Samsung 50in DLP turns itself off and on

Username: Boomzone

Post Number: 2
I've done some research on this, and I was wondering what the opinion of this forum is on this matter. I've owned a Samsung 50in rear projection DLP for about 2 years. About a month ago, the TV would turn and load up fine. The picture is fine, and sound is fine. The TV will turn on for about 30 seconds, and then shut itself off, and turn back on. It will continue to do this unless I power it down or unplug it. Seeing as the color and picture seem fine, and doing some research I think it's the ballast. What exactly does the ballast do, and before I order the part, do the symptoms point to a faulty ballast? Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1633
Do you have a weird neighbor kid with a remote that would work....and a window they can see your set from?

I did that to a neighbor once....we shared RF codes on a DishNetwork receiver. I'd flip channels on 'em.....maybe 2x a month. Drove 'em nuts. I finally changed codes so we didn't interfere with one another.

Does your set have a relay clicking noise when it does its 'thing'? Could it have a bad relay. The Ballast has to do with turning on the lamp, which if it turns on, kind of means the ballast is OK....I hope!

Post Number: 3
No there is no clear viewpoint for someone to be messing with a remote. I even left it unplugged for a couple weeks, and turned it on randomly to see if it would powercycle itself again, and it did. I don't hear a clicking noise, or anything out of the oridinary when it turns itself on and off.

Post Number: 4
bump, cause i'm still looking for help with this, and actively check this thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us