27" Memorex TV problem - picture cropping

Nicky
Unregistered guest
After running the TV for a few minutes the picture blinks and the image is enlarged so that the outer 2 inches or so have been cropped out. This can be temporarily fixed by hitting the side of the tv, however this only fixes it for a little while. I have cleaned the dust and grime out of it with compressed air hoping that would fix the problem but unfortunatly to no avail. Please let me know if there is a simple and permanent solution.
The model number is MT1127 if that is any help.
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
You probably have a bad solder joint on the circuit board. If you can solder, go over[re-solder] some of them & 'HIT ' the side again to see if the problem disappeared....{resolder joints especially around transformers & large component parts..........good luck ....TED

Nicky
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the tip, however things have gotten worse before I had a chance to try your solution. I gave the box another rap on the side (not very hard at all) and rather than going back to normal the screen began getting smaller and smaller until it went green and the power turned off leaving me with a strange (and fairly quiet) ticking/squeaking sound coming from the back. Ive since unplugged it and every time that i do plug it back in the same sound eminates from the machine. After taking off the casing it appears that the sound is coming from some of the components on the main curcuit board, yet I cannot clearly identify the exact spot. Also since this has happend, the red standby light no longer turns on. Anyway, thanks again.

Unregistered guest
The TV Memorex model MT 1127 had no signal to the CRT circuit . Sound is OK, so the screen had no picture at all, I try to replace the Video IC TDA8844 but unfortunately the problem still remains the same, any help would be much aprreciated!

Username: Ohms

London, Ont. Canada

Post Number: 2
nicky.i believe you have shorted the HOT.replace the hot and see what happens.first check all connections from circuit board on back of crt to main board.make sure to discharge crt.

Unregistered guest
I have a 7-year-old Panasonic CT-27G television set, competent and satisfactory for me, but the picture is going bad: first just a horizontal band of light, then vertical flipping, short periods of normal, then periods of dark. Is this worth trying to fix?

Unregistered guest
I have a 7-year-old Panasonic CT-27G television set, competent and satisfactory for me, but the picture is going bad: first just a horizontal band of light, then vertical flipping, short periods of normal, then periods of dark. (I'm not a techie.) Is this worth trying to get fixed?

Anonymous

does fixing the cropping problem costs a lot of money??

Unregistered guest
hey,
i have a Memorex AC/DC T.V. and I am trying to use it and when ever i go to turn it on it will sound like it is starting up but then like it will shut off after 3 seconds do you know if there is a easy way to fix this problem with out going to see anyone about it???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us