Post Number: 7447
if u ask me why
well i am a tester ...
always try new stuff
its my hobby ...
i see stuff try it out ..
and tell others..how is it ..
good bad what ever it is ...
so who ever got questions i can answer..

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 432
so, how is it? Is it worth? picture quality? Did you get the 'HD' or standard?

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 946
Picture quality is bad even on HD for live stuff recorded stuff is ok

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7448
well i like one part of it ...
that it has great collection of movies ...indian movies..
youtube videos...
all dramas episodes...from all good channels
pic quality is so so ... mine is jadoo 2 so its latest one..
for live streaming its similar to online streaming..free streaming though so not sure when they will shut down ...like others....
basically its good for backup..as a resource for u back up..
if i compare pic quality of jadoo tv and fta..
fta is 50% better....
well jadoo has some sports channels like geo super,espn ,and star sports..basically u don't miss ur sports..
but thing is again will it stay stable or will it be other door stopper..
i got jadoo 2 so it has wireles adapter i checked speed of my net its about 7 mbps so its most of time smooth ...
some times it buffers too..some times some channels don't work..
+ channel changin is not faster as u seen in fta boxes...
as i
mentioned its sort of enjoyable if u got family and wanted to watch some tv drama movie etc...where other channels are black out ...
but this jadoo is no where legal as i read everywhere like
i read about google tv...
so i wonder when authorities can block ip adress if they want too...

Bronze Member
Username: D3si

Post Number: 18
sada,

how did you connect it, wireless or wired? and what isp do you have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7450
i got shaw high speed net..
and jadoo2 tv came with that wireless adapter...
so i connnect it wirelessly ..
jadoo has way to check ur internet speed
so my download speed is aroun d 7 mbps so its good
and stable..
again i mentioned its a great box for recorded tv shows, movies ..
for indo / pak content.....and quality is so so i was checking geo news on jadoo box and dreambox ..and u can see visible quality difference...so in other words it doesn't replace ur fta reciever..or ur cable box...because it doesn't have great list of english channels...

basically it has library files of dramas episode,movies , tv shows ..
which are 90% indo/pak

Gold Member

Post Number: 7452
D3wsi if u tell me ur setting i will try to help u as best i can ..

Bronze Member
Username: D3si

Post Number: 20
sada, please refer to this thread: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/660273.html

i have it set up, i know that internet speed is not an issue, as my down.speed is 7mbps, however jadoo disconnects after 2 hours or so, and i have connected it wirelessly. When it disconnects, i get this error on screen "Check your broadband connection" whereas my internet is working fine 24/7

I have to do soft factory default on each disconnect to bring it back up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7453
there is problem with ur ip conflict..
go to settings and give me ur ip setting or pm me ur settings

Silver Member
Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 272
More Info. on jadoo TV

Imran DarNew member
Username: Idar21

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 06:09 am:
Hey Guys - I just bought Jadoo in UK for 200£. I read all these postings and was a bit sceptical.

My Setup is 37" Hanspree LCD 1080 support. Virgin Cable internet 10 MBPS pipe; Hooked wired with the Jadoo box.

After registering my Jadoo box. I turned it on using the HDMI cable and the initial screen was lush. It auto picked up my Tele resolution at 720 which i changed by going into the settings and set it up to 1080P.

Now i basically bought it for watching cricket matches and some Pakistani news channels.

The question regarding the quality of picture is main question here and i can confirm on my 37" lcd the picture on some channels were pixelated SD quality and a bit low then what i get on my sky box. BUT it is respectable and if you are willing to adjust its worth a deal. I had some streching issues also with picture as it wouldn't strech fully on my telly so i would guess on 32" the picture would look much better.

Apart from these channels few looked really good similar to sky box.

The other thing i would like to mention is although i had 10 Mbps connection as described by Virgin , its a shared pipe and the maximum i got out of it was 2.5 which was sufficent for Jadoo streaming.

Coming to the other aspects of the box is the ability to play your own media through USB or a media server. I have some high Def movies on my external USB and after attaching it i played few of them; The box handled it nicely and the picture was crisp. So ther is an added advantage. The box also conatins few menus to play indian and pakistani shows/dramas etc but they are just linked to youtube and runs just fine.

i can write a lot but the bottom line is its a worthy kit. If you are willing to spend some money and not too concious about picture quality then its a good deal.

PS: I have just used it for a day so cant comment on the durability. I hope it will be helpful in making a decision.

Imran

Silver Member
Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 273
HOME of
Upload
http://jadootv.com/support

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20180
sada: wireless connections are usually about 1 mbps. I have a 5.2 mbps service. On my desktop a file may download in 30 seconds, yet on a laptop in the kitchen using wirelesss download, takes about 2-3 minutes.
If Jadoo has a direct ethernet connection, try using a whysical connection. You may find a lot of difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Virusinjector

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 84
nydas has bell, they suc,
You test nothing Nydas, why are you here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7456
SNydas it doesn't matter about speed as I already got 7 Mbps which is good wirelessly I also noticed some times server get overloaded and u nees to restate the box from back which is not good

Gold Member

Post Number: 7457
Very good review from imram also and welcome to ecoustics

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20182
sada: Look at the actual speeds in the wireless part of your modem. speed > 2mbps seconds with wireless are very uncommon.
Your modem brings a 7 mbps speed to all devices that are physically connected bu not on the wireless part.http://compnetworking.about.com/od/internetaccessbestuses/f/cablespeed.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 7460
yes .. ok i got what u mean...
i was told by my isp lets say u got 21 mpbs speed and u are using 3 devices so each device will get about 7 mbps if u use all 3 togeathers..
i saw improvement in speed if i connect it directly with cable
Nydas jadoo is like google tv
but jadoo is for indian media only ...
that's what i can see difference b.w jadoo vs google tv
as some people are having problems with ISP example bell is blocking port...so its not good news for consumers

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 348
Nydas and Sada:

It all depends on your connection. Theoritically G band is 54 Mbps and N band is 160 Mbps. I did a speed test on wireless using only G at my friends place who has 30 Mbps cable modem, speed test indicated downloads of 24 Mbps.

The limiting factor is not wireless data transmission. It is the data rate of the service that you have from your ISP provider, which is often way below even the G band in most cases. Sada getting wireless download speeds of 7 Mbps is very likely.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us