Pansat 2500a went blank after play with menu key (TV type)

Username: Clocert

Post Number: 1
Please help. I have had this Pansat receiver for several weeks, it works fine until Yesterday I play around wit the 'MENU'. I depress the '>' on the TVtype screen when the screen show NTSC. after that the screen went blank, at that time I still had the sound, after I tried to get the video screen back by hitting different keys, then I lost sound. Not sure what to do now, I turned the unit off and on, no use. Now I can not get the MENU screen back anymore, no sound either. I know the unit is still functioning, since I can change the channel OK.but no screen no sound.... please ehlp...

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 776
maybe its in pal mode
c/p

Switching the Pansat (2500A) Digital receiver from PAL mode to NTSC
Please execute the following quick steps to restore the TV type to NTSC and resume programming:

1) Turn the receiver's power OFF.

2) While the receiver is on "stand by" (OFF), press the "SAT" button once and then the "SIG" also once which can be found in the remote control.

3) Turn the receiver's power ON.

*** Following these three easy steps carefully will assure restoration of the TV type to NTSC ***
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot, I was able to switch it back to NTSC by connecting the unit to an old TV set channel 3. on there I can see the menu screen (it jumps around a lot, I can barely see the menu) and switch it back to NTSC from PAL. But now, all I get is 'no signals' on all channels. Is it possible that I played around with the remote blindly and push the wrong key and that kill the signals ?? or is this a coincident that may be the wire , dish, or LNB is bad Today ?? (I checked IF input wire again and again, it looks OK and is connected to the right terminal).

Silver Member
Username: Gastrognome

Post Number: 137
I would check your antenna settings, maybe you changed the lnb type or added diseqc switch or something like that when you was pressing the buttons

Post Number: 3
Thanks. I checked the antenna setting(for satellite G-3C/KU), it looks OK to me. I have LNB type (Standard), LNB LocalFreg(10750), 22Khz(OFF), DisEqc(OFF),Skew(45), TP(1-11780 H 20.760),Positional Setting (Disable), Satellirte Scan (ALL), The above settings looks like the original setting. I also have Level(33%), Quality(0%) on the same screen. For some reason, it does not allow me change the above settings, the (<)>) change botton does not work. I also have a satellite signal finder (a small black box with meter) I connect that meter, it shows zero, no beep sound at all. Is this means the wire or outside dish/LNB has problem ?

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20980
You should get a signal on that TP. Either the LNB is dead or something is wrong with the connections. The satellite finder should find signals from that sat (95W) clear and loud.

Post Number: 4
Thanks. I'll check outside dish /LNB and wire connections tomorrow. (Can not believe the timing) I will post back here tomorrow.

Post Number: 5
Found broken wire. The wire is about 15 years old. I will put a new one in. Thanks everyone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us