Help Needed, Problem connecting Dreambox 500 to PC

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif786

Post Number: 97
Hello Friends,
I have just got my dreambox 500 as a replacement of my dreambox 100 due to short circuit. i have got this DB 500 pre programed for private server i have connected this via ethernet cable to my netgear router. The place i purchased this box showed me that, after connecting dreambox and initial lnb setting go to the network and look for the ip of dreambox and then put the dreambox ip in your pc and browse, then click on configration on the page open and put the server settings details but i am unable to connect after putting my dreambox ip. My question is should i unsecure the router and make it open as we should to connect any copmuter or device with router, i also tried using DCC but its not connecting from there too. I would appreciate your help . Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15958
Are you able to access to your router via your PC?

Have you made a hard reboot for each hardware?, modem,router then receiver, if not do it then re-power in this order: mode, router then receiver, hard reboot also your PC!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Thanks plymouth for your reply.
i never tried connecting my router, yes i did hard reboot the same way you said but unable to connect also, all the settings are correct in the reciever as i am able to see channel 101 DN.
i tried hooking up the ethernet direct from reciever to modem but it gaves me diffrent set of ip and mean time i can not access my lap top because i hooked the drembox with the modem. my dreambox ip is 192.168.1.3 does this looks normal? I will realy appreciate your reply.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15959
You are Welcome!

You must hook as well your receiver than your PC on your router to acces to your receiver!

Are you using a hub between your receiver and the router?

192.168.1.3 is a router adress which permit you to your PC to talk directly to your receiver without using the internet, like I say all hardware must be hooked to make that work!

If you use a cable, check if the cable is well hooked in the port 3, if not then it is in port 1, use this IP 192.168.2.1, the last number is the assigned port in the router, this number can be between 1 and 100 if you use a wireless connection.

You can also type 192.168.1.1 to access to your modem the type the username and the password to see where is hooked your receiver but it is not for newbie.

Note that you need also to type the same username and password to access to you receiver!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
1)I am using my laptop connected wirelesly with router.
2)The dreambox is connected to the router direct with the ethernet cable without any hub.
3) After connecting like that i am getting the ip 192.168.1.3.
4) when i am putting this ip in my browser its not connecting.
5) when i am using dcc to connect i am getting error of 100057 some thing like that.
What i am doing wrong or missing.
Thanks again for your time and replies.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20597
I do not have a dreambox, but the following information, might be useful.
1. Your ISP gives an IP address to your connection. Usually you have no control. This number is like 74.12.32.141 or 69.156.211.208, etc.
The IP may or may not automatically change this number. some routers allow you, the user of the connection to specify to your ISP that you do not wish it changed at all or you wish it changed every hour, etc. It is up to the ISP to accept or reject your request and this decision is at the hardware level between the ISP's server and your router.

Your router has a fixed internal address which is strictly local to your network. The usual ones used are
192.168.2.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 etc.
they always begin with 192.168 or with 10
Your router then gives out addresses to every device on your network. Each device, such as a computer, your dreambox etc ., whether physically connected or wireless, gets a UNIQUE separate address, such as 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4, etc. This is DHCP.
Usually these are given out by your router (NOT BY YOUR ISP) to each device sequentially as they connect and not usually fixed by the router. YOU have the option, with most routers, to make then fixed addresses within your network. This is called making them STATIC addresses.

To access your router you use your connected computer and put the URL in your browser such as:
192.168.1.1 (see the popular router defaults above)
You MUST see the numbers given to EACH device clearly. There is no point in telling us it is 192.168.1.3. Instead say which device has which number???? As I said before, each device gets a separate address Unique to the device, and till you make this address static, it is always dynamic, meaning changes every time you connect.

With the above information, you can play around and experiment and give the forum feed backs, for further help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Thanks a lot Nydas for your detailed explanation, my dream box is giving me the ip of 192.168.1.3 and i just spoke with the guy i purchased this he said you have to put the http:// before the ip address in your browser, do you think it will solve this problem? i am in the office now and will try this once i will reach home. Thanks again for the information provided.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20598
Whether you put http:// or not,
192.168.1.1 from you computer will give you all the details of the connections.
These IP addresses are local and are OK for you to give out on the forum.
I expect to see from you, the connections and details for 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 etc and which device get which number before we can proceed.

Username: Kita32

Post Number: 2
Assuming you have installed and antenna can be used. The first time you start the Dreambox satellite receiver, you must choose language, time zone, and then the antenna is installed: Basic (single LNB / single dish), Medium (various LNB / Dishes and with DiseqC switching), or complex (a motorized unit ). Then to add at least one satellite.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us