Jadoo - Internet?

Bronze Member
Username: D3si

Post Number: 11
Hi,

I recently bought jadootv, it was running fine for a month, but now it has red light upfront and when i turn it on it says "The internet broadband connection is down". Even though, the internet is running fine. I'm connecting it through my home wifi and i'm with Bell. It's the white modem i have that has router built in.

I have to restart the modem fully for jadootv to work for sometime, then i get the same error message again.

Can anyone help? Or has anyone faced this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Chevrolet

Post Number: 121
http://jadootv.com/support

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
^ thanks but no thanks, it seems to be a problem regarding the settings with bell modem instead of jadootv.

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20016
D3Si: Chevrolet does not have enough knowledge about Broadband routers.
If you have Bell router, its IP address usually is 192.168.2.1
put 192.168.2.1 on its own without www in the URL window of your computer and press Enter. The Broadband router info will come up.
click on Home Internet Icon (third at top) and the network information will come up.
Your Jadoo was running fime for a month, so I take it you are connected using the jadooBox wireless 802.11g adapter.
On the right hand side of the router screen you should see your wireless conection. On the left had side you will see the IP assigned to the Jadoo TV box. If you are able to identify it it will have an address, something like 192.168.2.10 (or 11 or 12).
In your Jadoo box you should be able to see this DHCP assignment.

Now your turn to post some more information. about the connection as you see it in your jaddo box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Nydas,

The ip adress assigned to jadootv box displayed on my router screen is: 192.168.2.19

and when i turn on the tv, it says "The internet broadband connection is down" and jadoo box has redlight upfront, instead of green. Plus, under application settings (for jadootv) on my router, it's set as WPA security and has a custom password.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15476
D3Si

Bell work on his own IPTV then can blocked the server of Jadoo!

Reset all your hardware> modem, rooter then try again!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20019
Do as Plymouth says and try and see if your Jaddo TV can confirm receiving 192.168.2.19 as a local IP address.
I presume you know the custom password of WPA security.
If not set Bell Modem to use WEP open and set Jadoo to WEP or No security till you get sorted out. Then you can change the security back to WPA and new security phrase of your choice at both points.

I am pretty certain that the problem is at DHCP level.

Another thing you can do is to turn Jadoo off. Then go into the Network settings of your Bell Modem/router and go into advanced. Then on the left side find Jadoo details and set the local IP adress to 192.168.2.0. Save and exit out of Router software by closing the borwser.
Now follow the full reset as suggested by Plymouth and then as suggested by Jadoo people.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15477
Sorry!

Reboot not reset!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I did the complete reboot and it works for sometime, but after a while i get the same message on screen.

Nydas, yes the problem is at DHCP level. Where should i set the local ip adress, under (advanced) private network > settings?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Anyone with a solution to this problem?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20103
Bell Modem
Home netwotk
Advanced settings
On th eright at bottom, "Edit Address allocation"
If the alloted address is DHCP, (which it usually is, it will show up against your device as Private address 192.168.2.12 or something like that but in the same section on the left hand side it will show 192.168.2.0, to inform you that it may change next time.
In your own device, i.e. in your reciever software you will have the ability to make the allotted address static. Note down the address in the receiver, make it static, and in Bell Modem change 192.168.2.0 to the address you just noted down. At bottom left you have save- so save it. Then you reboot both, and because you have made the Bell allotted address as static it will allot the one you reserved for your receiver, it will give a DHCP allotment of that number, and your receiver having a static address (the same) will connect.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 5087
http://www.wherever.tv/tv-channels/India.jsf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Nydas,

I followed your post, however jadoo still disconnects after 2 hours or so despite the settings in the bell modem and receiver software are same (static).

Would it be okay and functional if i set static in bell modem and auto in the receiver software?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20160
If the recepient of DHCP is set to auto, it means "I will take whatever comes" , so yes, it will be OK to do that.

Bronze Member
Username: Virusinjector

Toronto, On Canada

Post Number: 46
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
nydas, thanks for your help !

however, the problem continues even if i set it to auto or static in receiver software, it disconnects itself after sometime.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20177
Get into your Bell Modem, with 192.168.2.1
Click on Internet Connection - view Summary.
Click on Advanced in the upper bar
In the detailed window set "PPP on Demand" to 0.
This will set it to no timeout, i.e. permanently on.
At bottom right click on SAVE.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Although, it was already set to 0 but i saved it once again. Let's see how long it stays connected
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us