Newbie Globecast Question

Username: Satwatcher

Post Number: 1
Kind of a newbie here so please excuse some of the questions because I don't know this as well as I wish I did.

I bought a viewsat extreme back in 06-07 to watch nag2 programming back then. I know that there is not fix as of right now for 3 so I am not going to ask that.

I actually got tired of moving the box around my room because it was gathering dust and getting in the way so I thought I would put it to good use. I thought about aiming my test dish to galaxy 19 97w (globecast) and see what is out there worth watching. I see a few polish channels are available on nagra(no #) as well as other channels. I see that it is c and Ku band on lyngsat.

It is my understanding that the lnb I have now on my old dish 500 will not work?? It is a quad dish pro. Is that correct that this will not work? I also have an FSS Stacked LNB Pn:122677 mounted to an arm that looks like you can add more LNB's if you wanted to. Will that work in the above LNB does not? Will this LNB work with my viewsat extreme?? I read on some other forums that these stacked lnb's are picky about there reciever.

Will my dish 500 dish work, or will I need to swap it out? I do have an old superdish laying around I can use. Will swapping it out make any difference? On the dish subject, I guess I will still need to change the skew and elevation and all that stuff on this as well?

http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy19.html
Looking at the stations. I see some are labeled DBV-S&S2,MPEG-1, Mpeg-4 Nagravision, nagra1 and nagra2, Irdeto1 & 2,and one or two on Digicypher 2. With the exeception to the Irdeto1&2, and digicypher, is everything else available on my viewsat box? Is there a bin for this anywhere? I watch tele5 out of ponland online some, can someone tell me that has this sat, does it work?

Sorry for the long post and the questions, and thanks for any information you can give me.

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 377
Not knowing your location you will be safe with a
36" dish and a Linear LNB
point the dish to Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W
you can pickup close too 200 TV channels but
there are only little over 100 True FTA channels
mark "F"
I don't see any True FTA Polish there.

satwatcher ....if you are only interested to watch
this channel from Poland on your TV
you will need to point your dish to
SES 1 at 101.0°W
True FTA channels and as of now all are working on this chart

Upload

TV TRWAM probably the same one you see on Stream ???

Username: Satwatcher

Post Number: 2
Looking at lyngsat I see these listed. I would not be able to get these as well as others like these liated using the viewsat?

Sorry if I am not understanding this as well.

Freq: 12084 V
tp 21

TVP Polonia USA Nagravision 158 560 561 Po
TVP Info Nagravision 161 2160 212. Po
Tele 5 (Poland) Nagravision 164 2174 2184 Po

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 539
No you cannot view those channels, they are encrypted - N3

The FSS lnb and the superdish should work to pick up some fta channels

readonplayer and tvuplayer have some polish channels available, via internet (free)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us