I want to use my broken TV as a screen to watch DVDs, but I can't get it to stop scanning for channels.

Username: Ulee78

Post Number: 1
The coax broke off the back of my TV, and it has no internal antenna. Thus, it gets no channels. I just want to be able to watch DVDs on it, but I moved recently, and when I plug the TV back in, it won't stop scanning for channels. How do I get it to recognize it will never find any?

In order for DVDs to play on this TV, I need to press "channel down" when I'm on channel 1. There's no Video 1/Video 2. But when I press "channel down", it begins to scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was so heavy to move, and I would hate for it to be for nothing!!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14938
Jane E.

Welcome to eCoustics!

To help you we need the brand and model!

You can ask to a friend to sold directly a RG-6 coaxial cable on board!

Username: Ulee78

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry about that: it is a Panasonic PV-C2011 (with a videotape player in it).

The soldering is a great piece of advice, but I was hoping for something VERY low-tech--my life is sadly such that I don't know anyone with that equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 464
From reading the owner's manual for that model, it looks like the audio+video in is intended to be used for recording to a tape in the VCR.

You might try putting in a tape in there as if you were recording to the tape and see if that makes a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us