Direct tv receiver not responding

Username: Foundryheating

Post Number: 4
was left unpluged for 6 months. now i get channel guide only, no channels. system test shows signal at 92% card o.k and receiver o.k. does receiver need to be updated. we have 4 ppl on this account and all work but 1. tried hooking up at account holders place and still not working. can't contact dtv as system is in canada. Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Hangon

Post Number: 91
You will need to call DirectTv and have the card reactivated.
Mine does the same thing after a couple of weeks un-plugged.

Post Number: 10
O.K thanks for all the info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
how will that work ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I guess the worst that could happen it eats my card. will give it a try as i am out of options. thanks for the suggestion.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16431
NO...NOT at the bank..lol..bank has no way to update your card....I think "vets" was just pulling your chain...lol

U MUST call DTV and have the card updated..there is NO other way...they will want the card # and receiver serial #....have yer bud in Canada on a seperate cell phone while U talk to DTV, to ensure the Canadian receiver gets all the updates while yer on the phone..takes less than 1 minute...

in future, leave receiver and card always on to receive updates from DTV...if ya shut off receiver , the card cannot receive updates and eventually goes "call x722", cause all the tiers have expired ..and weren't updated..

Username: Yassou

Post Number: 9
Subject: Direct tv receiver not responding

comfortguyNew member

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:35 pm:
was left unpluged for 6 months. now i get channel guide only, no channels. system test shows signal at 92% card o.k and receiver o.k. does receiver need to be updated. we have 4 ppl on this account and all work but 1. tried hooking up at account holders place and still not working. can't contact dtv as system is in canada. Any help would be appreciated.

comfortguy.........you need to ask the account holder how
many receivers is Directv charging him per month.

And haven't used one for the past 6 months and would like to have
the receiver reactivate.

easy as America baseball, hotdog and apple pie.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
You gotta love the new guy.
we have never got a bill or anything from them. it comes off visa card every month and all it says is direct tv with 800 #.if you guy's and girls ever need advise on furnaces or air conditioners, i will be glad to give you some straight up advise.
Thanks}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Will they ask for address and phone # ?? have card and serial # only.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 623
Credit card billing address be better in US and not in Canada.
Use that US address, if billing address is in Canada you need a friends US address

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16435
I already gave ya the correct answer in another thread....

DTV will update the card, if the subscription is paid in full, and they can confirm they are talking to the account owner....thats when they ask a series of various security questions (soc sec #, address, mothers maiden name, etc, are all possible questions they will ask)...they don't care what phone ya call from...Many Canadians have 2nd homes in the USA , which have DTV....DTV has no clue where your reciever actually is, they belive it is at the USA address given to them by the account owner....so ya need to have the Canadian down receiver/card owner on a cell phone to verify any update actually works (cause this may take several attempts within 1-2 minutes) with U when U (presuming U own the account) call DTV and they do their updates..

The card is NOT actually dead, just the tiers (channels) have not been updated to your card..and ONLY DTV can do that update..and will need that specific card # and receiver RID #....it will NOT update itself in ANY receiver after being left out of the receiver or if receiver was powered off for a long period of time....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thanks for all your help everyone. Will post result later.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20940
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1947314#POST1947314

Username: Moutsouna

Post Number: 7
comfortguy
forget the rest LK is trhe best.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20951
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1947314#POST1947314