Any professional software to help me burn my AVI movie to DVD?

Username: Imacheer

Post Number: 1
I want to burn a movie to a dvd but the problem is that this movie is in the .avi format. Is it possible to burn a .avi file to a dvd. Also tell me how to get this to work. are you familiar with any program which will help me in this matter. Please suggest a suitable burner application.
Appreciate your early reply so much.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4291
ImgBurn, it's even free.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 463
You can burn the AVI file to a DVD using ImgBurn, but if you are expecting to play it in a DVD player just like a video DVD, then you'll need different software.

You'll need to convert the AVI to MPEG2 and author a DVD which creates the directory structure that makes a video DVD that will play in a standalone DVD player.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4292
There are MANY Divx/Xvid capable DVD players/recorders out there. Making a blanket statement that it won't play isn't true. If the player is Divx capable it will play, assuming you have an uncorrupted file, if the player isn't Divx it won't play.

Username: Inman2787

GuangzhouUnited States

Post Number: 1
I would recommend you to download and install the VSO ConvertXtoDVD on your system for this since this apppication will definitely help you to create your dvd you do not need any external codecs like the avi codec. You can also Create DVD menus with different templates available, possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus.
ConvertXtoDVD - top-choice AVI to DVD video conversion software - convert and burn any videos such as Avi to DVD, WMV to DVD, MKV to DVD, YouTube to DVD, ogm, MPEG to DVD, quicktime mov to DVD.I suggest you can download its trail version to burn your avi movie.
Hope that it can do your a favor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4293
Don't pay for any program. There are plenty of freeware programs that are just as good or better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
There are MANY Divx/Xvid capable DVD players/recorders out there.
====================================================

Are you saying that his AVI file is the same as a Divx file?

It is my understanding that Divx is MPEG4? AVI isn't MPEG4.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4294
I don't know too much about this stuff but AVI is just a container that holds the Divx/Xvid file. They may hold other types of files too but I think those are the most common. AVI files aren't MPEG.

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
Divx and Xvid are MPEG4 derivatives.

You usally get an AVI when you capture camcorder video directly to a PC without any encoding. This is what I suspect the OP was asking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DivX

Gold Member

Post Number: 4295
An AVI is also a downloaded Divx/Xvid file.

The OP is just another spammer. Since the posts keep getting deleted they're trying more creative ways of spamming. The first and fifth posts are the same person.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Hopefully, others will learn from this even if it is spam.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us