Muffled voices when playing DVD

I just hooked up a Pioneer VSX-912 AV receiver to my system and replace all the cabling. The DVD player is a Toshiba SD-2800 with a Dolby Digital decoder. The video is fine. For the audio I have an optical digital cable from the DVD player to the receiver, and the output of the DVD player is set to Bitstream. The receiver recognizes the signal coming in and sets it to Dolby Digital, I get great surround sound and effects through all the speakers.

The problem is that the dialogue is being cut out when decoding it in standard mode on the receiver. I get very muffled or no voices that I can't hear even with the volume turned up. When I switch to other modes like analog I can hear it just fine so it appears to be the decoding at the receiver. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

I have the same DVD player and experencing the same problem with my Sony STR-DE945. I don't think it is the DVD player since I have connected my other two DVD players to the reciever and still hear the same muffled voices.
I am beginning to thing something is fried because I have had the DVD for 4 years and the reciever for two.
Let me know if you find what was wrong on your end, this is driving me nuts!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us