Nfusion Phoenix & Ethernet Powerline Adapters

Username: Saskboy02

Post Number: 10
I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and when I hooked everything back up my receiver is not populating my IP address/sub/gate. All the lights are showing Ethernet/Link/Power on the adapter at the receiver so I don't know why it's not recognizing my server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Old_howard

Post Number: 164
Doreen will help you shortly. Don't listen to nydas or she will blow up your entire home and kill your children.

Silver Member
Username: Subashi

Post Number: 115
and set your dog on FIRE!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 505
most powerlines need to have a password entered inorder for it to give you all the needed info to connect on 1 or the other

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks I'll wait for Doreen.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20395
One can read all about powerline adapters here
They are essentially a wired network connection. Instead of running a separate cable from router to device, You use the existing house wiring as your cable. They are a tried and trusted technology.
There are some considerations. You should not have a power bar between the house wiring and the powerline adaptor. - Must plug directly into an outlet. Otherwise you should be able to see the DHCP address given out to the particular adaptor and your receiver should show the identical IP address you received from your router. You may reset the router to make sure and then just connect the receiver (through powerline). Attach other devices and computer afterwards.

There are idiots here who do not know a thing themselves and try and run down helpers. Only other people besides me who would usually give reasonable advice are Plymouth, and sada and lately Jason Bourne has started posting. Vann is also OK and there are several others.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7522
u need to plug ur power adapter diretly to wall outlet...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Nydas. Some of the comments about burning my house down & setting my dog on fire made me wonder who the serious replies were coming from! I'll try what you suggest as I do have the adaptor plugged in to a power bar. I've also made a note of who to take seriously.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks Sada. I'll have to free up some space on my wall outlet.

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 430
Barry:
If you have shortage of outlets, you can get a powerline adapter, that has an Ethernet port as well as an AC outlet to which you can plug in your power bar, see the following URL, there is a video as well

http://www.buy.com/prod/zyxel-pla407-homeplug-av-200-mbps-powerline-adapter-w-ac-pass-through/q/loc/101/216551543.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 431
The adapter is plugged to the wall outlet

Silver Member

Post Number: 432
Another source:
http://www.amazon.com/ZyXEL-HomePlug-Powerline-Wall-Plug-Adapter/dp/B003ULOZ5W

There are some idiots who try to bash those that have technical knowledge, by using same nicks. Watch for the Username in posts, since that is unique

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
Chevrolet:

You cant plug a powerline adapter to a power bar. You show a power bar which he already has, if he plugs in his powewerline adapter to it, it just wont work.

His options are either the solution nydas suggested or what I suggested. Don't open your mouth and show your stupidity when you don't know.

Chevrolet
Silver Member
Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 423

Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 09:14 am:
Saskboy02
Thanks Sada. I'll have to free up some space on my wall outlet.

Saskatchewan Boy
need more wall plugs try one of these

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15733
Nalin and real Subash Registered: Sep-06 are right about those idiots!

Power off all Modem, Router, Hub, and receiver then power up in this order: Modem, Router, Hub and receiver then see if it work!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks Doreen & all other legit contributors. Changed adapter to wall plug/rebooted receiver & all is well.
Thanks again!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us