Pioneer DV 563A-S

Owen
I'd be grateful if anyone could offer an appraisal of the Pioneer 563A-S DVD player. I'm a DVD novice, and I have a chance to get it through Air Miles.

Thanks!

elitefan
Both current editions of Home Theater and Sound and Vision review this player and really like it. It got the "Hot Ticket" designation from HT. There have been posters here who have it and like it. For $179 it,s a steal for someone on a budget.
I have the Elite45a and it's great and had a pioneer 525 before and have always liked their players especially the audio side. Read the reviews and give it a try.

Username: Heff

Post Number: 28
You won't find a better value in combo DVD-A/SACD units than the Pioneer 563A-S. At that price, you can try out the two formats and decide if you enjoy the sound. The Elite 45A has 3 burr brown DAC processors, a nicer remote and some other nifty features, but can your ears tell the difference? If not, you might save some $$$ and get in the game with the 563A. You might get hooked!

Anonymous

My 563a does not handle pre-emphasized CDs (many were issued in the early days of CD) properly.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know any difference between the 563A and the 563A-s? The player appears identical (the model number on the front panel is 563A), but there's no mention on Pioneer's website about the "-s" version, and what the designator means

BaseballGod
Unregistered guest
I believe the -s is simply a color designation "s" for silver

dvd 2004
Unregistered guest
Fyi, the 2004 565-A is due out any day now... supposed to be even cheaper than the 563. Don't know if that's a good thing though. :\
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us