My Denon DVD player gave up the ghost

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1180
Well,

After 10 plus years of solid duty, incredible video and audio, my Denon died in the middle of "Inception". So, what to do, what to do?

I have a Denon AVR and I don't have any particular plan to stick with a Denon DVD player (I bought it used off eBay and it worked so well that I went back to the Denon AVR after my pre died.)

I've done a bunch of reading and it doesn't appear that Denon makes a reasonably priced Blue-ray/DVD player so I've researched Onkyo, Sony and Samsung. I would like to keep the great video and audio and pick-up Wi-Fi streaming capability. So, what do you guys like and what would you recommend?

Thanks, Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 39
I wouldn't bother with WiFi streaming.

For a stress free experience just go wired. Your stream won't get cut off every time your wireless signal drops.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2259
For simply the BEST vidio, and very good redbook CD, too, the OPPO is tough to beat.

The newest model, which I'll admit is expensive at 1000$, even has balanced outs for stereo.

This MAY be the player that allows a single universal player with no need of a dedicated CD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us