Please Recommend a Replacement for Our Panasonic RV-32

Username: Baumgrenze

Post Number: 2
Please Recommend a Replacement for Our Panasonic RV-32

Our Panasonic RV-32 served us well since Christmas 2002. I will try to oil the spindle, but in the meantime I would like to start gathering recommendations for a replacement.

We like the track/time display on the RV-32, also the multi-speed fast forward and back within a track. I gather some primitive machines do not even skip from track to track both forward and back. The boom-box we are temporarily using does not.

We use our DVD player mostly for library audio books and DVD's. Previous patrons have often mishandled them and scratched tem. Therefore any new player should have very good error correcting capability and a decent sized buffer.

It would be nice to have the capability to view photos on a CD as jpg files.

Do any DVD players come with USB ports that allow input via flash drives? I sometimes download podcasts as mp3 files and edit them into tracks using Audacity. Would a player recognize a folder with a sequence of mp3 files on a flash drive as though they were tracks on a CD?

When I search for reviews, I see a lot about Blu-Ray technology. I guess, if possible, a new player should accommodate this standard, too. Technology has a way of leaving 'old standards' behind in the dust, e.g., floppy disks.

Perhaps others can offer suggestions for other features I've not thought of.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us