Limesat Ultra - "Weak Signal" Issue with Anik F3 and Echostar 110

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 45
Hey guys. Last night, I was playing around with Limesat Ultra as I had too many redundant channels. So, I reset everything to factory defaults and reloaded all the new files including the Factory file 201 and private server file 1.18. Now, the issue is I keep getting "Weak Signal" message as I go through the channel lists. Most of the channels on Anik F3 seems to be working fine but on 110, "Weak Signal" seems to be persistent issue. FYI, it was working fine up until I did reset to factory defaults. Before, if a channel did not work, I would get a "Scrambled Channel" message.Your experience and expertise in resolving this matter would be highly appreciated.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 21025
At least post your LNB and switch setup. What are your settings for each i.e. 118 and 110. Most like the problem is in the switch settings, or LNB type

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 46
Thanks Nydas for your response. I found out the root cause of the issue.
c/p

" The problem is just this. Your LNB for 119/118 should be set as Normal but Frequency should be 10750. That is the problem.
Frequency should be 10750 for 119 and 118 and the Diseqc Port should also be the same. If you have connected the cable from that LNB to Port 1 then here are the settings.

Satellite.................119..................... .........118
LNB Type.........Normal/Single.................Normal/Single
Frequency.............10750....................... ...10750
DiSeQcSW.............Port 1..........................Port 1
Freqency............The best giving the high Q............ "

FYI, I was using a different frequency (11250) instead of 10750 and different LNB type (Universal) instead of normal. That's why I was able to scan the channels but when I would try to go through the channel list, they would show up as "weak signal". I knew that there was nothing wrong with my cable or the brand new switch (waterproof), as the TPs had good signal strength and excellent quality. Initially, I thought it might have been the new bin perhaps missing some TPs. Anyways, I am glad that issue is resolved.

Bronze Member
Username: Yassou

Post Number: 11
Thanks funkymo..... your response may help
some one else.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21027
funkymo: With the genrally available 118/119 LNBs (not from DN), I found the following methods either A or B as valid.
In either of the methods you conect to one disEqc port usually Port 1.

A. LNB type standard or single Freq 10750 or 10600 for 118W separate full (not blind) scan. Brings in all the 118W neatly AND

LNB type standard or single Freq 11250 for 119W separate full (not blind) scan in another slate as a separate sat..Brings in all the 119W neatly

B. LNB type Universal Freq 10750 or 10600 for 118/119 combination Blind scan.
Method B brings in a lot of unexpected TPs, but does bring in all the 118 and 119 channels. The TPs for the 119W would be listed with a freq 500 (or 650) less than the actual TPs

Bronze Member
Username: Spicy_jones

Post Number: 32
Hey, Reporter
fuckymo said he has fix his problem
everything is now OK

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21028
Ko: Stop interfering in a subject you know nothing about.

I have given the detailed setups with different end results. This was becasue of Papi's statment just above mine, which said:
"your response may help some one else." Therefore I gave a full and complete response so that it "may help some one else."

You may learn from it, quote from it and borrow from it but don't ever try to run me down for posting a well tried and experimentally proven statement about FTA.
Do you understand , you no-good oft-suspended idiot of a skunk?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us