Nfusion SOLARIS: Few Questions

Username: Drp37

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 6
Thanks for your comments in advance and good to know there is a supporting community.

1) Is there an EPG? If so, how to you get it to work? Mine is non-functional.

2) Can you edit the channel list? CNN should be channel 200, but I need to input 100 in order to view. I would like all my channels to be numbered the correct way. Can you upload a channel list in SOLARIS?

-drp37

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20144
In most receivers, a new and current channel list is added if you do a "blind scan" pointing to a particular sat.

Username: Drp37

Toronto, ON Canada

Post Number: 7
If I do a blind scan, will the channels be renumbered? For example, will 200 give me CNN as opposed to 100?

Thanks in advance.

-drp37

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20147
A blind scan requires thast you have the right LNB , Dish, etc pointed for the satellite you want to scan. Once that prerequisite is met and the LNB frequency is correctly set, your blind scan will first detect all the currently active TPs in the satellite and it will store them, usually releasing the old list. Then it will scan each TP and find the channels on it.
Basically you get a completely current and clean slate of today.
The only downside (not a worry) is that you might get too many channels if you use a universal frequency setting on your LNB. You can always remove the unwanted ones.
In some receivers your Parental control settings are also overwritten. In that case, You will have to make sure you go through the list to disable or use parental control over undesirable channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us