Looking for a private server

Username: Icanhassatellite

Post Number: 1
I am looking to be purchasing my first iks private server here in a few weeks and have noticed a lot of them around different forums. The main thing I am looking for mostly is international channels. Does anyone know the best one for international? I noticed iksprivateserver.com but read they dont offer anything but what dish offers and some others have channels from bellview or something in Canada. Im wanting to get BBC-C mainly.

Also im pretty sure its not poss, but does any offer channels from europe like the real bbc channels? I dont think we being in america can hit their sattelites though, THANKS.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20512
There are two types of services - Public and private IKS. Public service has been bad lately.

For private IKS, you can try this link or better still PM to sada on the forum - click here

Username: Jonneyrotten

Post Number: 1
there are several different one to choose from .. http://dsspros.com/forum/paid-iks-private-servers/ they are talked about there with info ..

Silver Member
Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 522
icanhassatellite..............I can get this one
BBC
America
http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.bbcamerica.com/

but you are looking for these channels.

BBC One London
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Northern Ireland
BBC One Wales
BBC Two England
BBC News
CBBC
CBeebies UK BBC
BBC HD UK
Channel 4 UK

They are all located on one TP
when I have more info. I will let you know

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20514
icanhassatellite: Most of the PBS channels (Public Broadcasting Service) provide BBC to a certain extent.

BBC News: You will get BBC news somewhere between 5 to 7 pm Easter time, and again between 10.30pm and midnight Eastern time, depending upon which local PBS station you are tuned to. A few PBS station also give a daytime news.

BBC programming. The PBS stations givie a varying amount of BBC programming.

If you have Bell of Canada you get BBC News every hour.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
canhassatellite.....here is what I found out
if you leave in the East Coast of the good old USA
you have a shot, check out this footprint

Upload

Post Number: 2
Im will be in eastern Indiana and it looks like according that map i am right on the line. So if I understand correctly because the bbc is public broadcasting it shouldnt be encrypted? So When i move and get everything setup I will just have to point my dish at that frequency? 125w? And see what happens.

As for the private iks, i was wanting one that let me get dish channels and and the canadian stations from their satellite service. Im still trying to learn everything, so i might not be understanding everything yet. I do realize for dish i would need to be on one tp and for other stations another. Is it best to get a motor for my dish then?

EDIT: Thanks for that site! From it i was able to find this list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al_XpvIZT7vfdDY1bUtiT0Q1cV83WkUxc0psYmJweFE&hl=en#gid=5

I will probably go with ikstv as they seem to have the most channels

Post Number: 3
One more question. I was going to use my grandpas old dish network dish for this, but its relatively small and wouldnt pick up 125w according to lyngsat because of its size. What Dish would you all reccommend or should i keep the dish network for this iks and another dish completely for fta.

thanks for all the help, i have learned alot of over the past week even if it may not seem as such from all my questions =D

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
icanhassatellite.......using IKS Private Server you can
pickup BBC America http://www.bbcamerica.com/
on this Bird EchoStar 14 at 119.0°W Freq. 12384 H
SR 20,000 FEC 7/8 Channel 135
plus over three hundred Prime Time channels...open this Link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AknDgKfNwPPBdFk1eVlhcno1NHpVWWl6WGJOczV ySmc#gid=41

btw .. for more info.check the thread..."Sada the IKS man"}

Post Number: 4
Im no longer worried about the bbc as I went ahead and did the streaming route using my xbmc, so i have all the bbc channels i wanted. I was just wondering now if i need to use a dish network dish for private iks or if i can buy a fortec star dish?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20517
icanhassatellite:
For 119W and 110W you need a 20" Dish, although 18" is usually OK, a straightforward Circular LNB.
For Anik F3 at 118.8 you nee a 30-33" Dish with a special Low frequency circular LNB. This bird is mainly.for Internationals

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7564
depends on what kind of channels are u looking for
if u want to see channels at 110 degree , and 119 degree
buy one dish with two lnbs... 18 inch dish will do the job
u can buy ilink 9000+ cnxnano2 , stanzen
etc..
and can with private membership depends on what kind of channels u want and how much u wanna pay monthly..
for to use iks recievers
u need to have an internet connection with more then 1 mbps
if its not dial up then its fine...
and a wireless router..
if ur tv is close to ur router u can use network cable or then u can buy network adapter if u need to use wireless connection...

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
canhassatellite............. I was just wondering now if i need to use a dish network dish for private iks or if i can buy a fortec star dish?

To answer your question, No you don't need
to use a Dish Network dish, you can buy A Fortec Star,
Winegard, Multistar or any other brand you want to use.

The size of the Dish depends on your location
and the satellite you want to point the Dish too.

A 90cm Dish will be your best bet.
In the future if you want to scan the Free to Air
Birds. all you would need is a motor and a Linear LNB.

Upload

Post Number: 5
Yeah I was looking at either a 90cm or a 110cm, but i think the 110cm was OOS. I figure might as well go with a bigger one with a motor, so i dont have to worry about it later on =] I may try out the dish network dish i get for free though as a lot of my channels i want or being fulfilled with my boxee and xbmc. If anyone is looking for BBC channels from europe, Id rec definitely building one and u can stream them for free (plus cost of a vpn)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us