42" 720p Vizio second failed mainboard could inputs be the fault?

Username: Jimmythekid1

Post Number: 1
As the title says, I have a 42" 720p Vizio model number VW42LHDT10A
Just after Christmas after trying to switch input channels the screen went black with the back light still on and the system was unresponsive. It would not even turn off.
I got the TV back in 08 with extended warranty plan. The TV was repaired around the 5th of January, contracted threw a local Electronics repair shop. They replaced the main board. Every thing was fine until two weekends ago. Then the screen started flashing on all channels and then finally it became unresponsive again. The main board failed again, but the shop can't find any thing that caused the board to fail again.
Could any of my TV inputs cause the board to fail?
I have a DVD/vcr combo, PS2, Wii, PS3 and an amplified antenna
I also have the audio outputed to an old Sony 4 channel receiver
Thanks,
James

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15980
Welcome to eCoustics James!

Vizo tv experiment many problems due to cheap parts used.

If the repair cost is too high, I sugest you to buy a new TV with better reputation.

Post Number: 2
Well the repair is free so cost is not an issue. I have heard that vizio re mans there boards so I may have got a bad re man.

the repair guys said they don't really see to many problems with the vizios. Both the delivery guy and the owner both have one. I don't think they would have any affiliation with Vizio or Walmart as its a small repair shop that has been in my area longer then walmart has.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the walmart versions are special builds. The guys at bet but talk them up too, but you can never trust a salesman.....

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15984
James

I can tell you that Vizio is crap!

Do a search with "Vizio problem" on google then you will see that so many custumer experiment board problem.

Glad to heard that they repair it for free!

Post Number: 3
LOL they definatly are not top end TVs you get what you pay for. After all the orginal board only last just about 3 years. This honestly is the only tv I have ever had completely break.

you know i bet if you search any manufacture followed by problem all your going to find it boards about problems. lol

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15986
Oh yeah!

Sony has many problem with their DLP because they does not have a overheat protection when the fan is dusted, every maufacturers experiment some problems, all those TV's (DLP Plasma and LCD) use new technology, chips etc., it was the same problem with the introduction of the VCR, the latest model used same reliable chips and parts.

Fortunatly the LCD TV made today are much better and reliable!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us