Sonicview8000hd and Akai Japan Public Server Great!

Bronze Member
Username: Gull123456

Post Number: 73
somone helpe me what i have to do ?
i have sonicview8000hd how i can get Akai Japan Public Server
please.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 551
If you want to spend your money wisely get a newlink and subscribe to NFPS. It will cost you same money and get better selection of channels. You know who to contact to get NFPS

Silver Member
Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 239
Don't waist your money on a newlink or ihub. Those groups have dropped support.

The SV Lan is what you need. It is the same price and comes with great support from the Akai Japan Group. Dont have to worry about CCE or other problems. Can also use it with private server.

You will need to buy a SV Lan if you dont already have a dongle. It is around $59 to $69. If you already have one of the older ones you could get a sv lan upgrade for $39 or convert it to sv lan for free and use it on private.

Just do a search on google, coolsatellite or ebay for SV Lan.

thx and enjoy

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20690
SVLAN and the way it is being promoted smells of scam.

FTA BADASS
Silver Member

This person joined in 2006 and suddenly reappeared two days ago with 99 posts - C/Ps from another site.
With SVLAN you are buying nothing new. It is a slightly modified i-hub or Newlink with slight change in software. Akai Japan Group is just a big sounding name.
With you current Newlink you can subscribe to NFPS for $35 for a year - they have been around long enough and have shown themselves to be reliable.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 553
muhammad imran read this post:
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1942481#POST1942481

NFPS supports number of HD channels and you can get it at $35 per year contact Sada by sending a private message here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&prof ile=saqeeb9000-users

in the above link click on Click Here to send a private message

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20695
muhammad imran read this post: Stop fumbling arround and send a PM to sada..
Can't you see help when it comes to you? How much more spoon feeding do we have to do to you?

NFPS supports number of HD channels and you can get it at $35 per year contact Sada by sending a private message here:

Click Here to send a private message to sada

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Muhammad,
You will need a dongle to connect to private server. I don't understand why they are trying to get you to buy a private server without a dongle. The sonicview 8000 doesn't have a ethernet port on the back. If you buy a SV Lan dongle you can get the Akai Japan Server & still buy their private server from sada. You will then have a Premium Public Akai Japan Server & the NFPS to back each other up. If you get a newlink or ihub they come with no support. Akai Japan has made it very easy to use private servers and will only complement the private server sellers.

nydas,
Few days ago you said they sonicview had something called a newlink and your not sure if it works with private server.

I'm really interested in where you got your research.

Did you get info from real users or just anywhere?

Sonicview home forums:
http://www.ftaforall.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=428
http://fta.myfreeneeds.co
m/forums/f810/#axzz1GdD00xcr

I seen you mention abadss.com also I just went there and noticed the people who are using it are very happy so where is the scam?

http://www.abadss.com/forum/1134-sv-lan-help/

If it was a scam do you think the abadss.com site you were refering people to would add a SV lan Help section? Scams are usually posted in their rumors and scam sections.

I'm not sure why you are saying these things about me as I have done nothing to you.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20700
Click here to send a private message to sada regarding your receiver

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
C/P from Mr Sonicview (From 2 months ago)

Everyone who has tried the SV lan - Akai Japan Groups support has been very pleased. They have helped every sonicview, ihub or newlink user more then you know.

How can you trust someone you have never met? You have met the Ihub and the Newlink Groups and it was very clear you couldn't trust those 2 iks groups.

However the Akai Japan Group has been nothing but great. It doesn't matter if you bought their SV Lan or not they have helped all prior newlink or ihub users in more ways then one.

They have maid it so that you can convert all of your old ihub/newlinks to SV lan for free to use for private without any worry of CCE. You do not have to buy to use the Akai Japan Groups support on Private. They have been improving that every day for all sonicview users. If you want to get premium public support from the Akai Japan Group is the only time you would have to pay $39 for a upgrade or purchase the SV Lan serial.

I can't belive anyone would still buy a Newlink when SV Lan is the same price and offering support where the other IKS group just left everyone with nothing. Remember the ihubs and newlinks are sold by the people who abandoned your support. The fact that they are still selling shows you their are more IKS groups. I just seen someone say they bought 2 and they would never trust sv lan . How ironic that you would rather help the group that cheated you over the one trying to help you. To think you got over on them to top it off wow...

Akai Japan users have had nothing but thanks from the people who have tried their support. For those who haven't tried it they are still doing their best to support you in other ways.

Akai Japan has released the new SV 4000 SV Lan bin. Bring your 4000's out of the closet and stop spening more money on new units. Doesn't matter if you order a upgrade for full public support or just want to use private. Akai Japan is trying to bring you the best support so that you can save money. For those who do not see it you soon will.

(SV Lan Serial number is only required if you want to use their premium support on a public server for $39 with a 2 year support gurantee)

Easy upgrade from 2.3 or any newlink or ihub software to SV Lan for free! No more worring about wiznet hassels or Channel Change Errors (CCE).

Here are the steps:

Upgrade iHub & Newlink to SV lan VERY EASY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This works with the newest bin files only.
1. Premier_svlan_19.rom
2. SV360Elite_svlan_es13.rom
3. SV8000HD_svlan_HD11.bin
4. SV4000_svlan_5.bin

Upgrade Newlink/ihub to SV Lan Easy!

Steps:
A. Download newest bin file to receiver with usb thumb drive then power off receiver.

B. Hook up your ihub/newlink to the receiver and power the receiver back on. If you have a newer ihub/newlink file it will automatically start updating your hub to a SV Lan.

C. If it does not update that means that you have a older hub file and will be able to load the v43 file with wiznet. It will then be updated by the receiver to SV lan v4.8.

Many thanks goes out to the Akai Japan Group for all their hard work and support. keep up the great work!

Akai Japan, If you are reading this thread just ignore the negative feedback they are just upset with the ihub/newlink reject Groups and with good reason. They see what fine work you have put in regardless of their frustrated negative oppinions.

Remember Akai Japan your real users are saying that you are great!!!! Dont let some of the negative feedback discurage all the great you have done. Some people don't know when they are shooting themselves and others in the foot.

We would like to see more channels added now that you have spent so much time improving the hardware. HD, Bev, Sports & Latinos have the most demand in that order.

Thx Mr Sonicview
------------------------------------------------

I guess Mr Sonicview disagrees with that statement.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20705
FTA BADASS: If you want to promote Sonicview or SV Lan try the advertising at Ecoustics.
Please keep your forum posts to the point ans reasonable size.
SV LAN is a new toy and likely to be proven a toy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
50 more Latino channels added and Viet HD international channel as of march 17th.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
I here they will be a new bin file released tonight which will allow you to use multiple private servers and have Lan updates directly from STB. No more having to download them from a forum.

I'll report back when I see it.

Username: Ictv

Post Number: 2
I got mine from coolsatellite.
The last Fight was in HD and Regular
Count me as a happy Akai Japan user

Username: Skipper9

Post Number: 4
Went with the SVLan and Akai Japan after doing a lot of reading.
8000 and even old 4000 works
Lower cost
None of the downtime or freezing
Really happy with channels and qaulity
I would purchase again

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 343
I am also very happy with Galaxy 19 tha Mr. Nydas recommended.
I think it is totally legal, isn't it?

Username: Jalapeno

Post Number: 3
Tienes Akai SvLan Japon
Ultimos 2 peleas de UFC en HD
para el 8000 no iria con cualquier otra cosa
I got mine at coolsatellite

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20731
Ah! Asi que venir aqui para promover coolsatellite. Ahora que veo la imagen. Ecoustics ha adverising espacio disponible y se puede anunciar a un costo muy razonable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
muhammad imran,

Disregard here telling you not to fumble around and saying she is spoon feeding you. This is her normal disrespectful self.

Remember that Nydas is the one who was telling you totalfta was a reputable company and a pioneer even though they scammed you.

Everyone will do well to just ignore Nydas's negative advice & comments. She seems to have the recipe to make more enemies then friends. This recipe usually comes from bad information and a negative personality. I've been a member here since 2006 and have had not problems with anybody. After my first post this year she comes off attacking me talking trash about things she doesn't even understand. I have heard from many users saying that she try's to run out anyone with real knowledge. I have heard LK and many others stay away just because of her.

I feel sorry for the users here who were getting true feedback from experienced satellite testers like LK and many others before and now have someone like nydas who will c/p everything regardless of if she knows what it is or not. Lets just say second opinions are never bad and if nydas is your source you may want a 3rd opinion.

It is very very clear that she really doesn't know much about the Satellite market.
I have personally seen her give very bad advice over and over again. Do not be fooled by here 20,000 posts I can assure you that is mostly copy past to stuff she doesn't even really understand.

Nydas's Bad Advice:
1. Telling people totalfta is a reputable site & giving her personal advice telling others that she would not condemn them for a few reports of customers being cheated. Telling anyone to buy from this site is just wrong.
Why? Because they have been cheating customers for years. For starters the owner of that site is a con artist who stole the site from viewsat many years ago. The people who buy from them either get nothing or end up paying 2 or 3 times what a regular receiver cost for the exact same thing. Example: they will give you a iLink or sonicview with newlink and then give you private server access. They sell this to you for $300+ when you can have it all for under $150. Others get nothing and can't do anything about it. Not sure why she would be promoting or defending this type of company but everyone who took her advice got screwed over.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/660937.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/644494.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/656837.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/660591.html

2. Telling users to pay for nfps even without them having the proper hardware. Do not be directed to purchase anything unless you have the proper hardware first. nfps can do nothing for you without the proper hardware. Example: You ask how do I get my sonicview up and running again do I need a ihub or something? She responds for you to PM & pay her friend for NFPS. Remember you will still need a dongle with many brands out there.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/675001.html

I don't have time to go through all of her bad advice because there is to much of it. While looking through her posts I can tell that most of it is copy past any random thing in other peoples threads. Example: someone posts a thread titled getting started with FTA she copy past any random junk and pastes it in 10 different threads to get more posts. I have found so many of these types of threads it's crazy that they let her build up here post like that only to provide users with more useless information. Whatch how nydas's posts have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. This is called thread hijacking and is higly disrespectful on any forum. She would have been banned from any fta forum long ago. Ecoustics is a very useful site but you need to be sure you are getting that info from the correct people.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/660576.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/660589.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/675364.html
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/674907.html

3. Telling users to purchase outdated hardware with no support when you can buy the newest hardware for the same cost with premium support. This is like telling you to buy the first cellphone ever made for $50 instead of the iphone 4 for $50. I know this is not the price of the phones this is just a example if both items were $50 she would recommend the 1st cell phone ever made and say the iphone 4 is a scam. Do not be fooled by this type of nonsense.

Nydas and her many usernames are telling people she did the research and is referring them to buy a newlink (nosupport) over a SV Lan (Akai Japan Support).
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/674429.html

Lets compare them side by side and have the users do the math!

First off both products are sonicview dongles. One is supported other is not. If you want to use a private server you will need one of these for sure.

1. Newlink -$59 No support from a company you say goofed. This unit can only work with private with limited features. No guarantee.
Included channels: ZERO

2. SV Lan - $59 with Akai Japan Premium server. Works with Public & Private server with the click of a button with more features. Best of both Public & Private. 2 Year support Guarantee.

Sonicview SV Lan Akai Japan Premium Public Server:
Includes channels below & many more are added weekly.

None of these include Locals, so others may be up.

PPV Channels can be up at anytime and on any channel so please check, CH 103, 290, 526-559

Also check the SV Lan Section for announcements of which PPV Channels may be up on CH 455.

For 110W and 119W

105 USA Network East
106 TV Land
107 Comedy Central East
108 Lifetime East
109 Lifetime Movie Network
110 Food Network East
111 DIY Network USA
112 HGTV East
113 Fine Living Network USA
114 E!
115 The Style Network East
116 GSN
117 TV Guide Network
118 A&E East
119 Bio US
120 History
121 History International
122 Syfy
124 BET East
127 Oxygen TV East
129 Bravo East
130 AMC East
131 IFC US
132 TCM US
133 Fox Movie Channel
134 ShopNBC
135 BBC America
136 FX
137 QVC US
138 TNT (USA)
139 TBS East
140 ESPN US
141 ESPNU
142 ESPNews
143 ESPN Classic USA - Added on Feb 12, 2011
144 ESPN 2
149 Fox Soccer Channel
150 Speed US
151 Versus
152 CBS College Sports
154 NFL Network
155 NFL RedZone
156 FUEL
157 Ovation TV
159 Si TV
160 MTV US
161 MTV 2 East
162 VH1 US
163 VH1 Classic East
166 CMT East
167 Great American Country
168 Spike TV
169 TeenNick (18-06)
170 Nickelodeon East
171 Nickelodeon West
172 Disney Channel East
173 Disney Channel West
174 Disney XD
175 Boomerang US
176 Cartoon Network East
177 Cartoon Network West
178 Nicktoons
179 Discovery Kids USA
180 ABC Family
181 TeenNick
182 Discovery Channel USA
183 TLC East
184 Animal Planet USA
185 Hallmark Channel US
186 National Geographic Channel US
187 Hallmark Movie Channel
189 Discovery Health Channel East
190 NATGW
191 G4 TV
192 Investigation Discovery USA
193 The Science Channel
194 Planet Green
195 Military Channel USA
196 Current TV US
197 Documentary Channel
198 Sleuth Channel
199 Chiller
200 CNN USA East
202 HLN East
203 Bloomberg TV US
204 Tru TV
205 Fox News Channel
206 Fox Business Network
207 CNBC World
208 CNBC US
209 MSNBC
210 C-SPAN
211 C-SPAN 2
212 NASA
214 The Weather Channel US
215 Travel Channel (USA)
216 C&T
217 ION TV West
218 Veria TV
219 America's Auction Network
220 MERC
221 LSHOP
222 HSN
223 Healthy Living Channel
224 Shop At Home
225 C&T
226 HSN2
227 Jewelry TV
228 SHNBC
229 Gem Shopping Network
230 In Country TV
231 RFD-TV
232 KTLA TV 5
238 WWOR TV 9 (My Network TV)
239 WGN Supersattion
240 IQV TV
253 SOAP
258 CHRCH
259 Inspiration
260 Trinity Broadcasting
261 EWTN
262 Angel One
263 Daystar TV
264 KTV - Kids & Teens TV/ Spirit
265 CCTV 9
266 Angel Two
267 CTN (USA)
270 UNVSN
273 GLVSN - Galavision
289 REELZ
290 PPV (when available)
300 HBO East
301 HBO 2 East
302 HBO Signature East
303 HBO West
304 HBO 2 West
305 HBO Family East
307 HBO Comedy East
309 HBO Latino East
310 Cinemax East
311 Cinemax West
312 MoreMax East
313 ActionMax East (USA)
314 5 StarMax
318 Showtime East
319 Showtime West
320 Showtime 2 East
321 Showtime Showcase East
322 Showtime Extreme East
323 Showtime Beyond East
327 The Movie Channel East
328 The Movie Channel Xtra East
329 The Movie Channel West
330 The Movie Channel Xtra West
332 Sundance Channel East
333 Flix East
340 Encore East
341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns East
343 Encore Action East
344 Encore Mystery East
345 Encore Drama East
346 Encore Love East
347 Encore Wam West
350 Starz East
351 Starz West
352 Starz Edge East
353 Starz Cinema East
354 Starz Comedy East
355 Starz In Black East
356 Starz Kids & Family East
377 MPLEX
395 SPMAN - Feb 8, 2011
396 OTDCH - Down Feb 22, 2011
400 Tennis Channel
401 The Golf Channel US
402 NBA TV
403 NHL Network USA
404 HorseRacing TV
405 TV Games Network
411 Fox Sports Prime Ticket
417 Fox Sports West
433 MASN 2

487 Playboy TV en Español
488 Playboy TV USA
489 Playboy
492 Real (USA)
493 Fresh!
494 Juicy
495 Reality Kings TV
496 Hustler TV USA
498 Xtsy

827 Univision Este
828 Univision Oeste
831 TeleFutura West
832 Centroamérica TV- Added Mar 17, 2011
833 Galavision Este
835 Telemundo East- Added Mar 17, 2011
836 Telemundo West- Added Mar 17, 2011
838 mun2
839 Canal 1 Internacional - Added Mar 17, 2011
840 TVE Internacional América - Added Mar 17, 2011
841 TV Colombia- Added Mar 17, 2011
842 Utilisima - Added Mar 17, 2011
843 HITN-TV- Added Mar 17, 2011
844 TV Dominicana - Added Mar 17, 2011
845 Discovery en Español - Added Mar 17, 2011
846 V-me - Added Mar 17, 2011
847 Disney XD
848 CBeebies Latin America - Added Mar 17, 2011
850 History en Español - Added Mar 17, 2011
853 Discovery Familia - Added Mar 17, 2011
854 ESPN Deportes - Added Mar 17, 2011
855 Fox Sports en Español - Added Mar 17, 2011
857 Canal Sur - Added Mar 17, 2011
858 TeleFormula - Added Mar 17, 2011
859 CNN en Español - Added Mar 17, 2011
862 De Pelicula EUA - Added Mar 17, 2011
863 De Pelicula Clasico - Added Mar 17, 2011
865 CineLatino Estados Unidos - Added Mar 17, 2011
867 Bandamax Estados Unidos - Added Mar 17, 2011
868 TeleHit Estados Unidos - Added Mar 17, 2011
872 MTV Tr3s - Added Mar 17, 2011
873 Boomerang - Added Mar 17, 2011
874 Si TV - Added Mar 17, 2011
875 DOC- Added Mar 17, 2011
876 DIY Network - Added Mar 17, 2011
877 Fox Soccer Channel - Added Mar 17, 2011
878 FX - Added Mar 17, 2011
879 BBC America - Added Mar 17, 2011
880 Bravo - Added Mar 17, 2011
881 WGN America - Added Mar 17, 2011
882 Ion Television - Added Mar 17, 2011
883 AQUI- Added Mar 17, 2011
884 CCTV F
885 OWN- Added Mar 17, 2011
886 National Geographic Channel- Added Mar 17, 2011
887 Animal Planet - Added Mar 17, 2011
888 Discovery Kids - Added Mar 17, 2011
889 WE tv - Added Mar 17, 2011
890 AMC - Added Mar 17, 2011
891 Speed - Added Mar 17, 2011
892 CNBC World - Added Mar 17, 2011
893 Bloomberg Television - Added Mar 17, 2011
894 IFC - Added Mar 17, 2011
896 Hallmark Channel - Added Mar 17, 2011
897 Fox Movie Channel - Added Mar 17, 2011
898 The Movie Channel West - Added Mar 17, 2011
899 The Movie Channel Xtra West - Added Mar 17, 2011

9399 Christian Television Network (CTN)
9400 BABY1
9401 HITN
9403 BYU TV
9404 C-SPAN
9407 CoLours TV
9409 TBN
9410 Link TV
9411 Universityhouse Channel
9412 University of California TV
9415 Free Speech TV
9417 EWTN

118.7 W -

601 Al Jazeera Sport Channel Global
606 BBC Arabic
607 OTV
659 Dubai Sports
678 Indus Vision
769 Dream 2
770 NBN (Lebanon)
772 Al Arabiya
774 Al Jadeed Sat
777 ART Hekayat
784 EuroNews
900 Euronews (Audio only)
901 Euronews ( Audio only)
918 Thuan VietHD Channels added on Feb 17, 2011
5760 OTS5 (wide open)
5762 CSABT (wide open)

HD Channels on 110W thru SVLan

454 Events ---- up when UFC or WWe or otyher events are aded
9416 GSN
9420 TNT
9422 HD NET
9424 ESPN HD
9431 USA
9432 SYFY
9446 WGN
9456 HBO-E - added Mar 11, 2011
9457 GREENHD
9460 SHO-E - added Mar 11, 2011
9481 TMC-E - added Mar 11, 2011
9495 CBSC
9496 SEDGE
9498 STRZW - added Mar 11, 2011
9505 ENCOR
9532 ICTV

Sat 129W

9405 Pentagon Channel
9406 ARTS
9413 ALMA
9419 A&E
9425 ESPN2 HD
9430 True TV East
9435 STARZ HD
9436 CNN
9437 TRV
9438 TWCHD
9440 MAX W HD - added Mar 11, 2011
9441 5 STAR MAX HD - added Mar 11, 2011
9442 TENIS
9443 BIO
9444 HMC
9445 NATGW
9447 COOK
9450 BBCA
9451 HBOCY - added Mar 11, 2011
9452 HBOZ - added Mar 11, 2011
9453 HBOFM - added Mar 11, 2011
9454 HBOSG - added Mar 11, 2011
9455 HBO2E - added Mar 11, 2011
9458 MAX-E - added Mar 11, 2011
9459 HBOLT - added Mar 11, 2011
9461 HGTV
9462 FOOD
9463 TOON
9466 VS
9468 SPEED
9470 LIFE
9471 LMN
9473 GOLF
9474 E!
9475 FX
9480 SHOTO - added Mar 11, 2011
9482 HKMRK
9483 SPMAN
9484 MTV
9485 CMDY
9486 STZCHD - added Mar 11, 2011
9487 DISC
9488 TLC
9489 APL
9490 SCI
9491 HIST
9492 BRAVO
9493 CMT
9497 SK&FM - added Mar 11, 2011
9499 TBS
9506 SPIKE
9507 VH1
9508 NBATV
9510 BET
9511 MSNBC
9512 ............. - added Mar 11, 2011
9513 Showtime Showcase East - added Mar 11, 2011
9520 FSC
9521 UNVSN
9522 FTRAW
9523 TCM
9524 HLN
9525 HISTI
9476 Fox Business Network - 129W
9477 FXNWS - 129W
9526 ID
9527 DIY
9528 GLVSN
9529 AMC
9542 NHLHD
9543 NHLHD
9544 NHLHD
9546 NHLHD
9551 NHLHD
9554 NHLHD 9901 D129
61.5 channels.

These for SVLAN Public Server. No spoof file, Raw 61.5

9484 MTV
9477 FXNWS
9475 FX
9473 GOLF
9466 VS
9463 TOON
9457 GREEN
9444 HMC
9443 BIO
9442 TENNIS
9436 CNN
9416 NICK
9485 CMDY
9492 BRAVO
9493 CMT
9506 SPIKE

You are really telling people that the Newlink is better then the SV Lan? Why don't you take a minute to understand what you are refereing them to. They can still use NFPS with the SV Lan but the only difference is they will have 2 servers instead of 1 with the same price.

SV Lan $59 = Akai Japan Premium Public Server & NFPS $39
Be able to switch back and forth from Public to Private. If one doens't have a ppv you want to watch flip to the other server.

Or

Newlink $59 (no support) & NFPS $39
Can only work with private server.

Same price? More bang for your buck. You do the math.

If You had a choice to buy the first cell phone (no support) or the iphone 4 (Premium Support) for the same price which would you choose.

Remember if you already have a newlink or ihub you can get a SV Lan upgrade for $39 and use both Akai Japan Server & buy NFPS to have both running and back each other up.

Everyone needs to here real user reports. Don't waist your time on Non users speculations.

http://www.ftaforall.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=428
http://fta.myfreeneeds.co
m/forums/f810/#axzz1GdD00xcr

http://www.abadss.com/forum/1134-sv-lan-help

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/674907.html

I hope this information helps the real sonicview owners make a educated decision when purchasing or upgrading a dongle. True experience is the best way to learn and that is what i'm sharing with you. Not second hand information or false theory's.

Thanks and have a great day!}

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20774
FTA BADASS joined in 2006 BEFORE I did.. He has had 5 years to try and find faults with me. However, it is now with his sudden vehement promotions of SV LAN, he has chosen to attack me. Why? because I disagreed with him and disagreed with him in no uncertain terms.

Look at the history of and the technology behind the "dongles". It is simple technology. Most of the receivers have a serial input, and Ethernet is a serial transmission of bits. The hardware as manufactured in China costs them less than $10.

Any Lnux or Unix expert will tell you that the software is (most part of it) is Open source.
Here is what Sonicview did. When they were falling behind the other manufacturers, they cam out with a Hub. Then a little later there was new Link. And now there is a third hub. Originally they tried to restrict its usage to the elite and premium. There were many (too many for their comfort) SV4000 around, and they could easily provide the software for its use with the SV400 but they did not. Later and even now NFPS provides that.
Their inventory of the elites had to be sold and the new SVLAN will do just that and then disappear off the market.

We can see the same trend now in Kboxes. Kbox had a court battle and injunction or something. It went of the air for along time. Suddenly they have come up with a different hub. The old hub won't do!. Again, it is the same thrust. Sell a new hub, and clear out some more inventory, and than when DN takes them to court, close down. Very convenient. This is Kboxes third hub. Do you think the other two hubs can't work? with a few changes in software they will work, and I can almost guarantee, that withing a month somebody will have the old hubs working on the same Private servers that the new hubs are working on.

You are accusing me of being partial to TotalFTA who you say stole the site. There is truth in that - I was also very critical of them initially. But things have changed DRASTICALLY since those days. A that time there was N@ and files for the Viewsat. Now there is Private and Public Servers. I do not know them except for the fact that they have persisted in staying alive in face of closures of tens of sites. That means secure servers. When somebody posted urls about complaints against them, I looked at each URL and did not find sufficient merit in any of the complaints. The complaints were too few and too vague. A couple of URLs were in obscure sites and a couple in good sites. Everywhere I saw a gut-feeling statement from a senior person saying they are bad without further elaboration. Technically, if I was mod here and based on my own criticism of TotalFta in the past, I could have said the same. However, i chose to take a new overall look at the whole situation.
Totlafta is asking for over $200 and for over a year they have continued their advertising. North America has pretty strict consumer laws. If we are to believe that Totalfta is a scam, we have to have at least a hundred complaints by now, investigations and arrests. Nothing like that has happened.
So, overall I would say that there is not sufficient evidence fro me to criticize TotalFta nor can I condemn them. Since they are active and alive site, the conclusion I am making as on TODAY, is that they have survived minimal consumer criticism, hefty gut-feeling criticism form old mods, and the wrath of DN. so they must be OK. Note I am not not saying they are OK - It is a logical deduction to say they must be OK.

As to my being able to help people, I did not keep a count nor do I intend to look at old posts where I may have helped. The help was given without abuse, and after a reasoned approach. Mostly I pointed out where they could get files, and for a restricted number of receivers. I also gave minor installation help - something anybody with moderate exposure to computers and software installation could have given.
Those who were helped know it. Those who felt their help was not recognized felt it more and attacked and abused me. I would say that the Admin here, was pretty lax in allowing abuse and insults to a degree that would not be tolerated on any FTA site that I know of.

I am too aware of people using multiple names on this forum. Suddenly, Mr. Sandman has woken up from his Rip Van winkle sleep to attack me. zulu was OK till about 2 years ago and then started attacking because he was bypassed by questioners and his own site was taken away from him. As far as I am concerned he can keep on running - it will get him nowhere, but will giving him the satisfaction of running. Greg Raf is another singularly obstinate idiot, and remains so with little or nothing to offer except insults.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
Once again you prove how little you know about the fta market and still continue to defend totalfta scamming people even after every forum & ecoustics users post scam reports.

1. You say i had 5 years to find your faults but didn't. Well nobody needs 5 years it only took me 48 hours from coming back here. Clearly you know I was not posting here much the last 5 years or I would have pointed it out like the hundreds of other users. You say I attack you but it is you attacking me. You are the one telling people that Sonicview is a scam and totalfta is a pioneer and reputable site even though they scam people. You post threads saying SV Lan is a scam when you know nothing about them. 2 days prior you had no clue what dongle Sonicview was using. Everyone has a right to disagree but you are rude to everyone and do not speak the truth.

You are correct I have been a member here for a very long time. Last time I was posting here was back in the N1 days telling people that the neosat ipro IKS was the way of the future. I remember LK and many others disagreeing about IKS but they were not disrespectful or rude. When N1 went down I was watching TV on IKS way back then... I think we can say I was right that IKS was the way of the future.

2. You say to look at the history of dongles and that they are simple and cheap. So what is your point? You cant make it work with any box. You have to have the source code to make it work with a receiver. Also it is cheaper for users to purchase dongles rather then purchase brand new units for $150 to $200. I guess you would rather users not be able to purchase dongles and have to buy a new receiver instead? Is this your point?

3. You say sonicview released a basic dongle when they were falling behind? That is so funny and very clear that you know nothing about the subject once again. Sonicview was the KING of N2 bin files. When viewsat and all others go down every other day for the last 6 months of N2 Sonicview never went down with their N2 Fix. Go do some more fake research. They were the leaders of the industry. Also they released their dongle before N2 dropped which means they were before the other groups other then nfusion & Neosat who was already IKS before everything started.

4. You say that sonicview tried to restrict its usage to Elite & Premier only and wouldn't support the sv 4000? You also say that NFPS supported the sv4000 when sonicview would not? Wow your getting slower. First off nfps can't support anything without the hardware bin files to allow them to provide support. The only way nfps could support a SV product is if the Sonicview Manufacturers created a bin file for them to use. Are you trying to say nfps built their own SV dongle and made their own SV bin file ? Only SV could put the private server setting in the SV 4000 menu for them to use and they would only do this if they were supporting the 4000 so clearly your facts are wrong once again. Only the Akai Japan Group has supported the SV 4000 properly and they are the ones supporting the manufacturer bin files that enable private server settings to go along with their public server. Sonicview 8000, 4000, premier & Elite all are working best with SV Lan files.

5. You say I accuse you of being partial to TotalFTA? Let me make it very clear for you. I have not accused you at all. You do that all by yourself. Even in this very post you defend them and therefor support them. You say that on every forum a senior member post scam reports. You say that in order for it to be a scam you have to see 100 complaints . I have seen over 100 complaints and I have seen at least 10 on this very forum without searching. Funny thing is Sonicview is a much more reputable company who is highly supported by nfps and many others using their hardware and you see Zero complaints about a SV Lan and report it as Scam. How come you don't need 100 complaints with this? Did you know that total fta scam artists are selling Sonicview products for double the price if the users are lucky enough to even get a product?

You say usa has strict laws and that since they have withstood all of the complaints you think that they were not significant enough to close them down so by your odd math that means that they are not scamming people and everyone else is lying because it doesn't add up for you? What you don't understand is that they have survived only because their website is hosted offshore which the USA laws can't touch & they accept anonymous payments through western union with fake names. If it was that easy to shut down someone from accepting payments from a website then nfps would have been shut down long ago. Once again I do not need to accuse you of anything. This is you quote even after every forum and over 100 users complaints say they are scamming! "nydas says" (overall I would say that there is not sufficient evidence fro me to criticize TotalFta nor can I condemn them. Since they are active and alive site, the conclusion I am making as on TODAY) Thousands of happy sonicview users = scam but every forum & hundreds of users scammed = Don't condemn & continued defending and support! Clearly 2+2 doesn't = 4 to you!

6. Nydas, Thank you for being honest about what you can actually support! Nydas say in quote "Mostly I pointed out where they could get files, and for a restricted number of receivers. I also gave minor installation help - something anybody with moderate exposure to computers and software installation could have given." Thank you for pointing out to others that you don't have any expert experience other then a common person who can use computer software. I hope you remember that next time when you arguing with experts who have real information. You say that you give out advice without abuse. I have seen many users post here for the first time saying thank you to someone and you tell them why don't they use their real name. You accuse everyone to have many names because you have so many. One user who said he got scammed by totalfta you basically called him a lier and said he didn't know how to contact them. Then in a later post he ask for a sonicview dongle and you push him to nfps without a dongle. Tell him to pm sada right now. Then you called him names and said why do you have to spoon feed him. This is respectful? I have only been back on this forum for a short time and all I see is you being rude to every other user. Guy post that he got his kbox working and you only have negative comments for him. He is sharing his information with the fta community and you want to run him away the first chance you get. The FTA community is about users helping users. You don't have to try to make it a race to run everyone away. You will see that you will gain much more respect by being nice to all users.

7. Answer this why do you double post in the same thread even if it has nothing to do with what the title is? Is this just a way to hijack other peoples threads or is it just to have more posts? You understand that is considered disrespectful and rude right? 2+2?

All I ask is that you stop waisting peoples time and be respectful to users! If you would like to continue your negative approach then I'm sure many users will enjoy our chats!

Username: Skipper9

Post Number: 9
Channels added to Akai Japan Public
(in addition to those above)

573 Sanskar TV
574 NDTV Imagine
575 SAB TV USA
582 Willow Cricket
648 ASTHA
649 ZOOM
651 Aapka Colors
652 KBS World
716 Star Plus USA
718 Star One USA
776 MTVI
788 TV Asia
789 SET USA
790 Zee Cinema USA
791 B4U Movies USA
793 SET Max
794 Aaj Tak International
797 Sahara One
808 B4U Music USA
813 Headlines Today International
900 Euronews
901 Euronews
5760 OTS5 (wide open)
5762 CSABT (wide open)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20807
(ProSonicview.com)

Defendant Christopher Whitcomb operates the website www . ProSonicview.com and the ebay store prosonicviewdotcom, whereupon he sells and distributes Sonicview Receivers SV Lan adapters, and New Link adapters, among other devices.

quote:

Hi,

We did not send the emails out. The info on the ihub will be released in the next few days.

Chris Whitcomb
Tech Support Supervisor
SonicView USA
Phone # 760-842-8931
Fax # 760-842-8935
email: techsupport@sonicviewusa.com

NOTICE OF RELATED CASE PURSUANT TO CIVIL LOCAL RULE 40.1(e)

The First DISH Action and the Second DISH Action are related because the defendant in the Second DISH Action, Christopher Whitcomb, is a former employee of Sonicview USA, Inc. ("Sonicview") (a named defendant in the First DISH Action), and a Sonicview dealer who was served with Judge Lorenz's preliminary injunction order in the First DISH Action. Mr. Whitcomb is also the cousin of Roberto Sanz, Sonicview's CEO and an individual defendant in the First DISH Action. Further, the devices at issue in the forthcoming motion for preliminary injunction in the Second DISH Action (ie, the SV_Lan and NewLink) operate in the same manner as the iHub device that Judge Lorenz has already enjoined in the First DISH Action. Accordingly, assigning both cases to Judge Lorenz will effect a saving of judicial effort and resources.

Bronze Member
Username: Ictv

Post Number: 16
I've seen that somewhere before.
Where was it hmmmm?
Oh yea the other 100 times you posted it in different threads.
Please keep fake c/p posts to one thread
Better yet make a Nyda thread and you can sell NFPS fake server on it
Please don't bother the rest of us

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20813
(ProSonicview.com)

Defendant Christopher Whitcomb operates the website www . ProSonicview.com and the ebay store prosonicviewdotcom, whereupon he sells and distributes Sonicview Receivers SV Lan adapters, and New Link adapters, among other devices.

quote:

Hi,

We did not send the emails out. The info on the ihub will be released in the next few days.

Chris Whitcomb
Tech Support Supervisor
SonicView USA
Phone # 760-842-8931
Fax # 760-842-8935
email: techsupport@sonicviewusa.com

NOTICE OF RELATED CASE PURSUANT TO CIVIL LOCAL RULE 40.1(e)

The First DISH Action and the Second DISH Action are related because the defendant in the Second DISH Action, Christopher Whitcomb, is a former employee of Sonicview USA, Inc. ("Sonicview") (a named defendant in the First DISH Action), and a Sonicview dealer who was served with Judge Lorenz's preliminary injunction order in the First DISH Action. Mr. Whitcomb is also the cousin of Roberto Sanz, Sonicview's CEO and an individual defendant in the First DISH Action. Further, the devices at issue in the forthcoming motion for preliminary injunction in the Second DISH Action (ie, the SV_Lan and NewLink) operate in the same manner as the iHub device that Judge Lorenz has already enjoined in the First DISH Action. Accordingly, assigning both cases to Judge Lorenz will effect a saving of judicial effort and resources.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us