Logfile for win32 ver.

Bronze Member
Username: Tamus

Post Number: 48
I am running windows XP home. when I run rq-ssp-client, I get the following result.
Unable to locate componate. This application has failed because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem. IT DIDN'T. Has anyone else come across this problem? If so how did you fix it?
After checking a few other down loads. I came across thi
NOTE: In the WIN32 version, if enabled, this should be set to a valid
# Windows/DOS path.
logfile_name=/var/bin/rq-sssp-client.log

I don't know how to do this. Can and will someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 409
1. From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.
2. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
3. In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.
4. Finally, in the Environment Variables window (as shown below), highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon as shown below.

C:\Program Files;C:\Winnt;C:\Winnt\System32
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14595
Uninstall microsoft silverlight!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14599
Bla Bla Bla

Guru4them is a C/Paster with no knoledge!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19616
John: Either you have a place in the software to define the path vie creation of logfile_name variable or you go directly into the system set up (Start -- control panel -- system --advanced -- Enviroment variables) and set the path).
You can also do that from MSDOS
Path = Path; followed by name of the extra path.
go into dos and say
Help Path <enter>

Microsoft Silverlight is a powerful software and does a bit of I-own-it-all type of denial and hence Plymouth suggested you temporarily remove it if you have it installed.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19618
I made a mistake in the instructions from MSDOS. It should be
Path = %Path%; followed by name of the extra path.
go into dos and say
Help Path <enter>

Microsoft Silverlight is a powerful software and does a bit of I-own-it-all type of denial and hence Plymouth suggested you temporarily remove it if you have it installed.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2164
Cooler King solved John's problem earlier in the post Nalin. But you get credit for another needless post.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19619
Really, zulu? Most of the time I have installed Windows, I do not use My computer; instead I use Windows explorer. The one thing you will always find is the Start button, and Control panel when you click on Start button and so on.
You have to have worked in many enviroments to know what might be available on a computer you have not seen and instruct people based on what is MOST LIKELY available. And as I said before and WILL repeat is the fact thaT everybody knows the Start button.
Experience in helping counts, and I have the experience. I have developed software under the old Clipper software and altered path under Clipper and I have sat and installed Borland 5.5 to know to change the Enviroment settings. So buzz up and go and go and do a zulu dance somewhere else - NOT in my presence!

Q.E.D.

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2165
Cooler King solved John's problem earlier in the post Nalin. But you get credit for another needless post

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14605
Zulu

How you know that Mr Copy and past reso;ved the John problem?

I gived another solution but John never reply to our answer!

What a pest you are!

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2166
Cooler King solved John's problem earlier in the post Nalin. But you get credit for another needless post

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2167
Thank You Plymouth

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4556
if you're missing the "msvcr71.dll" go here to download it http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71

MSVCR71.DLL can be placed it in your "windows/system32."
go to c drive .... windows folder...open up to view folders if asked... find "systems 32" folder and move it in there.. you're done!!

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14610
Re-installing the application may fix the problem. IT DIDN'T. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Read the first post from John!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4557
I did Plymouth and Re-installing the application is not the same as REPLACING A MISSING DLL FILE

the application he is referring to is the software to load FTA files onto is reciever I think... So his loader wont work because the msvcr71.dll missing now. So the logical thing to do is replace it right? then the loader will work I am assuming.

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 678
Installing a new partner is not the same as REPLACING A MISSING boyfriend.....OK

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 227
Pest Control
Hey man,we all have our difference, but
we are all sorry to hear that your Boyfriend
is missing without a trace.

Regards

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4735
G.I.... you are to late. John did what I posted already and it fixed his problem ....As for getting Direct TV here in Canada... Most of the members you are bashing in this thread are Canadian. If you can figure out how we can get it , then you are a genius. But until then STFU.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19747
Doreen: YOU did not ask th eguy to put it in the system 32 forlder. After all the posts I made, YOU still haven't understood that the file was NOT FOUND - It is too much of a hastle to find why that happened so instead we put the required file where it will ALLWAYS BE FOUND. That is in the System 32 folder.
Now stop posting unnecessarily - some basic information which you did not have, has been given.
YOU try and learn from this episode instead fuming and fretting.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4736
read it again

''''''MSVCR71.DLL can be placed it in your "windows/system32."
go to c drive .... windows folder...open up to view folders if asked... find "systems 32" folder and move it in there.. you're done!!
''''''

Just what part of that can't you understand?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4737
I don't care if John found the Dll file on the moon ... FACT IS IT WASN'T WORKING ... get it now? HE HAD TO REPLACE IT ANYWAY!!!! SOOOOOOOO STFU AND GET OVER IT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us