Multiswitch 5/4 E.140-A

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Post Number: 531
I have 2 satellites and 3 receivers. How to wire EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A multi switch ? It says high band on LNB 1 and 2 and low band on LNB 3 and 4. I have 110W and 118W setup..Does it also need external power ?

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20748
External power is recommended. Try first without.
The only thing I could find was this diagram. It does not tell us much.
Will let you know if i find more.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 56
anil!!!! Stay away from Nydas recommendations. A person who is well versed in this subject will be with you soon. His name is LK.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20749
Anil: It works with a quad LNB. I don't think you will be able to use with 110 and 118. The middle input is for the antenna.
Some else in the forum might help. I think it is used more in Europe than in North America.

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Post Number: 532
Thanks Nalin. I will try it any ways and experiment.

Bronze Member
Username: Alladdin1

Post Number: 15

works fine for those sats

The E.140-A 5in/4out distribution system with passive terrestrial input and with 4 SAT inputs. The switching is done by 13/18V and 0/22 KHz. It is equipped with a socket for optional connection of an external +18V DC power supply. This type is not compatible with quad LNBs

•You must have DUAL PORT (exit) LNBFs to make this work. You will take 2 cables from each LNBF. (1 cable for Horizontal, and 1 for Vertical - 13V, 18V)

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 193
Frobi.... for 110 & 118 and 3 receiver setup
you will need this Multi switch

Upload

The satellite receiver will 'tell' the multiswitch which type of signal it needs for the channel you want to watch and it will pass the appropriate signal to the receiver.
}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thats not correct
This Zinwell 2x4 Multiswitch MS2x4R0-03 allows you to combine signal from one satellite, using a dual LNBF and distribute the signal to up to 4 satellite receivers.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20752
Anil: I only researched the Multiswitch 5/4 E.140-A for you. It is nor suitable for 110 and 118.
You can try the two inputs at the high end but you will only get some channels.
Buy a DP44 or a clone DP44 switch. Do NOT buy a DP34, although it will work, but will give you power related problems.

DP44 WILL work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
a dp44 or dp34 is for dishpro lnbs
That emp switch works fine for 110 and 118 as long as they are singles and have dual ports

Bronze Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 58
Thank you saywhat

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20754

DP44 WILL work

Not saywhat or somewhat,
not maybe if you are drunk with whiskey,

but definitely, indefinitely and infinitely.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
yes the dp44 will work by itself but not with that switch I thought the OP needed help getting his set-up working with the equipment he had not buying other equipment??

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20756
The question from anil was
"I have 2 satellites and 3 receivers. How to wire EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A multi switch ? It says high band on LNB 1 and 2 and low band on LNB 3 and 4. I have 110W and 118W setup..Does it also need external power ?"

I have already stated very clearly that the EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A multi switch <b.will>
Because you all were trying to make him buy something that may or may not work, I have stated very clearly that

DP44 will work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
where did I try to get him to buy something else? You also stated
quote {Anil: It works with a quad LNB. I don't think you will be able to use with 110 and 118. The middle input is for the antenna.
Some else in the forum might help. I think it is used more in Europe than in North America} unquote
That emp switch does not work with a quad lnb ,and it works fine for all single lnbs with dual ports for 110 and 118

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20758
Anil: What saywhat is saying is:
If you try the two outputs of one LNB to the LNB 1 and LNB 2 of your EMP, that one sat might work OK. But you won't be able to use both sats together. I have never used the circular LNBs that way, but I suppose, there is a possibility.
In any case it is a poor solution if you can call it a solution.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thats not what I am saying!!!The switch is designed for two lnbs to feed 4 rcvrs
Read here
http://worldwidesatellites.com/5x4-multiswitch-wantenna-satellite-in-output-p-18 4.html
call them if you dont believeme

Post on satfix in the switch forum what you just said...lol

Bronze Member

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 61
nydas does NOT know what she is saying!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
no effing kidding!!!!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20827
saywhat:
"It says high band on LNB 1 and 2 and low band on LNB 3 and 4.
I have 110W and 118W setup.." .....from the questioner

"You must have DUAL PORT (exit) LNBFs to make this work. You will take 2 cables from each LNBF. (1 cable for Horizontal, and 1 for Vertical - 13V, 18V)..... from worldwide satellite.

Can you configure your connection diagram for the 110W and 118W and post it here?

To understand LNBF and frequency ranges read here
What is the difference between a Standard Ku band LNBF, Normal Ku band LNBF, and Universal Ku band LNBF?

There are 3 main types of LNBF's. The first is Standard. Standard & Normal LNB and LNBF's are the same. They are FSS linear and the frequency range is from 11.7GHz to 12.2GHz. The second type of LNB/F is Universal. The frequency range for a universal LNBF is 10.7GHz to 12.75GHz. This is more popular in Europe and the Middle East because their satellite broadcast within the 10.70GHz to 12.75GHz. The third and the most popular in the United States for DISH Network & DirecTV is DSS. DSS LNBF's are always circular. The frequency range is 12.2GHz to 12.7GHz.

What is the difference between a Linear and Circular LNB?

This has to do with the way the signal is transmitted from the satellite in the sky. There are two different ways that a satellite can broadcast its signal. If linear, it broadcasts Horizontal and Vertical. If circular, it broadcasts Right Circular and Left Circular. To understand this better, imagine the signal coming in like a screw that's turning left or right.

The two LNBs in question are circular LNBs and cannot be inputs to the special 5/4 switch described. Note above that you worldwide satellite talks about Horizontal and vertical and the circular LNBs have right and Left signals.

So I would really like to know and learn and would appreciate a diagram from you. If I was wrong I will certainly correct myself

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
well I use a 9x4 by emp and I pull in 91 110 ,119 and 129
Go figure

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20829
You are doing a lot of bragging. You do not have a 9/4 and would not not how to wire it. The 5/4 is NOT designed for getting two circular LNBFs. Stop dreaming.
LEARN FROM WHAT I HAVE SAID, and stop hounding me schoolboy, White Hawk

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20830
You are doing a lot of bragging. You do not have a 9/4 and would not not how to wire it. The Multiswitch 5/4 E.140-A is NOT designed for getting two circular LNBFs. Stop dreaming.
LEARN FROM WHAT I HAVE SAID, and stop hounding me schoolboy, White Hawk

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 585
saywhat and all:

The manufacturer says EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A is compatible with Quattro LNB and not quad LNB. One needs to understand the difference between the way Quattro and Quad LNB works here is how it is:
Quattro LNB's have dedicated outputs each handling only certain inputs as follows:
1 for vertical low band
1 for horizontal low band
1 for vertical high band
1 horizontal high band
Quad LNB's have 4 outputs each of which can be set to any band by 0/22khz tone and 13v/19v switching.

Hence nydas was right when he mentioned that if you connect from an ordinary or even quad LNB, you will get only some channels - which depends on the port to which you connect.

It does not matter what input you connect the 4 individual ports will handle only those individual bands.

Coming to the question that was posed EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A, can handle only one satellite, the only other way it can possibly work is having two EMP-centauri 5/4 E.140-A - one each for 110 and 118 and having a DisEqc or 22khz for each receiver. I am not sure if it is feasible. There should be more cost effective solutions.

Username: Spicy_jones

Post Number: 2
Nalin you said that you have spend 40 years in prison
as a counselor........OMG what have those prisoners
done to you?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16093
Nalin is right again!

DP-44 is the best choice!

Do not listen those focking newbies loser banned and back under false nicks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
Low at 9.75 GHz can handle 10.7 GHz to 11.8 GHz
High at 10.6 GHz can handle11.6 GHz to 12.75 GHz

It may be possible to get internationals at 118W as well which starts at 11715, by using only high band inputs with 9X4 for two satellite's using EMP-Centauri MS9/ 4PIU-5 V10.

However it supports supports QuadLNB in addition to Quattro not sure if it works with Dual LNB

Post Number: 3
anil.... in order to put this thread to bed and give these
experts a break.....do as you said, connect 110 & 118
to the 2 High ports

Post Number: 4
anil....Does it also need external power ? NO

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
anil don't listen to KO.

You will get only vertical transponder channels from one satellite and only horizontal transponder channels from the other satellite. You will not get the rest of the channels.

KO is a new member - probably banned with another username, who is here to create trouble not to help.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20833
Thanks, Subash, for clarifying my no-so-well-said statements.

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
you are welcome nydas. It is always almost impossible to convince he/she who think they know all.

Post Number: 5
Subash,
what gives you the right to bad mouth me?

Have I said anything bad about you?

You Sir know nothing about me or this Hobby.

Your kind are the real trouble makers
you have been here going on 5 years show your posts
where you know anything about this hobby.

You tell anil not to listen to me. No he don't need to, was only a suggestion.

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 11:10 am:
anil don't listen to KO.

You will get only vertical transponder channels from one satellite and only horizontal transponder channels from the other satellite. You will not get the rest of the channels.

How do you know that? have you tried it.

You say that another username, maybe so
but who are you? Plymouth,THE FTA TESTER or Nalin

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20835
Plymouth and Subash: Thanks for Clarifying.

KO:
We had a discussion about a C/P of demi-God LK, which he took from Worldwide satellites.

Even this demi-God LK says clearly:

"Hmmm, a little harder to read this right? Well, that's what happens to your receiver when you try to use a linear polarized LNB to receive a circular polarized satellite signal and vis-a-versa. About a 50% loss of signal! "

I guess I don't think you, KO, have anything to teach me or Subash and Plymouth. We all have clarifythe the issues. My own reading has told me very clearly that the EMP 5/4 is intended for linear Satelites with right/Left polarization. I have been trying to tell everybody this, but perhaps some built in hatred of me stops you from understanding the simple fact.

The EMP 5/4 is intended for sale in UK and Europe, and works on Linear transmitting satellites. It will work on other linear transmitting satellites (also known as FTA) in North America, but NOT on circular polarization transmission as from 110W, 119W and 118W. On the Circular polarized transmissions it will give a 50% loss and the 5/4 EMP is unsuitable for use on two circular polarized transmissions, but may work to some extent on one such transmission if the two outputs are used, but two of these LNBFs CANNOT BE USED simultaneously used one ONE 5/4 EMP, but may be used with TWO 5/4 EMPs.
Therefore, the user in North America is well advised to spend on ONE DP44 or similar.

Here is King's response in similar matters

Q. E. D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 589
KO

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 12:00 pm:
Subash,
what gives you the right to bad mouth me?

Have I said anything bad about you?

You Sir know nothing about me or this Hobby.

Your kind are the real trouble makers
you have been here going on 5 years show your posts
where you know anything about this hobby.

You tell anil not to listen to me. No he don't need to, was only a suggestion.

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2011 - 11:10 am:
anil don't listen to KO.

How do you know that? have you tried it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -
I know better than to waste my time trying a thing that does not work as per manufacturer specification. I have posted what a quattro LNB is. I am sure you still do not understand.
http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=6&id_pkateg=31&id=87
also
"External power supply PA18 is recommended if receivers fail to supply multiswitch & LNB"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

You say that another username, maybe so
but who are you? Plymouth,THE FTA TESTER or Nalin

No one in their right minds think so

Bronze Member
Username: Mahashweta

Post Number: 35
Subash
here is some info. from the manufacturer spec.sheet
to some of us it's all Greek, please explain

Type Inputs Outputs Description
MS5/ 4PIU-4 (P.142-UP) 5 4 Multiswitch with integrated power supply, 0 to 15 dB attenuators, Quad LNB compatible, switchable active/passive terr. input

Profi Class includes:
1 satellite multiswitches
2 satellites multiswitches
3 satellites multiswitches
4 satellites multiswitches
Cascadable multiswitches
Unicable multiswitches
Splitters & Taps
5 to 8 satellites reception system
2 to 4 LNBs DiSEqC switches
5 to 16 LNBs DiSEqC switches
Amplifiers
Combiners
Power supplies and inserters
Control and monitoring tools

Table of output levels MS5/4PIU-4
levels in POINT 1 dBuV levels in POINT 2 dBuV
LNB1 .. 950 MHz 74 LNB1 .. 950 MHz 74
LNB1 .. 1200 MHz 74 LNB1 .. 1200 MHz 72
LNB1 .. 1800 MHz 74 LNB1 .. 1800 MHz 72
LNB1 .. 2150 MHz 74 LNB1 .. 2150 MHz 68

Quatro Universal 4
1. LB (V) 9750 MHz 950-1950 MHz
2. LB (H) 9750 MHz 950-1950 MHz
3. HB (V) 10600 MHz 1100-2150 MHz
4. HB (H) 10600 MHz 1100-2150 MHz

"Quatro Universal" must be used to distribute both low and high band channels.
All EMP-Centauri switches are usable for distribution of both analog and digital signals. If not stated otherwise all switches are produced for indoor use.For satellite reception of other than the Ku band an LNB for another band can be used, but output intermediate frequency signals must be in a frequency range of 950-2300 MHz.
}}
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us