Needs help vizio 50in model name P50 HDTV20A

Username: Jeepgczj

Post Number: 3
was watching netflix on my xbox today and all of a sudden my tv went black but the sound was still there. bought it brand new in 2008. my tv size is a 50in and model is VIZIO P50 HDTV20A any one know any thing that would help would be great

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2385
Take a DC source and see which way the fan turns. Keep track of polarity.
Can you tell which way it is SUPPOSED to turn?
Measure the voltage POLARITY on the feed board.
Make it match and you should be ready to go.

If it's an AC fan, it shouldn't make any difference, right?

Username: Jeepgczj

Post Number: 4
sorry but you lost me, can you dumb it down a little bit for me? lol

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2392
Well, if you're in the set doing board changes and all, I thought you AT LEAST had a DVM....Digital Volt Meter. The 30$ or 40$ one from Rat Shack would do.

1. Does the fan HAVE to spin a certain way? Probably yes.
2. Use a battery to spin it and use the meter to determine what polarity made it spin the right way......this is for a DC fan. A 9V battery may work.
3. the tricky part. WITHOUT frying yourself or the set....measure the voltage.....on the connector you pulled the wires out of. Connect the + wire to the + wire on the fan that the + from the battery made rotate the right way. - will be the 'other' wire.

IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT working around HI VOLTAGE just take is somewhere and PAY SOMEONE to fix it for you. They will have a schematic with color code.
DEATH IS FINAL and a good ZAP from the ballast will render you room temp as quick as a bullet.

BE CAREFUL. You should probably see professional help.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2393
wrong thread again....ignore above.......sheesh:
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us