VIP211k HD with dishpro 110,119,118 and dp34

Bronze Member
Username: Ehsankhan777

Post Number: 81
Hello,

I need help in getting this receiver to work with my current dishpro plus dish and dp34 switch. Currently i am only able to pickup 110 signal and nothing else with the new receiver vip211k. Thanks for the help

Bronze Member
Username: Alladdin1

Post Number: 41
I dont know if this means anything but here it says it only supports one receiver
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Receivers/Dish-ViP211-HDTV-Satell ite-receiver.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
That didn't help. Let me ask another question can take a connection from dp34 to dp44 and then to my receivers because i think this receiver or the new receivers require dp44 switch

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20854
First of all DP34 stands for DishPro 3LNBs in and 4 receivers out. It works fine with DishPro LNBs and DishPro receiver, but not so well with non-DishPro LNBs and receivers.

For any help you want to receive, you should specify, how the wiring is and also the settings you are using for each sat, i.e. your receiver settings for 110, 119, and 118. Also please note that you do not need both 119 and 118 LNBs to get the signals of the two. A 118 LNB will usually give you 119 channels but the other way round is NOT true.

You generally do not take an output of DP34 to a DP44, unless you want to cascade to attach 6 receivers. So your question about DP34 to DP44 is not particularly relevant. In general, if you do not have one Dish receiver connected at the output, you are going to have troubles with the system.

In conclusion, connections and setup might be possible with your correct equipment but you will better off using a DP44 INSTEAD OF and NOT IN ADDITION TO the DP34.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
1. I have a coax cable from port 3on dp34 coming into my vip211k HD receiver. It will only pickup 110 nothing else even if I run check switch. What I am trying to findout is how to disable the internal switch on the receiver so it will use dp34 switch and pickup all LNBs.It will not automatically disable the internal switch for some reason.

2. If I switch out dp34 with dp44 will other lgeacy receivers work with dishpro plus dish.

Thanks for the help

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20856
1. What is the make of your LNBs?
1a. 110 lnb
1b. 118 LNB
1c. 119 LNB
2. Has each LNB worked for getting the satellite it is supposed to get?
3. Exact wiring Connection from LNB to the DP34?
4. Setting inside your receiver for 110W?
5. Setting inside your receiver for 119W?
6. Setting inside your receiver for 118W?
7. Are you getting from DN, or Public or Private IKS?
8. Your general location (STate where you live - DO NOT POST ANY MORE DETAILS)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us