Viewsat Ultra Help

Bronze Member
Username: Rvm

Post Number: 92
I have Vieasat Ultra Box. Haven't used the box for a long long time....any idea where to find the upload file and make the box work again. Appreciate step by step process.

is it still worth it to usethis box or should I go for new ones. Appreciate the advice

Thanks,

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20609
RVM: NFPS works with Viewsat Ultra directly connected to PC. However, you must understand that in general private IKS such as NFPS is up and down quite a bit.
The software is easy to install - they say it works much better under Linux, but it also works well with Windows XP SP2 and above. You would need to have your PC on all the time you are using your Viewsat Ultra.

Private IKS costs $35-$100 a year. If you are interested, PM to sada in this forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Nesan

Post Number: 26
Hi nydas
How dose viewsat ultra work with xp sp2 and above. I know it work well in linux.
Please confirm if it work in windows.!
thank you
nesan

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20610
"NFPS works with Viewsat Ultra directly connected to PC.......need to have your PC on all the time....." You would use a rq-sssp-client configuration file.
More info might be available at ftabeta site. If sada is around, he might be able to answer you better or better still PM him.
For public IKS using WF (buy at about $100) read at this thread

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Hi
nydas In linux it work that I know. But I do not thing that it work in window os other than using "virtual linux or duel boot or xfta or WF". As far as I know direct connection to windows dose not work with nfps or private server in VS Ultra or any VS family. If you know exception please let us know.
thank you
nesan

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7625
As far as I know you can install virtual Linux on windows so what is problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Sada
I have no problem of watching tv. Just for the knowledge I want to know.
Do you recall me I bought the subscription from you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Thx nydas....will try tomm.to fix the box....

is there a step by step instruttions somewhere? I guess we have come a long way from just loading the bins to connecting via laptops...

I am not a very IT friendly...but am sure with instructions I'll figure out.

Thx.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20611
1. rq-sssp-client is available for Windows.
2. As sada said above you can run a lot of software for one OS on another OS.
3. Most such marriages as in 2 are between Windows and Linux.

It is quite trying to give instructions of running software - the level of expertise required of you , the user, is only slightly higher, but the level of expertise in the instructor has to be somewhat higher. I will leave it to the individual Gurus in the practical forums to instruct you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
where can i download fta files for viewsat ultra

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7635
http://ftabeta.com/vs-ultra-downloads/3641-viewsat-ultra-bins-wfemu.html#post158 68

Bronze Member
Username: Abeyambu

Post Number: 81
what is wfemu. i use wf and downloaded the file PFTAUSW. wich is the latest file i need to load to receiver
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us