Zenith L20V34S Completely DEAD

Username: Tstrachan22

Monroe, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
Zenith LCD flat screen 20in
Model: L20V34S
Manufactered: Oct 2005
Listed HealthCare Facility TV

Hello all, TV wont turn on (no red light either)after turning it off from the night before. Heres what i've tried:

WHEN AS IS
-Checked to make sure on/off switch on rear of TV was indeed "on".
-Tried using the remote and the actual TV "on" buttons.
-Checked of course all my outlets and made sure it had power and had good connections.
-Used voltmeter to check to see if short in power cord.

WHEN OPENED UP:
-Used voltmeter to check resistance from all wiring harnesses starting from power cord plug in to rear power switch.
-Checked for any "burnt" looking pieces.
-Tried to locate fuse but cant seem to find one.

Any suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16022
Welcome to eCoustics tstrachan22!

It seem to be a problem with the power supply!

You can buy the board here:
http://www.discount-merchant.com/ZENITH-SS-21V0-1-p/1165343.htm

I know that few capacitors can blowed in the power supply, if you are friendly with soldering, you can replace all caps in the power supply!

Username: Tstrachan22

Monroe, Nc Usa

Post Number: 3
TY for the reply! I will surely consider just replacing the board. But now that you mention it it seems the two large caps in that pic are ever so slightly bowed on mine and must be the problem. The board is roughly $45 it seems but is out of stock. How much are the caps and where can i find the right ones? Also, my experience is some what limited with soldering ( I've changed a few switches on my computer mouse recently tho), should i consider trying it myself? Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16025
You can buy those capacitors from RadioShack or from a electronic part reseller.

I don,t know if it was the 2 big caps on the picture but I recomment to replace all caps, if you try it, be sure that the size fit and the polarity is good or the cap may explode, you can also bring the board to a TV repair shop for the replacement of the caps if you are not confortable with the soldering.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us