Sanyo VCR not working with cable???

Foolme
Unregistered guest
I need to record something for my friend, in return for something *cries*. A few months ago my vcr work prefectly with my tv and the channels. But Then the electricity went out one night and I went to reprogram the channels for the vcr, It didnt work. I have to turn off my vcr to watch the cable. and i can only use the vcr on channel 4. What do i do to make it work on all the channels???

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 60
You have to go into the channel setup menu and change it from antenna to cable, some VCRs default to antenna every time they lose power. Then after changing to cable if it has auto channel programming you need to do that too.

Username: Grrrrrr

Post Number: 1
Samsung v4600 vcr/dvd combo with new Samsung digital hdtv. I had Comcast cable come out and install digital box Motorola... I cant record any shows now on my vcr. I can hear sound but picture is scrambled. No help from Comcast... My tv has to be on 4 for cable but my tv has to be on 3 for vcr. Please help i have tried everything. Even if i watch channel three and turn off digital box I cant record just get a blank screen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
Set the VCR on channel 4.

Username: Grrrrrr

Post Number: 2
I did, still cant play it back it is scrambled!
Thanks though

Silver Member

Post Number: 657
Did you try recording with the VCR on channel 4? Whatever channel you set the TV on to watch the cable, that's what channel the VCR needs to be on to record. If the cable box has RCA outputs, that's how it should be connected to the VCR for the best quality.

Unregistered guest
I have a Sanyo vwm950 VCR. Sometimes the auto channel setup comes up for antenna and sometimes for cable. I want it on antenna. The only way I have found to do it is to disconnect all inputs to it and let it memorize channels, then go in manually and add the channels I want. I cannot find a way to tell it to use antenna or cable nor a way to set L1 and L2 on or off.
Please email me at mfkelly@arczip.com Subject: Sanyo VCR

Bill Parks
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to connect DVD/VCR to an '89 model Mitzibushi TV? I see nothing that says DVD on back of TV. Need help just connecting a VCR.

Bill Parks
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to connect DVD/VCR to an '89 model Mitzibushi TV? I see nothing that says DVD on back of TV. Need help just connecting a VCR.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1964
You need line inputs, RCAs or s-video, to connect the DVD part. If the TV doesn't have them, you need an RF modulator.

Unregistered guest
I have a dvw-7100 and cannot record the sound from my handycam to the vcr tape. I have a sony dcr-trv280 which is digital. Records the midia just fine but will not record the audio, is this because the vcr portion of the combo is mono?

theowner
Unregistered guest
I have a VWM686 Sanyo Vcr and we have the cable line from the wall to the VCR to the TV. Iam having problems recording? no other lines.
I tried but got nothing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1992
Autoprogram the channels.

JYC
Unregistered guest
I have a Sanyo VWM-950 VCR. I have gone through all of the set up and initialprogramming according to the manual and I get beautiful playback. I now want to record. When do the Timer Recording program and get to selecting channel, it only offers me CH2, L1 & L2 Both CH 3 & CH 4 are in use for broadcasting. I can't get anything to record, even the One touch recording function. The RCA connection on the front of my TV is for input, so I have also tried connecting with RF cable through the back of the TV at the antenna input. What am I doing wrong?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2090
Autoprogram the channels.

Unregistered guest
help!!!

I just bought my vcr yesterday as my other was bad. I have hooked it up. All I did was program date and time. I had cable out today because the picture is snowy. I turn the vcr off and the tv's picture is clear, but, if I just keep the vcr on and the tv on channel 3, turning the channel with the vcr and it goes in and out of fuzziness. Something has to be set or reset, what??

It's frustrating. Please reply to my email.
Thanks.

kadwash@cox.net

Username: Chuck8879

Post Number: 1
For some reason my VCR/DVD Sanyo DVW-7100A was working fine the other day. I went to use it today with the tv on the right channel and all I got was a blue screen with my VCR display, no channel picture. When I press play on the VCR I can hear sound but no picture. I took your advise for somebody else with changing the Channel setup back to cable instead of antenna but I do not have that option. It just gives me the choice for manual or auto channel setup. Please help!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2111
Some VCRs select antenna/cable automatically when they autoprogram.

Username: Chuck8879

Post Number: 2
Is there any way to reprogram that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2114
If it doesn't have an antenna/cable select, just autoprogram the channels, it will select whatever you have automatically.

Anonymous

We have a Sanyo VCR and want to watch a video on a regular TV from a SONY digital camera while it is recording to the tape in the VCR. We're having trouble figuring out how to do this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2186
Connect the camera to the VCR with RCAs and set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
I need to conect my Sanyo VCR to the Tv,which is also Sanyo.I dont have the manual,could you help me set it up?Thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us