Congrats all indian fans ...for winning the Cricket World Cup 2011

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7944
yep ...definately a thread required to congrats all cricket fans on ecoustics....
superb from INDIA in all aspects....batting , bowling ..... ...
they deserved to be Champions...

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 367
Thank you SADA

It was best game of the WORLD CUP

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 602
Thanks Sada, only 2 times out of 9 side chasing had won it, now makes it 3 out of 10, see my post in other thread
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1945593#POST1945593

That kind of cheating is not cricket.

It is all the more sweet that India overcame that and still won it, they played with their hearts out for Sachin. I am glad they did their part won it for him - instead of letting him down when he was not able to do it.

I was 28 years younger in 1983, TV had just come to my town in India, black and white TV - was very expensive, few homes had it then. I was watching it in a nearby college, 28 inch TV in a hall with 300 people!!!. Many left after India were all out for 183 and it was 60 overs not 50 overs at that time, many people had left the hall - did not want to see India loose, however they heard it in the radio and came back, West Indies were all out for 140, what a match it was.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7946
yep that's why they are champs...
brilliant captaincy by dhoni lead the team to victory ..
he kept his cool...during the final....
played brilliantly and won the final....

Silver Member

Post Number: 369

DHONI'S MAGNIFICENT SIX SHOT TO FINISH THE 2011 ICC WORLD CUP

His confidence to hit six and set himself before he hit SIX setting his helmet and taking a look at the score board and a smile to see ball flying over the boundry to SIX runs to get WC victory was simply SUPERB and will be remembered by all cricket lovers

BIG THUMBS UP should also go to Guru Gary who helped team India to pick the world cup

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20852
If anybody is interested, you can see the

full game in 12 parts at this URL

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
Thank you Nalin for the URL link

Always wanted to watch it again and again the great game CLASH OF THE TITANS

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Post Number: 696
Good its over.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7948
yep for one week..lol
then there is Ipl series to discuss
bangladesh vs aus
and pak vs west indies series comming up
so

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20855
Both the semi finals India v. Pakistan and the finals India v. Sri Lanka were this century's special matches, and not likely to be bettered. I am glad sada gave me a ticket to go to aamchi Mumbai and also glad for the ticket to the finals match from G2 (or vise versa). When I write my next letter to God, I will mention their names as good souls, deserving of reservation of the best place in heaven, where they can both watch comfortably and without fighting all the cricket matches on Earth in the year 2111.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
Nalin fighting is the spirit to be kept alive to WIN the matches unless the fight goes personal when someone criticize Fans,Media, or Country which simply deflects the attention of Fans from the game as it happened here and insisted me to oppose critising same way ,

I like all the games and until provoked never post or simply enjoy the thread when discussion is purely regarding game

You don't need to travel to places and get ticket when you can enjoy the game from the link you posted right on your couch

Gold Member

Post Number: 7950
thx u Nydas.... for kInd words...

G2....agree lol....no fighting no tension then no maza ..hahaha
i mean tension is good ...its lets u keep interested...

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
Now you are following Afridi - LOL

Hathi ke daant deekhane ke aur aur khane ke aur

Maybe I will ask Aamir Sohail to intervene and warn you LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 7951
in other news..
Mohali Update: Misbah still Not Out on 99.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7957
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/04/cricket_passion.html?fb_ref=homepage

some amazing pictures were taken during the wc enjoy

Username: Yassou

Post Number: 6
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20861
sada: I am sure the urdu and hindi translation of "sinner" is the same. We have to be watchful of "sinner'

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
Upload KAL

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
AUR AAJ
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20868
This is mind blowing tabla performance by a budding talent.
Was it in honour of the win by the Indian team? Enjoy!

http://globalmarathi.com/20110212/4747503331079056059.htm

Username: Spicy_jones

Post Number: 10
This forum is for help on FTA Satellite TV.
with the Admin. kind permission he let you
Desi people do your thing, that is more that I can say
for America Football.

Now please, the game is over there no need too keep
beating on a dead horse

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 2104
Agree with KO. A thread for MLB or the NFL would be deleted in a matter of hours. Whats going on here?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20903
Welcome back from Hawai. How is the weather there. The weather here has been great for cricket, with sada leading the Pakistan team and G2 leading the Indians.
We celebrated the Indian victory with about 1.2 billion people - a bit more than the entire population of north America (including Hawai, of course). Now that you know the watching statistics on top of the uniqueness once in 4 years, you would understand (hopefully) and not delete the thread...... please...!.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7965

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16444
Haji's run this site, like every convenience store and motel in America....I recently stopped in Washington DC at a miltary installation, and couldn't believe how Haji's also run DC...didn't see many white Americans, just haji's working for the US government at every turn....how sad it is for Americans..these cockroaches infest America and then piss and moan, if an American gets in their way...and are so condescending towards Americans...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20984
LK: You do not know what/who a Haji is. Only an American would be working "at a military installation," If they were condescending to you was because you were being ignorant.
The only "cockroaches who infest America" who "piss and moan" are people like you who were dishonorably discharged from the army and then went and had surgery to have your pissing appliance removed in San Fancisco. A lot of Americans would talk condescendingly to he/she like you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16447
U are so ignorant nyduh...the Gov hires sub contractors, who in turn hires Haji's...they're NOT Americans, you fool!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7985
LK
Platinum Member

Post Number: 16444

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 09:15 am:
Haji's run this site, like every convenience store and motel in America....I recently stopped in Washington DC at a miltary installation, and couldn't believe how Haji's also run DC...didn't see many white Americans, just haji's working for the US government at every turn....how sad it is for Americans..these cockroaches infest America and then piss and moan, if an American gets in their way...and are so condescending towards Americans...

CLEARLY THIS SHOWS HOW RACIST LK IS

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
what/who is haji ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7987
G2 .. Lk refers to all imigrants as haji
he is just stupid typical american ignorant person

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20999
LK: You do not know what/who a Haji is. Only an American would be working "at a military installation," If they were condescending to you was because you were being ignorant.
The only "cockroaches who infest America" who "piss and moan" are people like you who were dishonorably discharged from the army and then went and had surgery to have your pissing appliance removed in San Fancisco. A lot of Americans would talk condescendingly to he/she like you.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24614
Not stirring the pot here but I feel I HAVE to interject.

I ask myself when I wander inside an "Indian run" convenience store in my area what I think I will be jacked up on price. I'm not talking about a 10% increase or even 20%. Most products are well over 100% what you would see at supermarkets. Sure you deserve a profit for your labor but 100% or more?? Not to sound racists at all but why charge a 100% markup? Bread at $3.90 a loaf? Milk at $5/gallon?

I know why. Because enough of us Americans are dumb enough to pay for it in a pinch. We have become creatures of convenience and the Proof is in the products on the shelves. Take a look on some of the products that aren't daily sellers like batteries and aspirin. You'll see dust on them.

I bought a pack of of DD batteries one day from said convenience store that were dead from purchase. Trying to return them resulted in a fight with the store owner. Turns out the expiration date was past due. The store owner denied any responsibility and refused the return. Typical.

So I contact the battery manufacturer. I tell them my story and give them all the details, including store location, date on package, ect.

They of course issue an immediate apology and include a manufacture coupon for an exact replacement of what I lost.

So I take it back to the store I bought the junk from and they say:

"No no no. We no honor such coupon."

To me if you don't honor or back the products you sell you should't be selling them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7994
Paul Laurra i disagree..
here in Canada ..give u an example small stores like 7 eleven have priced jacked up and they are own by white people ....
when u see a brown person working in a store that doesn't really means he owns that store

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21001
I managed a relative's convenience store in England several years ago for three weeks, while he was on holiday. I suggest to the critics here to try and run a convenience store.
You open the store at 7.00 (I refused to open it at 6.30) for the early customers who wan to buy newspapers and cigarettes on way to work. You close at 10 at night. In between, the wife takes over while you go to the wholesaler to stock up. And you do that for 7 days a week.
Sometimes YOBs show up and try to tease the customers or throw pebbles at your windows. You try to shoo them away and their rivals appear and the YOBs start fighting right outside your store till the police arrive. It was good training to learn how to deal with Ecosutics YOBs like Greg Raf and others of the fun bunch. Supplemented the training and experience I had to deal with the young offenders in prisons here.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 629
Paul for your information, many supermarkets are open 24 hours in Canada and many more open till midnight, very few close at 9/10 pm.

Canada's leading drug store Shoppers Drug mart - like US Walgreens, have demolished small stores and opening up large stores where they sell grocery including dairy products, most of their stores are either 24 hours or open till midnight.

In Ontario thanks to the politics of farmers controlled milk board, 4 litres of milk which is just 5% more than a gallon of milk costs in all supermarkets and walmart as well around $4.50, just went up from $4.10. Canadian dollar is higher than US dollar now, so the price is really around US$4.75 for 1.05 gallon of milk.

Now who is keeping their milk prices still at $4.10 for 4 litres? It is Shoppers Drug Mart or some convenience stores.

There is practically no mom and pop convenience stores, they are franchises, they also can squeeze their buying price from suppliers. They invariably hire these immigrant workers and exploit them as well.

My wife was a social worker and has helped new immigrant community. I know for sure most of those who work in the convenience stores are employees and not franchise owners.

In addition just try to own a MacDonald or Burger King franchise, who makes the big money, those who own the chain. I explored franchise ownership a few years back and concluded it was not worth it.

Unfortunately there is more ignorance in the U.S. How else people elect a Republican congress, which has a Paul Ryan the rich dairy boy who wants to reduce taxes for billionaires thereby reducing the revenue. But hit the middle class and the poor. Even if the entire 1% vote in their self interest - which is not true Warren Buffet or film world people wont oppose paying their fair share of taxes, there should definitely be 50% dumb people who vote those Republicans.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Read today's news and everyday's news you will know how one feels when working in corner store
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/19/12-year-old-girl-holds-michigan-grocery-sto re/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us