CBC to air 'Queen in 3D'

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19666
Canadians: Get you free 3D glasses from any Post office.

The program is slated to air on Monday, September 20, at 7 p.m.

Later this month Canada's CBC will air "Queen Elizabeth in 3D," a documentary about HM Queen Elizabeth. The footage is highlighted by the widely viewed coronation of the Queen from June 1953. The ceremony was televised and the coverage was instrumental in booting television's popularity. The number of television licenses doubled and many of the more than 20 million British viewers watched television for the first time on that day. In North America, just under 100 million viewers watched the recorded broadcast. The footage in this documentary, however, is very different. Beyond the standard TV coverage stood two experimental filmmakers who shot that coronation in 3D. To that film found by the British Film Institute, has been added shots from the Queen's most recent visit to Canada. These shots are wide ranging including her review of the Canadian naval fleet in Halifax and attending Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa. In addition there is archive footage from when the then Princess Elizabeth visited Canada in 1951. HM the Queen has long held Canada in a special place, and has visited it more than any other country. On arrival to Halifax on her most recent visit she even stated "It's good to be home." To help viewers get ready for the broadcast CBC is passing out two million pairs of 3D glasses. The program can be watched with or without the free glasses and viewers will get an even better presentation in HD. "Queen Elizabeth in 3D" is the first 3D documentary to be aired in Canada.

Silver Member
Username: Harding

Post Number: 293
I got mine at Shoppers Drug mart Post office.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19689
Last two days to get your free glasses for 3D viewing. This is afree demo of 3D TV.

Gold Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 1273
Nobody cares .1950's Technology displayed on 1990 crt
nydas is behind the times

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4704
I find 3D makes me sick to my stomach and I get bad headaches watching it. I get the same reaction when I see neon text and anything that flashes like one of finish22's Nalin pix.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4705
Finish not bashing your work I am a huge fan .. I just don't like that one pix

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4706
my HP notebook touch screen has 3D technology if i want to pay 25 bucks or more for the 3D glasses for it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19703
CBC Television is putting out 2 million pairs of glasses to watch this experiment of 3D. CBC, which is the organisation spending all the money, does not think it is old technology.
The psychos on this forum think otherwise.
The readers can judge who is right.
http://www.tvovermind.com/cable/canadian-television/million-glasses-cbcs-queen-e lizabeth-3d/30595

Bronze Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 60
I wonder if they will have any footage of Queen`s early days with Freddy Mercury. Yes I know the poor fellow(God rest his Soul) was a fruitcake, but he was also quite talented.

Bohemian Rhapsody was pretty cool. I can see how the 3 d glasses would be good also.

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 179
The CBC is a huge waste of money supplied by the same people that employed Nydas. nuff said?

Bronze Member
Username: Casual_the_voice

Post Number: 41
Satellite TV forum?

Try here,,,,,Off Topic
Whatever you want to talk about,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19707
Jennifer Conus: A satellite broadcast and a new technology instroduction in TV is fully a topic that is to be discussed in Sattelite section.
I have now noticed that you have objected in three places without any real reason except that you want to harrass Plymouth..
Therefore I am asking you, Jennifer Conus, to stop harrassing a good helper.

Bronze Member
Username: Search

Post Number: 62
Folding the CBC, now that is something I could get behind!!!

There used to be an argument for the CBC, one of which was that the very very North needed it, as that was the only reception available. No longer the case, CTV/Global have stronger signals than CBC.

Even as close as Muskoka, its hard to get CBC on rabbit ears, yet CTV/Global as clear as anything.

Also the CBC employees/management use the network as a political means. You have to be a liberal to have any hope of working at the Network, they as much as endorse all the Liberal candidates.

They should be folded because it is flushing billions of dollars down the toilet, no longer a need for it. Also would actually be a good thing for a Conservative politician to run on.

Silver Member
Username: Rtf

Post Number: 181
The CBC used to be (back in the day) a respectable institution which was funded by all Canadians. Now they are just the Left Liberal media outlet.
If you want a really good laugh, watch a CBC news story, then watch the rest of the news media (and I mean all sources).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19731
People who run down their own country and the country's institutions are also the same people who send their sons to die for their country in far off lands.
A good citizen of a democracy, always tries to show a good face to the outside world and try and improve matters from within.

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 198
Nydass
So saying all that,, you are a citizen of what country??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19732
I asked you question and repeated it three time and you did not answer. I don't see a need to answer any questions put by a deliberate saboteur of Ecoustics

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19740
I watched the CBC programme yesterday. There was very little 3D. It was quite effective 3D, but I doubt if 3D TV will get popular.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us