Best way to view dvds on DLP tv?... DVD Rom or stand alone DVD Player

Username: Harbinger77

Nashville, TN

Post Number: 2
Hey gang. I'm relatively new to the forum. I'm planning on buying a Samsung HLP5085W tv as soon as they are in stock. In the meantime, I figured I would start shopping for a higher end dvd player. While looking at this, and other forums, I've seen alot of folks who are suggesting using their pc DVD player instead of buying a stand alone dvd player. From what I'm hearing, pcs are designed to produce pictures closer to 1080. I was wondering if there is a general consensus among you guys...what is gonna produce a better quality picture on an HD tv? Using a pc/dvd drive/video card with a dvi output....or progressive scan dvd player with dvi output. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say....or any research anyone has uncovered. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I would be very interested in this as well. Due to a neck injury I intend to switch my computer use to my DLP TV and was wondering whether or not to even buy a new DVD player or simply put my $$ into upgrading my computer for home theater use. I like the idea of "just" using my computer for DVD needs and wondered if it "is" better has I have heard.

Jadin

Jadin
Unregistered guest
I would still really love a reply is anyone has information.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us