Three jailed for set-top box fraud

Bronze Member
Username: Ulzana

Post Number: 36
Press Association – Tue, Jul 19, 2011

Three men who took part in a massive fraud by selling set-top boxes which allowed people unlawful free access to Virgin Media's cable television channels have been jailed for a total of 15 years.

The men manufactured, imported and supplied more than 400,000 set-top boxes across the UK during a three-and-a-half year operation, a jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court was told.

The scam, described as the largest commercial fraud to have been prosecuted in the UK, is thought to have cost Virgin Media some £144 million a year.

The set-top boxes were sold between January 2005 and November 2008 to suppliers and dealers across the UK and Northern Ireland.

Although it was unlawful to use the boxes, consumers were tricked into spending hundreds of pounds on the devices because they gave access to Virgin Media's cable television services without subscription.

A Virgin Media spokesman said the company's counter-measures regularly disabled unofficial boxes while the roll-out of new encryption technology across the cable network meant that all such set-top boxes were now useless.

Virgin Media launched a private prosecution following a large-scale joint operation with the Metropolitan Police at Redbridge, Essex, and New Scotland Yard.

Munaf Ahmed Zinga, 40, from Plaistow, Essex, who traded the Eurovox-branded set-top boxes through his business Rayyonics Ltd, got an eight-year sentence. His assistant, Mukandun Pillai, 39, from Hainault, was jailed for six years. The jury convicted them of conspiracy to defraud.

The third man, Salim Patel, from Plaistow, was jailed for 12 months. He had earlier pleaded guilty to his part in the conspiracy by working as a delivery driver for the company, transporting the set-top boxes to suppliers and collecting cash in return.

Judge Inigo Bing said when he sentenced the men last week: "As the full programme of TV services can be expensive, the defendant's product had great appeal to those members of the public who had less than exemplary scruples. The potential market for free TV was enormous."

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21532
Geronimo:

Gosh! I did not know you had a British branch operating sale of illegal receivers. You Mexicans are improving - from criminal drug running operations to civilian frauds.

Hats off to you!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ulzana

Post Number: 38
Federal Court Enters Permanent Injunction Against Sonicview IKS Dongles and Awards $14.4M in Damages
July 21st, 2011

On July 19, 2011, the United States District Court for the Southern District of California entered a permanent injunction against former Sonicview employee Chris Whitcomb and his business ProSonicview. Whitcomb used his ProSonicview business as a â€dealer†of various Sonicview related products and was sued by DISH Network, EchoStar Technologies and NagraStar earlier this year after he ignored a prior preliminary injunction barring the Sonicview iHub dongle. Whitcomb attempted to re-package the iHub and sell it under the names â€SV-Lan†and â€NewLinkâ€. Earlier in the case the court granted DISH Networkâ€s preliminary injunction finding that DISH Network was likely to prevail on the DMCA and Communications Act claims asserting these devices were primarily designed for piracy.

The Court’s July 19 Order entered a permanent injunction against further piracy-related sales by Whitcomb â€" including sales of the Sonicview iHub, SV-Lan and New Link. The Court also ordered Whitcomb to destroy all remaining inventory of these piracy products and to verify that destruction under oath with the Court within 60 days. Finally, the Court assessed statutory damages against Whitcomb under the Communications Act and awarded DISH Network $10,000 per device sold totalling $14.4 Million.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 861
Geronimo:
You have sold SonicView. with ihub, newlink,svlan etc., you must already have been convicted. When is your sentencing date?

Silver Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 501
hi nalo!! My GOOD Friend

Bronze Member
Username: Baffin

Post Number: 23
Indian police say they have a whole host of wanted people who are residing in Canada. Among the more high- profile ones are Subhash Agrawal of Ottawa, wanted in India as a suspect in the 2003 murder of his sister.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 502
Sada sent me a personal message saying the report is unfortunately true

Bronze Member
Username: Baffin

Post Number: 25
Indian police should contact ecoustics for help.

btw.........Diego, good to see that you are still here
to baby sit Nalin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Diego Garcia:
sada cannot reach you in jail.
Baffin:
FBI has your IP and you will join Diego Garcia in jail

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 503
I did not know sada was in jail when he wrote me. Maybe it was he that informed the authorities of your child m0lesting interests.

Bronze Member
Username: Kent_island50

Post Number: 61
Subhash Agrawal of Ottawa, wanted in India as a suspect in the 2003 murder of his sister.

Subash!! did you kill your sister?
Muhammad said there will be NO second life for you.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 867
Diego Garcia:
Sada is not in jail that is known even to your leader Doreen jack a*ss, you are in jail that is what I posted. Because of your low IQ you could not understand that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
Fish:
That picture is of your Dad, DNA tests will prove that, name change does not help your dad. Feel sorry for you kid.

Username: Lee_tung

Post Number: 6
Subas!! do you ever tell the truth?
yesterday you said sada was in jail

SubashSilver Member

Post Number: 865
Krishn posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 11:03 pm
Diego Garcia:
sada cannot reach you in jail.

today you are saying sada said in not in jail
SubashSilver Member

Post Number: 867
Krishn posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 09:55 am
Diego Garcia:
Sada is not in jail

your mother slept with five thugs & now we see the result,
the son of five fathers
Nalin Nyda
J Harding
Pest Control
Casual
Humble

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 505
the truth

http://www.navhindtimes.in/goa-news/four-sada-sub-jail-inmates-go-berserk-assaul t-two-guards

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21543
Diego Garcia: and TOJO
New member.

I read the URL posted above.
It says clearly,

"The superintendent of jail, sub-jail, Sada, Mr Levinson Martins along with deputy superintendent of police, Vasco,....."
and "Four inmates from Sada sub-jail...."

The name of the sub-jail is sada.
Sada, the member at Ecosutics is NOT in jail.
You know it and you deliberately want to give false impression to other members.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 508
sada will not bet released until he discloses nydazz whereabouts

Username: Lee_tung

Post Number: 7
Diego!! check this out

.SubashSilver Member

Post Number: 863
.................Hope this helps, many times not able to give a prompt answer since, it is just hectic with kids out for summer and wife being a physician makes it even more hectic.

74 year old man here 24/7 with kids out for summer
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21553
Diego and TOJO: While you are at it, check this old home of your too.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
TOJO:
low life scumbag - retard reach you in jail addressed to Diego Garcia means Diego Garcia is in jail only retards cannot understand this.
You are born to a whore and bet you are dying of aids

Bronze Member
Username: Moutsouna

Post Number: 45
Your posts are probably the main reason why you
muslims live in the third world, backward, shitholes
you sir are a disgrace to the human race

you live in you own world, full of lies,childish mind
and a very lonely old man.
only thing left in your life is this forum
many thanks to the owners that allow you here.
you may be crazy but good for business.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21563
You sir a disgrace to this forum.
Knowing very well that I am not a Muslim, you call me a muslim.
Knowing very well that I am I live in North America, , you insist on putting me in another country.
You, Sir, are a big lier
Knowing very well that I have a lot of knowledge, you insist I have no knowledge.
knowing very well that I have helped you int the past, you insist on trying to disgrace me.

The owners have never once told me to stop posting.
If you knew how much writing I am have been doing for the past 5 years, you will be stunned.
Far from being lonely, I have my family and grandchildren my other relatives all around me, and a few abroad who are affluent enough to come and visit me.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Here is the website where Nalin Nyda was storing all his Puff Files.

http://www.media~fire.com/?sharekey=4082a841bb2dcc4fab1eab3e9fa335ca34e47fe10703 ec77

omit ~ and see for yourself, ecoustics will not allow their name to be posted on this forum

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21574
Naxian aka crazycool
Bronze Member

How far would you go to try and frame me?

I have no media~fire account and no files stored there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us