Viewsat back from the dead

Username: Eldonperrito

Post Number: 2
sada or Nalin I have a vewsat ultra 2000 its been out of service for well over a year any information and instructions on how to make it work will be great. please have patience i been out of circulation myself and many old members that used to be here are no longer available either. I hope there is less infighting then there was before thanks in advance.

Username: 232paule

Longueuil, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a viewsat ulta lite i can not find anything on how to set it up

Bronze Member
Username: Parilla

El Paso, Texas

Post Number: 19
No more fighting here perrito. Gregraf has cleaned this place up and FTABADASS is now in charge. QED

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20716
Paul Evans: You could try IKS Private server.

http://ftabeta.com/

Silver Member
Username: Cableboxtv

Post Number: 276
In order to get the viewsat working you have 2 choices.

1. You can get a Viewsat Weather Forecaster on the web or ebay and connect to their public server. The VS WF will cost around $120. There are better options but if your set to get the viewsat running on public this is the only way.

2. You can also connect to a private server using a Weather Forecaster emulator. This method method is much harder but will save you a little money.

VS Ultra-lite setup
Modified from a guide by gia1.

For Viewsat Ultra-Lite users

Download: All wfemu files for viewsat ultra-lite

PFTAUSW-100318UL.PGM
PFTAUSW-100320UL.PGM
PFTAUSW-100322UL.PGM
The Latest RQ-SSSP-Client (v1.04)
WFEMU (v0.23-mex)
rq-sssp-client-readme.txt
wfemu-readme.txt
Plus numerous critical SSSP & WFEMU files

LOADING/FLASHING SEQUENCE OF PFTAUSW FILES INTO YOUR RECEIVER

1) Do a factory default and exit to main screen.

2) Load this file to stb 1st: PFTAUSW-100318UL.PGM

3) Then load this file to stb 2nd: PFTAUSW-100322UL.PGM

4) Then load this file to stb 3rd: PFTAUSW-100320UL.PGM

5) Then do a channel scan of your sats and it should be good to go from there.

If you don't know how to perform the above steps: The exact procedure for doing Step 1's factory default depends on which model you have. The exact procedure for doing steps 2-4 will depend on your model and whether it's USB enabled or null modem cable only.

CONFIGURING WF EMU WITH RQ-SSSP-CLIENT

CHECKLIST BEFORE YOU BEGIN - WE ARE ASSUMING:

1. You have everything properly loaded on your computer.

2. You have all of your computer hardware all hooked up right. The null modem cable is already hooked up between your computer and your Viewsat, and so on.

3. Every thing is properly loaded into your receiver. As described in "LOADING/FLASHING SEQUENCE OF PFTAUSW FILES INTO YOUR RECEIVER," above.

4. You have gotten a donation number from nfps.

5. You're using a version of the WF EMU that's verified to work.

6. If not, stop here and ensure everything meets the above criteria first, as from here on in you're only wasting your time and efforts until you do.

7. Since we're going to be using it a lot in a few minutes, our first procedure is to acquaint ourselves with the "Home Folder" in Ubuntu.

Within Ubuntu, go to the top left corner to "Places" > "Home Folder" is normally first on Places' submenu.

8. Place a copy of these three files into "Home Folder".

wfemu
rq-sssp-client.config
rq-sssp-client.x86

Verify they are there. Doublecheck by exiting the Home Folder and then go back into it.

9. Double click on the "rq-sssp-client.config".

A window should open with the following choices:

Run in Terminal
Display
Cancel
Run

10. Select Display and you will see strings of information.

11. Edit your information similar to what you see below, or use whatever settings your VPN may have instructed you to, leaving "serial_port=/dev/ttyS0" alone for now.

Edit the "card_server_url=" string, replacing the example holders with the information your VPN supplied you. You can remove the <and> symbols too.

Tip: For clarity, a completed example is at the very end of these instructions.

serial_port=/dev/ttyS0 <-----We'll get from "./wfemu" a few steps later.
serial_port_settings=115200|8|N|1
byte_write_delay=200
receiver_protocol=0
caid_mappings=
return_single_cw=0
background_execution=1
debug_level=1
log_to_consol=1
log_to_file=1
logfile_name=/var/bin/rq-sssp-client.log
control_words_timeout=12 (may need changing - check at the end)
card_server_url=newcamd://<username>:<password>@<server>:<port>/<des>/EMM

12. Now go to "Applications->Accessories->Terminal" and type:

./wfemu

13. Hit "Enter"
You will see "/dev/pts/<number>"

Example: /dev/pts/1

14. The number you get during your own Terminal session needs to be input within the line of your rq-sssp-client.config string where it says "serial_port=/dev/ttyS0"

15. Refer back to rq-sssp-client.config.

16. Now that you're in the rq-sssp-client.config, you need to input the number you got
in Step 13. into "serial_port=/dev/ttyS0," combining it with a change in the string's path at the same time.

Step 13. Example: /dev/pts/1 (from ./wfemu)

Step 11.+16. Example: serial_port=/dev/ttyS0 (from rq-sssp-client.config)

Combine them like this: serial_port=/dev/pts/1

17. Click "Save" to exit out of rq-sssp-client.config.

18. Now, open a second Terminal session. Go to "Applications->Accessories->Terminal" and type:

./rq-sssp-client.x86

19. Hit "Enter"

Are we having a "TA-DA! moment" yet?

After hitting "Enter", you'll see in the ./rq-sssp-client.x86 Terminal that it's trying to connect to the server you supplied in your rq-sssp-client.config file in Step 16. If it connects successfully it will say "Connected" and you'll see the "ECM Data" and other little info scrolling in there. In the first first Terminal session where you ran ./wfemu in Step 13. it'll show you stuff like the "/dev/pts/1" & ">>(ECM Data, cksum ok) & "<<([CW Data], cksum ok). This means your connection is now married. Congratulations, have a happy TV honeymoon.

From here on in you should only need the refresher on all of this in CHECKING YOUR SETUP.

If you don't already see something on your TV, just change to any channel that your VPN server supports (there should be channels listed in ./rq-sssp-client.x86).

TIP: It might take a little while or you might need to do some channel changing until all the channels populate on your receiver, but you should be able to at least find a working channel somewhere until all the rest do.

WE ALL HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW TV CONFIGURATION! Remember, you learned it here at FSF and to always share the rum. ARRRRR!!!!!

If you're still not seeing TV, then more than likely you'll need to troubleshoot your equipment or your VPN Server connection. In which case, we advise you to contact your technical support people since these issues are beyond the scope of the instructions.

Still not sure if you're connected or want to verify things? You can verify your Viewsat and computer are communicating with each other by doing the following procedure.

Open Menu on the Viewsat and navigate to:

Installation
Serial Setup
Network S/W Upgrade
Network S/W version
Press "OK" on your remote

This will show you which version of wfemu your Viewsat is using on your computer.

Here's gia1's generic example of his rq-sssp-client.config file:

Below are the config file settings that works.

I was told to delete every blank line in the rq-sssp-client.config file and make sure that there was a # in front of any line that was not a command by a member on another site and it works.

Example:
#good luck to all
# <---I deleted this.
#some good stuff
<---I deleted this.
#same old thing

So I have this:
#good luck to all
#some good stuff
#same old thing

Here is the config settings that works for me, please note that there are no spaces in any of the following lines:

serial_port=/dev/pts/1
serial_port_settings=115200|8|N|1
byte_write_delay=200
receiver_protocol=0
caid_mappings=
return_single_cw=0
background_execution=1
debug_level=1
log_to_consol=1
log_to_file=1
logfile_name=/var/bin/rq-sssp-client.log
control_words_timeout=12 (you may want to decrease this to an option like 2 to prevent the blacking out after going to an unopened channel and back)
card_server_url=newcamd://Your Private Server Username:It's Password@The name of the Private Server:The Port/The DES KEY/EMM

Hope this helps. Good luck...

Bronze Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 89
Also Satopia will be releasing their cardless N3 solution in the coming days. I fully expect once that is out, other providers will quickly work to implement into their units.
Mind you Satopia team has said the bin will be protected, but who`s to say...quite difficult I am told to protect it from other providers for very long.
I do not know if VS even has coders at this point and time?

Best to get a hold of a older satopia unit

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7822
http://ftabeta.com/vs-ultra-downloads/10783-viewsat-wfemu0-23mex-rq-sssp-client- 1-04-a.htmlhttp://ftabeta.com/vs-ultra-downloads/10783-viewsat-wfemu0-23mex-rq-sssp-client- 1-04-a.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us