Sony KV34HS420 or Samsung HLP5063W

Newbie2
Unregistered guest
Which TV is better? What do you recommend? I hear the tube still gives a better picture than the DLP. I also have a friend who bought the Samsung, has SAT and the HD channels are Kick A&^, but non HD channels seem to breakup. The faces of people seem to come in and out, like the pixels are breaking up.....Thanks,Newbie

Anonymous

The Sony will give excellent standard definition picture and good hi def picture. The Samsung has not as good standard definition picture (can pixelate as you stated)but awesome hi def. It is a trade off. If you watch mostly s.d. get the Sony. If you live for h.d. get the Samsung.

GeorgeSF
Unregistered guest
We bought one of the first HLP5063W's in late June from BestBuy. They couldn't have been nicer, met the competitor's price, and made delivery within a couple of days. At first, it was the best ever set we've seen; however, it began to act erraticaly (all lights blinking; cycling "on" and to "standby" [you cannot turn it "off"], sound but no picture, etc.). By unpluging it for a short while (from 30 seconds to several hours) and re-energizing then fooling with the remote (for 10 minutes to a couple of hours), we could get it to play normally (until last night). Also, there' a faint gray, circular smudge, about the size of a tennis ball, right in the center of the screen and about six inches down from the top. Called Best Buy for service on the extra four year in home service policy today. After navigating a pleasantly tedious telephone menu, I got a really nice fellow who took a lot of information, put me on hold for a long time, then said he was sorry. He could not schedule service because of computer problems. Someone else would call later. BEWARE!

The Samsung site is equally useless, very klunky, and basically tells one to call the 800 number that comes with the set. Not very edifying for a computer/electrnics company.

As for pixelating pictures, the quality of the signal to your cable box or receiver may have more to do with that than the set itself. Eliminate splitters and use only the best cable and fittings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us