Big Problem with new Panasonic Plasma

Username: Rshnike

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with the TH-42PD25 that i just bought. Without reading the manual (come on admit it noone does) i bought a dvi-d to hdmi wire to connect my home theater pc to the display. When it didnt work i checked the manual i found that below the HDMI resolutions accepted etc. it said that this port is not intended for use with computers. Is there any way i can get it to work anyways? I tried adjusting to various resolutions and no luck, sometimes i get red lines diagonnally running back and forth sometimes nothing and once or twice i got a very hazy and not even close to readable picture that stayed centered and flickered but was about 1/16 of the screen size. Its getting a signal it seems, because i get no "No Signal" messages. Any help is appreciated.

Oh and some scattered questions but please answer the above first its important.
1. Worse comes to worse if i buy ATI's DVI-Component adapter, i know how component looks but relative to DVI/HDMI how will it look/what will i notice different/ is it worth it?
2. Anyone know the retail price on the new HD Tivo from hughes that came out and if there are any bundles from DirecTV with it? I forget the model # at the moment but its on their web site. (DTV's and Hughes' i think)

Thanks a lot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us