I want a hlp6163 and i WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CWPOPI
Unregistered guest
WHEN IS MY TV COMMING OUT?????

Scott Smetana
Unregistered guest
August 2, 2004.

However.....

I've heard a rumor Samsung will release a better 61" - the HLP6197 with the better HD2+ in November. Soooo confusing, good luck.

Unregistered guest
I have contacted Samsung several times and regardless of the numbers on the HLP6197 they will tell you that the HD3 chip is a better chip and produces a better picture than the HD2+.

MrShmoo
Unregistered guest
I saw a HLP6163 today at Best Buy in Aurora, IL.

Mschuyler
Unregistered guest
The HLP6163's are in stock and available several places right now. Specs say they have the HD3. The difference in the upcoming 97 is that it has a built in cable card for hdtv. Pretty difficult to peg one when they come out with a new one every coupla months.

Unregistered guest
The Samsung HLP6163's use the HD3 chip. I don't know about the people at Samsung, but the HD2+ chip is superior to that of HD3, but the HD3 has a more reasonable contrast, but the HD2+ has a superior black level. But if you can, please wait for the new Samsung DLP or if you really want one now, get a 85 series DLP instead. Also the 85 series use the HD2+ chip.

Unregistered guest
Hello all. I'm not a registered user here, but here are my comments. After waiting for several months I purchased the Samsung HLP6163W from Circuit City. I have had 2 problems in the past 20 days and have already had the lamp changed once. I called Samsung this morning and the techie told me about the new HLP6197 that is coming out in late October/early November. It is going to have a 3000:1 Contrast ratio and a better HD chip...with a buit-in HD tuner. Also, the cost is going to be the same as the HLP6163W is today. They are going to dramatically drop the price of the 63 series once this new monster is released. I hope this helps.

Marten
Unregistered guest
I might be wrong, but I thought the 6197 would have the xHD3 chip (native 1080)?

Rick Stone
Unregistered guest
The 6197 will have the xHD3 chip, not the HD3 chip.

The xHD3 chip is their best. The HD2+ (Mustang) chip is their second best.

NoNabob
Unregistered guest
Has anyone seen the HLN617W and the HLP6163 side-by-side? I thought I was getting the HLP6163 at Costco but it is the HPN617W instead. I think I will return it. Any advice?

Zsmooth
Unregistered guest
The HLP6163 has a higher contrast ratio than the NLH617W (2000:1 vs. 1500:1). I again spoke with the techie at Samsung this week and the 97 model will be available in about a month. I, personally, am holding out. I have also looked at the Toshiba DLP as well...might be a bit cheaper with the same picture quality (both use the HD2+ Chip). If the HLP6197 has the HD3 chip then it will be the best DLP tv out there. HOLD OUT!!

kmf_9999
Unregistered guest
This is the info that I have on the HLP-6197W. They will have the xHD3 chip. The HD3 chip is not to be confused with the xHD3 chip. Qualitywise, this is how it stands: xHD3 > HD2+ > HD3. As of now, there are no tvs on the market with the xHD3 chip. But what really makes HLP-6197W unique is the fact that it is the first tv in the market to have full 1080p (if you discount the $16000 Mitsubishi). Somebody mentioned in the forum that according to the Samsung sales rep, the 6197 will sell for roughly what the 6163W retails for right now. That's not the case. 6163W now sells for somewhere around $ 4K. HLP-6197W will have a $6,400 price tag when it comes out. Hope this info helps. Personally, I am planning to buy the HLP-6197W, but probably am going to wait for a year (at that time the price would probably be in the 3.5 -4k range) to make the purchase.

PerpleGyrl
Unregistered guest
Hello, I just bought a 6163W. I have noticed an annoying lip sync problem. Has anyone else had this problem. After discovering this site, I may return it and hold out for the 6197W afterall. Thanks!

IRJ
Unregistered guest
A lot of us are waiting for the 6197 and the wait is getting tiresome. Spoke with a lot of people recently and estimate now is for launch March/April 2005!!!!
6193 is available for around $3,300.00 if one looks long and hard enough. That will likely fall to $3K soon so at a complete guess the 6197 will have an MSRP of $4.5-5K, but be available for under $4K quickly. Seeing as one tends to stick with a TV for a long time it's probably worthwhile waiting, but it's hard.....

jjg
Unregistered guest
abe's of maine has a 6163w DELIVERED price of around $2850, that is unreal and I am gonna jump in and go for it. wish me luck on my first hdtv

Hblaze
Unregistered guest
Abe's of Maine does NOT post the correct shipping cost on their website for these tvs. The correct shipping price for 6163w is $499.00. I checked with them. Feel free to confirm with them. Good luck.

PerpleGyrl
Unregistered guest
I paid $3,350 for mine at Best Buy... got 24 mos free financing and 4 yr warranty that covers bulb.... I decided to keep it.... it is great! Any suggestions about lip sync problem? I only get it with DVD's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us