Question about splitting cable

Silver Member
Username: Sccrskills

Post Number: 144
I have cable tv and internet, there's one cable coming into my house, it is split and one end goes upstairs to the tv and the other downstairs to the modem. I have a tv downstairs and was wandering if i can get cable tv downstairs too? Can i split the cable going to my tv upstairs or the one going to the modem downstairs and hook it up to my tv somehow? Or do i just need another box?
Any help is appreciated.. thnks

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7687
yes sure can u can do u can buy a good splitter with two out put..and u can use one for modem , one for tv and one for your downstair tv..
but make sure its not dollar store one ..
buy some good splitter so it can handle all theree things without interfering or causing any problems to pic quaiity of ur cable..

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
ok thanks sada.....i have a stupid question though....since the cable coming into my house is splited and theres two outputs one for tv and one for internet, which one of the two cables should i split or should i just split from the main cable? Sorry first time im using cable so im kinda new at it. thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7688
no need for that u can buy a splitter itself that has 3 outputs
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
ahh ok got it so il just need to buy another cable for the tv downstairs...thanks a lot sada.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7690
you are welcome
yep ..extra cable and splitter with 3 output will do the job
but most of houses are built in with wall outlet for tv..
check ur walls in house there must be atleast two outlet for ur cable..

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
hmm i dont think theres one anywhere around the tv...guess il just have to make a way through...the cable man drilled a hole when he brought the cable through for the modem so il try that since its in the same room as the tv....does strength matter? should i go with 1 ghz or 2ghz splitter?....is there any difference if I have an hd box upstairs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7691
yes strength matters
go with 2ghz

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
got it thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
philips remote control broke and i have an extra Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control...try to set it up so it works on the philips lcd tv but when i put in the remote code only the power button and volume work, the rest wont (ch. buttons and numbers)...anybody know why? thank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us