EchoStar's acquisition of Hughes

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16247
it's now official, the purchase has been completed...

EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS ) and Hughes Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUGH) have announced the successful completion of EchoStar's acquisition of Hughes. The combined companies will create a powerhouse in satellite based digital video and broadband technologies and services. Under the terms of the transaction, Hughes' shareholders will receive $60.70 per share without interest, which represents a premium of 31 percent over Hughes' unaffected closing share price of $46.43 on January 19, 2011. The funding of the acquisition is being supported by the recent successful placement of $1.1 billion of senior secured notes and $900 million of senior unsecured notes.

"This strategic combination will significantly expand our know-how to develop exciting new video and data products and solutions, opening up global market opportunities that leverage our leadership in the delivery of innovative video and broadband data services," said Michael Dugan, Chief Executive Officer and President of EchoStar. "Hughes is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, with innovative network technologies, managed services and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. The two companies together will have an extensive fleet of owned and leased satellites, experienced personnel and com munications facilities around the world, creating a global leader in video and data transport."

http://www.satnews.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?number=580109076

Silver Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 380
That's very OLD news

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21213
Plymouth: As decreed by the ever nosey fun Bunch I declare you were about 3 hours late with the news when you announced it in this forum.
22 Feb 2011
The deal is
expected to close later in 2011, although it will require regulatory approvals.

June 9, 2011 EchoStar Corporation
has completed its acquisition of Hughes Communications. Under the terms of the transaction, ………

As usual, the nosey bunch can read and understand much less English than you do, and can't tell the difference between a deal being negotiated and
a deal completed on June 9, 2011
Q.E.D.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2365
Man!! Subashi and his cohorts got tore apart by Doreen yesterday and they are ignorant enough to come back for more

Bronze Member
Username: Duffy_losers_bar

Post Number: 17
Denver Business Journal
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011, 7:17pm MDT 2011

Related:Media & Marketing, Technology

EchoStar Corp. said Wednesday it has closed on its acquisition of broadband-satellite services company Hughes Communications Inc. in a deal valued at $2 billion, including debt.

Douglas County-based EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS), spun off from Dish Network Corp. (Nasdaq: DISH) in 2008, makes digital television set-top boxes and manages satellite communications. Both companies are controlled by Charlie Ergen.

The deal, announced in February, calls for shareholders of Germantown, Md.-based Hughes to get $60.70 per share, a 31 percent premium over Hughes’ share price of $46.43 on Jan. 19.

EchoStar recently sold $2 billion in secured and unsecured debt notes to help finance the deal.

Hughes sells satellite Internet access directly nearly to consumers, counting nearly 560,000 customers in North America. It also sells business satellite communications services handling credit card transaction data and inventory tracking, and it sells satellite video and data services to other telecom and media companies.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16248
Garcia

You look as stupid as usual with your comments poor idiot!

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 382
That deal was made in Feb:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-14/echostar-to-purchase-hughes-communications-for-2-billion-including-debt.htmlUpload

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16256

Bronze Member
Username: Tartarus

Post Number: 24
Press Releases

SES-3 SATELLITE ARRIVES AT BAIKONOUR LAUNCH BASE Launch on ILS Proton Breeze M slated for July 10 Luxembourg, June 9th, 2011 - SES S.A. (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) announces that the SES-3 satellite today safely arrived at the Baikonour Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan onboard an Antonov cargo plane. The SES-3 spacecraft, manufactured by Orbital Sciences Corporation, will now be readied for launch onboard an ILS Proton Breeze M booster, scheduled for lift off on July 10, 2011.

SES-3 is a hybrid C- and Ku-band satellite which will replace AMC-1 at 103 degrees West and provide comprehensive coverage of North America and the Caribbean from this highly sought after location in the Centre of the North American Arc. As such, SES-3 is an integral part of SES' satellite replacement program over North America. The satellite's C-band payload will continue hosting blue-chip U.S. television networks broadcasting to over 4,350 cable head-ends while its Ku-band transponders will serve a range of enterprise customers with VSAT and broadband services. The cross-strapping capabilities from C- to Ku-band on the spacecraft will enable customers to further optimize their enterprise networks.

SES-3 is based on Orbital's space-proven Star 2.4 platform, the largest and most powerful geostationary communications satellites Orbital builds. It carries 24 C-Band transponders and 24 Ku-Band transponders (36 MHz equivalents), generates approximately five kilowatts of payload power, and features a design life of 15 years.

States Romain Bausch, President and CEO of SES: "SES-3 will provide seamless replacement capacity at the important orbital position of 103 degrees West, from where SES feeds TV programming into virtually every cable network in the U.S. As such, the launch of SES-3 will be an important event to a number of our North American customers ensuring a smooth continuation of their operations for years to come. We look forward to another Proton success as the combined teams of ILS, Orbital and SES go through the SES-3 launch count down over the next few weeks."

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21215
News as posted by Plymouth on 9th june, 2011.

EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS ) and Hughes Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: HUGH) have announced the successful completion of EchoStar's acquisition of Hughes. The combined companies will create a powerhouse in satellite based digital video and broadband technologies and services. Under the terms of the transaction, Hughes' shareholders will receive $60.70 per share without interest, which represents a premium of 31 percent over Hughes' unaffected closing share price of $46.43 on January 19, 2011. The funding of the acquisition is being supported by the recent successful placement of $1.1 billion of senior secured notes and $900 million of senior unsecured notes.

"This strategic combination will significantly expand our know-how to develop exciting new video and data products and solutions, opening up global market opportunities that leverage our leadership in the delivery of innovative video and broadband data services," said Michael Dugan, Chief Executive Officer and President of EchoStar. "Hughes is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, with innovative network technologies, managed services and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. The two companies together will have an extensive fleet of owned and leased satellites, experienced personnel and com munications facilities around the world, creating a global leader in video and data transport."

http://www.satnews.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?number=580109076

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 387
By Kristen Schweizer and Katie Hoffmann - Feb 14, 2011 8:56 AM CT

inShare27
More
Print
Email

EchoStar to Buy Hughes Communications for $2 Billion

An EchoStar Communications Corp. DishNetwork dish is mounted outside windows of a home in the Queens borough of New York. Photographer: Daniel Acker/Bloomberg

EchoStar Corp., a provider of television set-top boxes and satellite services, said it agreed to buy Hughes Communications Inc. for about $1.32 billion.

Hughes shareholders will receive $60.70 a share without interest, a 31 percent premium over its closing share price of $46.43 on Jan. 19, the companies said today in a statement. Reuters reported Jan. 20 that Hughes was looking for a buyer.

The deal adds broadband data services to EchoStar, which gets most of its revenue from Dish Network Corp., the second- largest U.S. satellite-TV provider. Hughes, based in Germantown, Maryland, runs broadband satellite networks for businesses, governments and consumers. The total value of the deal, including debt, is $2 billion.

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 351
Mr. Garcia: I read Mr. Plymouth's and your version of the announcement. At work, we get many persons whose mother tongue is Spanish, who do not understand the difference between intention to buy and the actual purchase. I get complaints from them like this:
"I agreed to purchase xyz item when the new stock arrives, and now when the stock came you sold it to others. "
They fail to notice that they had shown intention to purchase if the item arrived before a certain date and the stock arived much later when their stock reservation was already cancelled.

Quite simply, Sir, and reading many reports, it is clear to me that a deal was negotiated and talked about in February, 2011 and completed as Mr. Plymouth correctly says "COMPLETED" on the JUNE, 2011. I am sure, Sir, that as you stay longer in America you will pick up these little differences in English language which so many foreign language people, especially from Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries, find hard to understand.

I notice there is a lot of Spanish speaking people posting in another thread at the forum and you might consider posting there for clarification before any misunderstanding occurs. It will save you a lot of aggravation.

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 404
De verdad crees que a nadie le importa lo que usted piensa?

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2368
I should say "Harding has been Humbled"

Silver Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 405
Hey Harding!! Go crawl back up your mothers hole, your not ready for this place!!

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 744
Humble:
Diego Garcia, Zulu, KO and Don Diego de la Vega are low life scumbags who are out to create trouble.

They are ga*y/looser bunch.

Bronze Member
Username: Kent_island50

Post Number: 13
Hey Harding are you also from Delhi, India?
The reason I ask is because you show up every time
Nalini gets hisass kick by the good old Boys Network.

btw is it true that Nalini was telling us that your
Chief Minister name is Dikshit?

man she can't be too bright, she should change her
name, News anchor lady fell out of her chair laughing so hard
when she seen Dikshit name.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Mr. Fish: I am sorry to disappoint you but I am not from Delhi, nor from India. I meet Indians from South Asia at work, and as a group I find them pleasant to talk with and deal with. There are always the odd ones that are not too pleasant, but I have been trained at work to be polite with them if they are customers and report them to my superior if colleagues. However, I have not had to report them or take up the matter with my superior for any of my colleagues.
I used to be rough and ready with answers, but I was taught by able people in customer relations and have since been teaching in a junior capacity i.e. I help break in new trainees after they have been trained by the senior staff.

I do not know who "Dikshit" is, so I cannot answer you on that.

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 267
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 231
I think Fish is fishing.

Btw......Harding your post count 354
Name change five times, is someone on your trail?
Have you been messing with some ones wife?
Confident
Conservative
Casual
J Harding and now is "Humble Bee"

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
Mr. JOHNNY BOY asked me:
"Name change five times, is someone on your trail? "
Unfortunately others started using my chosen screen name three times, making me change three times. I did not feel I wanted to make an issue out of it, hence I changed my name.

Bronze Member
Username: Kent_island50

Post Number: 14
Silver Member

Post Number: 358
Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 10:20 pm:
Mr. JOHNNY BOY asked me:
"Name change five times, is someone on your trail? "
Unfortunately others started using my chosen screen name three times, making me change three times. I did not feel I wanted to make an issue out of it, hence I changed my name.

You lie so much how do you sleep?

so why didn't you change your username if you didn't
want people to know who you are?

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
Mr. Fish: I am not sure what you are trying to say.
I have already explained what my screen name is and why it has changed. It is my understanding that most people use screen names other than what their real name is,. Even at work, we are told to use short screen names that have no bearing on our real names.
I think the training I have received in Internet use and customer relations is better than what I see in use in this and many other forums.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us