this issue and how was it fixed if so. is it worth the hundred

Username: Turbine_turtle

Boerne, TX USA

I have a Vizio VM60PHDTV10A that has had an rarely occurring, intermittent problem since day one with the DTV input failing to receive a signal. Originally, I could just turn the set off and back on and the DTV input would receive a signal. But recently, 3 weeks out of warranty, it won't receive a signal no matter what I do. ITI wants $400 for the main board & DTV board, $175 for local labor plus $45 shipping. The main board was replaced when the set was one month old & didn't correct the occasional DTV failure so I don't want another main board, but would like to try installing a DTV board myself. I figure it is better than scrapping the set since I don't want to get ripped off by ITI. Any suggestions on where I can obtain a DTV board for the 60" model? Any feedback on chances of this solving the problem? Thanks.

Username: Djpkboo

My Dear People in Vizio World,
Alot of the problems you are expeiencing with your vizio tv's are caused due to power surge. If your TV is working fine without a surge protector be assured it will go out soon. Get one now and make sure that the surge also has protection for cable/sat input as well. Yesss your tuner can fry from a cable surge as well. This will cause your cacble to be snowy on lower frequencies, or give you black and white cable or no cable reception at all. Your only fix would be to replace the Main Input Board. As far common problems with Vizio tvs, be happy to know that alot of the Vizio problems are shared by the Philips TVs and LG TVs as well. Guess what, all three panels are made by LG. I have received alot of parts and support from shopjimmy.com . Parts are from used TVs but I have not received a part not working to date.Just wanted to share that with you guys. Shooooots.

DJPKBOO

Username: Chrehat

Cedarburg, WI USA

I have a Vizio 42" Plasma.(Serial #: CEAHPFABAG081243 Model #:P42HDTV10A) I was watching it the other night and it made a clicking sound (the same sound it makes when I turn it on or off--not an unusual sound), and the screen went off but the audio continued and the green LED light indicated the TV was still on. I talked with Vizio technical support and they suggested it might be the sustainer boards. They gave me the following information:

Y SUS PCB part number: 6871QYH053B
Z-SUS PCB part number: 6871QZH056B

I want to replace the boards myself. Vance Baldwin has the parts http://www.vancebaldwin.com/products/?VIZ6871QZH056B, but I noticed that there are some sustainer boards for LG that have the same part numbers but are cheaper.

Are sustainer boards interchangeable among different TV brands as long as the part numbers are the same? Also, any suggestions from the readers on how to go about this?

Thanks,

Chris

Username: Hawkeman

San Jose, Ca USA

Hey Buddy,

I have a Vizio P42hd The screen flashes on for a second. Then I hear a relay click and, even thought the power light is green, the screen stays blank.

Do you have the parts I need?

Thanks,

Mark Hawke
hawkeman3052@yahoo.com
408-506-4295 CELL

Username: Jjjaxon5

Jacksonville, FL USA

I'm having Vizio "turning itself off" issues and need to take it back to Costco. But - I need a stand for an '06 L37 in order to do it. I mounted this one to the wall and threw the stand away.
Does anyone know where you can get a stand? I have a permanent search request on EBAY already.

Username: Mchugh

What are the odds you still have any of these left? I am guessing I need a new power supply for my Vizio VX37L (part number: 0500-0507-0250). Heard a pop, power went out completely--no LED, nothing. No burn marks when opened, cables look good, fuses are intact. Looks like it is losing voltage as it goes across the board. Ever heard of these symptoms?

Username: Arosado6

Bronx, NY US

I have a 32 inch vizio that is displaying the picture in blue through all the outputs and it also shows blue on any device I connect to it Exp:DVD, Camcoder, and playstation. Do you have the part that will fix that? or do you know the name of the part that causes that to happend.}

Username: Rathompson

Denver, CO US

I have a 50" Vizio plasma tv. i was watching tv when i heard a loud pop followed by a solid white line in the middle of the screen. my tv is out of warranty. any suggestions what it might be? here is a picture of what it looks like.Upload

Username: T_edwards

Jacksonville , Florida

Help I need a YSUS board for a P50HDM it blew the fs3 fuse

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I have new Ysus, Zsus and DTV boards for P50HDM. Ping me direct if interested.

Regards,

Tim

Username: One1cat

i have a vizio 42 VU42LF and it suddenly stopped working, the vizio lights up on the bezel but no picture or sound. it's out of warranty. i opened it up and checked with a fluke and im wondwering, is the heat sink supposed to have 58 volts dc to it. on the power board, it;s the 2 left ones have power running through them. is that right. or do i need to replace my power board. ?

Username: Jakevig

I have a VIZIO P50 HDM that shows a green screen after you power it on. It does this until you power it off again, however, after being on for about 5 minutes, if I cycle the power, I can use the TV normally until I power it off again. Then the cycle repeats. I took it to a repair shop for a diagnostic and the gentleman told me I needed a new "signal board" does this sound consistent with the problem I have, and if so, does anyone have a lead for where I could find said board?

Thanks so much,
Jake

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Jake:

I don't know which board is the "signal" board they're talking about, or if this is the source of the problems, as I'm an ex-owner, not a tech.

But my history is I had a P50HDM which went bad, I took it apart several times and I am familiar with the component layout.

Like all flat screens, the P50 only has about five or six circuit boards (and the large plasma display) in it. Common sources of Vizio problems seem to be:

- DTV board (which contains the actual connectors the cables are plugged into)

- Power board about dead center of the TV, I'm told poor heat sinking often causes these to go bad and deliver spotty voltages to the rest of the PCBs

- Ysus board (several have told me that if this goes bad you should replace both the Ysus and Zsus boards simultaneously)

Anyway, the "signal" board sounds to me like another name for the DTV board. If it ends up you need to replace the DTV board, I have a brand new one I can sell you. I ended up returning my broken P50 to Costco, and have unused replacement boards I purchased still here in the house.

Tim

Username: Miamibeachbums

Thanks Daniel Powell,

Your post saved me from buying another TV. Just follow his directions to fix your Vizio L32 from not turning on. Works Great. I owe you a Pint.

Cheers,
Danny Martin

Username: Peterbilt313

hey Tim, i was wondering if you have or know where i can get a main board for L37 HDTV10A part # 3370-0052-0150 and also this part # will work for it to # 3370-0022-0395. I was going to add a resistor 10k to legs 2 and 3 on the ic chip, but when i bought this unit off of ebay, someone tryed to add a transistor to it. thats where i removed it but messed up the board trying to do so. Please let me know, thanks Dave

Username: Peterbilt313

Anybody out there have this part thats working and willing to sell to me, if so e-mail me at peterbilt364@comcast.net
part is for a L37 HDTV10A # 3370-0052-0150
or # 3370-0022-0395 they both work for this model. Thanks guys Dave

Username: Manny333

Orlando, Florida Usa

hello, i have a vizio vu42l and i use it with my htpc wich has hdmi (1080p) output and of course vga (pc) output.
i was playing clive barker's jericho on the vga output and it started raining and a lightning stroke down and i saw a yelow flash behind the tv and a soft sound like "puff" and i turned off everything right away.
i checked everything and tv tuner is working fine, vga input is fine analog input is fine , sound , but when i checked hdmi 1 where i watch my high def movies i have a blue screen that says hdmi 1 , no signal, i desconected the hdmi cable from hdmi 1 input and moved it to hdmi 2 and there i got picture.
i took apart the back cover and gave it a visual inspection all the boards in the back say lg and i did not see anything burn out , no blown capacitors, did not see any blown fuses like the one we are used to see ,i checked everything that says f1 or f2 on everyboard and i have continuity on each one so the complet and thorough visual inspection did not reveal any damage. if i saw a flash something blew up but what? where is it located?
any ideas?
i would like to have the schematic for this tv to trace whaterver you want me to trace before i get any part for it.
what can i do to solve this?
or can you tell me what could it be?

Username: Mgayle

I have a Vizio P42HDTV10A, short story is, have sound, no picture. Just wanting some advice on what is most common and where the component(s) are located and how I could obtain them. I plan on fixing it myself if I can obtain the parts needed. Please email me at mgayle97@yahoo.com with any info. Thanks in advance.

Username: Marchafb

Thank You Daniel Powell!

The fix for the Vizio L32 also worked for me. 10K 1/4w resister did the trick. Solder over the top of U26 pins 2&3.

Username: Marchafb

Update - the fix worked for 1 day then back to amber only, no power. I pulled the 10k resister and U26 and replaced with the diode across pins 2&3. Working again!

Username: Bobmundo123

NY

hEy! If possible do you have an LCD Replacement for a 37" Vizio?

These are some of the Specs..

HDMI x2
PC input
Component x2
Composite x2
Cable input
Anntena Input
RCA output
Mini Jack input
Service port

please if possible send me an email at bobmundo123@aim.com

Username: Gynotai

San Jose, CA

Hi.

I acquired a P50HDM today that has no picture or audio.

Having an electronic background, I took the back cover off and started looking around. After checking for, and finding all the necessary voltages (190, 60, 12, and 5) and seeing LED's on most of the PCB's, I'm going to assume the Power Board is ok.

I've been reading online there's two boards in particular that fail with regularity on this model. They are the Z Sustain Board, and the Y Sustain Board; both of which I've identified. I've also seen them being sold in a few places, but here's where the questions come:

1) Is there a way to test these boards, because I want to make sure they are the culprits. I also read these boards should be replaced together, or the new board usually lasts about a week before it fails. Is this true?

2) What component(s) usually fails on these boards, and are the parts available to buy? I've been reading something makes a loud "pop" when the failure happens, but I didn't see any damaged components, or smell anything out of the ordinary, like a tell tale "burnt electronics" smell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Gynotai

Username: Joerib34

Ny

i purchased a Vizio P50hdtv10A about 2 years ago. about 2 months ago, the screen went black with a few flashed of white mixed in. i do have sound. after called and talking with 3 different repair companies, what part do i need, how hard and where do i purchase it and is it easy to replace on my own? thanks

Username: Prandall

I was watching TV a few night ago on my Vizio GV47L LCD TV when I heard a "pop" and then my screen went black. When I turned it on, I could see the amber lights and it would make a sound like the picture was about to come on, but then it would remain black and the amber lights would stay on. After reading the suggestions on this board, I took the back off and used my voltage meter to check the various voltages and discovered that there was no power coming from a mini fuse on the dtv board. There are 3 of these mini fuses (tan colored) on the upper right hand corner of the board, right below a multi colored cabled on the top, far right side of the board. The fuse on the far left, was without power. I went to my local radio shack and purchased a fuse that was just slightly bigger, soldered it on top of the one no longer working and so far so good! Cost? $2.00 (for a pkg of fuses). I have attached a (poor) pic of what the fuses look like, in case they are elsewhere on your own boards. Remember they are in the top, far right corner, right underneath the cable that is multicolored. There are three of them and they are tan in color. Use your meter to check the voltage on each of them. The one that was bad on mine, had 0 voltage. Good Luck!
Upload

Username: Icrackedcorn

I have a Vizio P50HDTV10A that is in good working order with one exception - the DTV input will not display a picture. I believe the ATSC tuner has gone bad and I need to replace the RF Tuner board. I've found the board on eBay but my questions are thus - Does the RF Tuner board "fix" this problem and how difficult is it to replace the board. I haven't had the guts to remove any screws from the back yet. I thought I'd ask the question before I took the leap. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

Username: Semeparo

offered friend 100.00 bucks for his vizio PD50HDM what his set is doin is this it turns on but gets a snowy picture for about 1 second goin from one side of the screen to the other then goes dead then does it again before it goes completely dead, but leds stay on anyone had this issue and how was it fixed if so. is it worth the hundred

Username: Smarkle

Madison, AL United States

all: I have A p50hdm. it will turn on (hear relay click and light turns solid green) but i have no picture or sound at all. does anyone know what could cause this?

Username: Nitedriver

Sebastopol , CA

Dale:
I have a vizio P42hd. picture is fine except for blue and red vertical lines at each end of display. no sound from ext spkrs but sound from line out works. also bought a new remote but it will not work. None of my other vizio remotes work on this unit either, and the remote purchased for P42hd does not work on other vizio's I have.
I have checked all connections with no luck. anyidea what causes this? I have seen other posts out there from people with the same issue, but no one seems to get an answer.
I also have 3 P50HDM units that all need the same components, the YSUS and ZSUS boards. I have a 4th working unit so I was able to swap boards and verify units will work with new boards installed.
What is the main contributing factor causing these boards to fail and what if anything can be done to prevent future failure?
Do you have any parts available that I may need for these models?

Username: Seizure1

Dale: In just the past 4 days, the following problem has occurred with my Vizio P4 model (manufacture date 10/03; I purchased it 1/04).

The screen's image is similar to a negative image (image reverse), still showing slight color. Intensity is low and image is grainy. The image also flickers.
I called the tech hot line today but the female CSR stated that because my model
is so old, she could not assist me. All the pixels work so I am thinking it is
a driver or circuit problem (video board, power supply, diode?)

Thanks for hosting the Message Board. I hope you can help with my issue.

Username: Tredousmc69

I am looking for a replacement screen for my Vizio VW26L. The screen is spidered. Please email me at tredousmc69@gmail.com

Username: Cedreca

Rio Grande, PR Puerto Rico

I own a Vizio L32 manufactured in May 2006. LAst night my family and I were watching it, suddenly it made some poping noises and I saw flames coming from it's back.

Would it be worth trying to repair this TV? Should I get another one, maybe other brand?

Thanks!

Username: Mpaschall83

I own a P50HDTV10A. I plugged my lap top in one of the service ports. The TV is not coming on at all no blinking lights no relays, no fans. I have checked, the main fuse, and it is good. I do not see any burnt marks vizio said it could be one of 2 boards. Is there any way to check?

Username: Bkbrown

I have a VU42L. I also "touched" the "service port" with another cable (not realizing what I was doing) and the TV died on the spot. There's no power, no light, no nothing.

Should I look into replacing both boards?

Username: Shr

Hi Dale and others,

I'm glad I found this forum. I have a Vizio 42" plasma tv. The model # is VIZIOP42HDTV10A. A couple of weeks ago while I was watching tv the screen went black (I heard the same clicking noise that happens when the tv is turned on or off). I can still hear the audio and turn channels. It seems that everthing works except for the picture. I assume that there is a board that I need to replace. Can anyone tell me from this information which board I need? If so, do you have one available to purchase? If not, can I order this from VIZIO or somewhere else? Also, I am usually pretty good at repairing things, and have a small amount of knowledge about electronics. Is this a repair that the average person can make or do I need to hire a VIZIO trained technician? Thank you very much for your help with this.

Username: Billb1152

New York, NY USA

Hi,

I have a Vizio 46 with a bad Y-Bulk Sustain Board V014359111401. The board has a section that is badly burned. I don't think its worth repairing so I am looking for a replacement. I know of someone who is willing to repair it but given the condition of the board I don't think that is a good idea. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Username: Jfjessejf

In response to Paula Randall above. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We too were watching our Vizio GV47lf 1080P television and heard the POP! First searched hells half acre for y and z sustain boards which didn't seem to exist in the set! Then found your post. Used a multimeter Ohms and by placing the red and black on each end of each of those 3 integrated fuses determined no continutity on fuse 1 which was a 1.5Amp Radio shack did not have small fuses; so I used an inline twistlock fuse holder with red wires on each end. Bought a 1.5amp fuse and soldered the wire to each end of the mini fuse; placed in the new 1.5a fuse plugged in power and used one of those video games which run on battery but plug in the red and yellow wire... Turned on the Set and WHAMMO!!! It is back in Business! This would have required main board replacement to fix the set estimated at 320.00!!!! And if a technician got involved probably closer to several hundred dollars!!! Also now if that pops again I won't have to pull out the solder gun; just untwist and place in a new fuse and close it back up! I wanted to use the fuse holder with a cap which you could drill a hole where the components connect and have exterior access to the fuse for replacement, because lets face it; its "ALOT" of screws to pull out! I however didn't get the right size for one of these and couldn't wait... AGAIN! You saved me BIG TIME! I was actually already looking at Costcos 1150.00 50" Vizio Plasma...

Username: Stishdr

i have a vizio vp322. the problem i am having is that when i turn the tv on i get no picture, the vizio logo goes from amber when off to white when on, and it stays white when i turn it on, but i get no picture, no sound. and then i am not able to turn it off via the power button, have to unplug it. but this doesn't happen all the time, but most. any help on what when bad in the tv would be great, thanks.

Username: Vppaul

Henderson, NV United States

I have a VP42 that had that type of problem, I changed the power supply and it works fine now. But that is me so I don't know if it will work for you.

Username: Stishdr

thanks for the input, anyone else?

Username: Billb1152

New York, NY USA

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I have some useful info for anyone that I has with a VIZIO P4 46" plasma. I got no response from my email to VIZIO tech support so I call their help line and got to speak to a live person after a long wait. When I explained my problem, he gave me the number to a parts supplier Vance Baldwin Electronics7060 W State Road 84 Plantation, FL 33317
Phone: (954) 723-9191 , toll free (800) 432-8542
The problem is that they will not deal with the general public and only sell to Certified Electronics Technicians. I did some more research and found that GATEWAY, CTX and TATUNG all sell the same TV under their own brand names. You can find the service manual by doing a search on the GATEWAY model GTW-P4m103. The amazing thing is that I actually was able to find a new Y-Bulk Sustain Board version 02 on eBay for less then $100.00 including shipping and now I am watching TV.

Username: Daviestoves

Hello,

My GV47L has a damaged screen by an object being thrown at it. Picture works with the exception of a black circle about the size of a baseball where it was hi and then several thin lines spidering out. also below and above the black circle thin off-color lines extend from top to bottom. Everything else is like brand new. Please if Dale or anyone can provide drawings, bill of material, recommended parts to replace with manufacturer part number. i am quite capable of making the repair myself however vizio maintains very good drawing control and I am trying to get the GV47L tech manual and/or cognizant advice. Thanks !

Username: Banks002

I have a P50 Vizio and I have patches of black spots that come through picture. It starts on the side and come in and out. Sometimes color is good, but more often not. There is also pink in the middle. The power shut off today and came back on by itself. Any idea what is going on with this and what boards I might need to replace? Thanks for any help.

Username: Banks002

I have a P50 Vizio and I have patches of black spots that come through picture. It starts on the side and come in and out. Sometimes color is good, but more often not. There is also pink in the middle. The power shut off today and came back on by itself. Any idea what is going on with this and what boards I might need to replace? Thanks for any help.

Username: Martyvh

I have a P50HDTV10A Vizio and have problems with the DTV turner. When the set is powered on the DTV turner seldom will display anything. All of the buttons on the remote will stop working. I have to manually change the input using the button on the side of the set to normal tv turner, av1, av2, etc. I have a HD Direct reciever and dvd player hooked up and can watch channels and dvds with no problems in avi or av2 mode. Also, the normal TV mode works with no problem. After a certain amount of time, I can change the input to DTV and the display will come in as it should and allow my "off-air" antenna channels to be viewed. Any idea as to the problem? I understand the set is out of warranty as Vizio clearly reminded me today on the phone. Thanks for any help.

Username: Shad0704

Greetings all,
I have a GV47LFHDTV10A that is dead with amber control panel lights. I saw the posts above for the L32 and was wondering if this is a possible fix for me. Does anyone have the reference IDs for the components that will enable me to attempt this repair on my GV47L? Thanks so very much!

Username: Dozierl7581

I have the same problem as Tom I have a GV47LFHDTV10A. The wife was watching tv when it quit. When I got home the screen was black, but you could see that the backlight was on and the visio logo was white. Couldn't turn it off, change channels, sources, etc. Had to pull the power. After pulling the power and plugging it back in the vizio logo will change from amber to white when I press the power button, but nothing ever comes up. It seems like it locks up. After I hit the power button the touch sensitive keys stay lit no matter how long I leave it and I can't turn it off. I have to pull the power. 1yr 15 days and Vizio more the less said sorry you are outta luck call the service repair center. Anyone figure out what this may be?

Username: Bdeis61159

Providence Forge, Virginia USA

I have a Vizio VP423 Plasma. Was watching TV when the scrren when black. The Vizio light on the front went amber. It will not power on. From what I have read, its the power board. Also when it was working fine, when I turned it on, I got a blue screen, a message that "no signal" was found and then it came on beautifully. Is that normal or just another problem. Lastly, does anyone know if the VP423 power supply board and the VP422 model power board are compatible? Thanks for any help

Username: Pjc5094

Novi, MI

I have a Vizio 37 HDTV...anyone know where I can get a power supply? It will not turn on.

Username: Matt_mancini

My roommates and I recently purchased a Vizio LCD HDTV 37". It was working decent except it would turn on in the middle of night sometimes. Today we turned it on and a blue screen came on saying "No Signal" then the TV shut off. We tried unplugging and plugging back in, but nothing. Do you have the part that needs to be replaced? Or know a solution? Please let me know. This is very frustrating. Thank you.

Model # Vizio VX37L HDTV
Serial # LSPACAG3904180

Username: Mpaschall83

I dont know about the turning on and off. But after you turn your t.v. on, hit the input button to were you want the input to come from

Username: Nannieschicken

Greetings,
I'm in need of a tv stand (base) for an old vizio hdx 20l. I had it wall mounted originally, but now want to use it on a tabletop, but have misplaced the original stand that came with it. Perhaps there's is a universal stand that might work? Your feedback will be appreciated.

Username: Freway01

Gilbert, AZ USA

I have a Vizio L32 and today I tried to attach a Popcorn Hour A-110 to the HDMI connection and it worked fine the first time but after I disconnected it then connected it again, the HDMI input stopped working. When I have something plugged into the HDMI input (the Popcorn or the Sony DVD player I usually have plugged in) and turn on the Vizio, it powers itself off after about 20 seconds. If I unplug the HDMI cable it stays on. I also noticed that since this happened my DTV no longer works.

Analog inputs work fine as do the composite.

Is there something I can do to reset the Vizio L32 so I get back the HDMI port and DTV? I've tried doing the resets via the menu option for both the DTV and Digital inputs but that didn't help.

Username: Danlar1138

Dale,
I have a Vizio 37" LCD TV. There seems to be a dark splotch on the screen. It does not seem to be a dead pixel. It almost looks as though there was something spilled on the screen. I have tried to wipe it off with plain water but it will not go away. I was told that moisture may have gotten trapped behind the protective screen. Is this possible and can it be fixed? Thank you.

Username: Scatman2k

I have a Vizio L42HDTV10A that is totally dead. No lights, no clicks. Anyone know if the power supply on this model is typically the only culprit for this issue, and if there is a common failure component on the module that could be replaced to get this working again?

Thanks

Username: Djpkboo

Repair Tips....
If your vizio LCD has the vizio logo still lit but your screen doesn't turn on, replace the power supply board. If the logo does not light up when plugged in, replace both the power & the video board also known as main unit. I have ordered parts from Vance Baldwin but I get better support from Shop Jimmy. Good luck to all.

Username: Capezzani

Hello,

I have a L32 HDTV unit I bought in Costco in 2006.

As of last week, I'm having trouble with the image. The color seems tinted pink-ish, with some areas that appear to be saturated, like in negative. There is also some noise and a faint flicker. This happens with all inputs (TV, AV1, AV2, AV3) and it's particularly noticeable when connecting my PC to the TV.

Dale, could this the DTV board issue? How can I be sure?

Here's a picture that might help determine the problem. The top of the image is kind of pink, and it should be white.

Thank you!
Regards,

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10396
there seems to be a lot of problems with these Vizio tvs. if this is so widespread, then why do people continue to purchase them...easier on the wallet?...in the short run??

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4096
People in the U.S. just want what they can get the cheapest. I've always believed in spending more and getting better quality. It's served me well except for one time when I bought a Sony TV that I knew better than to buy, I know perfectly well Sony reliability issues, it lasted less than 6 months. At least they bought me out for the purchase price.

In other countries where they are willing to pay more to get more they get better electronics than we get in the U.S.

People just don't research before they buy stuff. If you look around a little you'll find Vizios have one of the highest return rate of any TV made because of their high breakdowns.

Username: Dtrixny

Here it goes again to all the new people that join looking for help...If you have a Vizio you bought at Costco anything time before this new 3 month policy they will take it back. you dont even need a receipt because costco knows everything you ever bought from them, they see it on your acc. if you have a receipt you get your money back, if not store credit...No question ask as-long you didnt drop it and have plastic or screen crack, but even if you dropped it and if there is no marks cause it landed on a rug they take it back.

I had bought my mom a L32 lasted 2 years and it went blank,just a black screen but audio worked. Someone here posted that costco takes it back with no problem before the new 3 month policy and it was true I walked in got the full price on store credit and got a new Samsung. If you go to costco look at the return line or what they have behind the counter you will see Vizio tv all sizes and some that just been out a few month old...

Dont fix it if you got it from Costco take it back, someone said he got it 2006 thats perfect walk in there, you dont even need the box

I thank you for the good advice, but I'm afraid I'm living outside US at the moment. I bought the TV at Costco and took it back to my home country.

That's why I NEED to fix it, or rather throw it away.

Any help on what might be the problem? The DTV board maybe?

Here's another picture of what happens when I connect my PC. Everything terribly saturated towards pink...

Help!

Cheers,

Upload

Hi All,

Anybody got any suggestion regarding my problem?

Any technician around that could please recommend me what board to buy and fix my pink-colored Vizio L32?

Thank you!

Username: Alexolewis3

Dale,
I have a P50HDM we heard a loud pop and the pricture went dim we were told that the Y SUS and Z SUS boards were bad.

1. Is this true or could it be something else
2. Do you have the boards 4 Sale?
3. How much?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Username: Lewheath

Grand Blanc, MI US

I recently had a Vizio VM60P 60" Plasma tv repaired and while bringing it home I cracked the screen. Is there anything that I can do to get it repaired?

Username: Leafs27

The only way to repair a cracked screen is to replace the screen. Unless you can find a good used one for sale, a new one will most likely cost more than the set cost. If you have house insurance and the panel is quite expensive, it may be worth it to use insurance. This all depends on what your deductable is, and what your insurer will do on a second or third claim. Some insurance companies won't cover you after 2 claims, so it may be better to not claim it.

Username: Goggs6

Hey Folks!

I am looking for a 6871QYH953A Y SUS board. If anyone has a lead on one or can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and have a good one!

Shawn

goggs7@yahoo.com

Username: Knappy023

Watkins Glen, NY United States

I recently bought a used Vizio GV47L on eBay for $300 shipped to my door. I bought it with known issues, which to me seem like an easy fix. The listing says "the orange light turns to white like it should but the screen never turns on". From reading this thread it sounds like some sort of board. Can some one give me some advice?? Like what might be wrong with it, and how hard is it to repair?? Thanks in advance.

Username: Garbe

Do you have sound? If you do, it is unlikely that it is a bad power supply. If you have no sound and screen remains dark, it is possible that the power supply board is bad. Sometimes these can be repaired by looking for "swollen" electrolytic capacitors on the board that have gone bad. (Can be hard with no indication on the screen to tell if you are in the "TV" mode so as to know if you have a channel selected and can expect sound so that is tough).
Also if you have sound and no light on the screen, you could have a bad inverter board (creates the high voltage for the backlight) or defective backlight lamp/s.

Username: Jojoz97

I WOULD SUGGEST TALKING TO THE GUYS AT
WWW.EPARTSCITY.COM THEY HELPED ME ALOT WITH MY P50HDM VIZIO,THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING

Username: Nvernon

Hello, I have a Visio L42HDTV10A, MFG September 2006, and the RF connector snapped off. I opened it up and the board is 3420-0012-0150. Does anyone know how to fix this or have a replacement board that I can buy.

Please help.

Thanks,

CALL JACK AT EPARTSCITY.COM 1-408-454-6169

Username: Jmste755

I'm having a couple of issues with my GV42LHDTV. It won't change channels with the remote or panel buttons. Also, when searching for channels, it will go to a channel when i directly input the channel number. During channel search it will find analog fine, but digital progress bar never moves. Vizio support had me remove power cord & hold down power button for 60 sec, which fixed the problem only temporarily, & now doesn't work at all. Has anyone seen anything like this? Can you recommend parts, ect? I have an email in to EPARTSCITY.COM describing problem, but folks here have fixed their problems on the advice of others, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks.

Username: Mbsimonds

I am in need of a screen for a VU42L. I had a WII controller attempt to travel through mine. It didn't happen.

If anyone near Connecticut has a screen, let me know.

If I don't find one in a week or so, I have parts for sale cheap. Make an offer.

The TV was used for less than a month so the parts are practically new. It's been sitting around broken since christmas.

email. mbsimonds AT aol DOT com

Username: Sierraskibum

Reno, NV

My Zenith / LG 42" plasma screen went dark. Checked the top fuse on the ZSUS board and it is bad. I assume just replacing the fuse won't fix it. Does anyone have a used LG ZSUS board part number 6871QZH033A?

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 300
Guys,
Sorry for the delay.. I lost this thread for some reason.. Anyone that has problems still, post them and I will try to get to them ASAP!

Tony Vail,
Changing the ceramic fuse will not fix it. It 99% of the cases, you have a bad transistor module (can't find) and a few bad diodes. You should replace the board completely. Check discount-merchant.com to see if they have it, if not partstore will probably have it.

What's this EPARTCITY business guys? Spamming the forums are not cool. They have like 40 parts total on the site?!

PartStore has 1,000,000+ and Discount-Merchant has 200,000+ actually on hand.

Username: Sierraskibum

Reno, NV

Thanks. I'm wondering if the Y board will also be bad. I read at one parts site to check the Z board P3 15V rail for voltage and that it must be 15V. They were saying that the Y board impacts the Z board. Of course they may just want to sell twice as many boards! I only have 9.5V (DC?) at the 15V lead. Of course the Z board is defective. Hate to replace the Z board and have it damaged immediately, but my first thought is to replace the Z board by itself and see if that resolves the matter. Do you know about the possible Y board issue? Again, the main symptom at this time is a dark screen with some murky images seen. The screen was previously showing some ocassional light dots before warming up and then the dots would go away completely once the TV was warmed up or used for 20 minutes or more. That had been going on for a long time. Again, thanks.

Post Number: 7
I wasnt spamming the web site with anything,i was telling people that these guess help you over the phone find out your problem and then send u the product,i cant find anyone else else willing to do that for free or even willing to help diagnose the problem at all over the phone for that matter.i got a vizio 50 inch that cant figure out what wrong with itand they have been helpful trying to figure it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us