How to connect a LG BluRay Media Player up?

Username: Rwestman

Post Number: 1
I have an LG BluRay Media Player BD590 (GREAT piece of equipment by the way). I am having problems connecting it to my ProScan 32LB45Q 1080P LCD television. Here is what I have done:

1. Connected the two units with HDMI HighSpeed cable
2. Changed the vidio setting in the Media Player to 1080p

When I play a BluRay disc the screen flickers and the audio is garbled. The Media Player does state the following:

"If a connected HDMI device does not accept the audio output of the player, the HDMI device's audio sound may be distorted or may not output."
Is this my problem? If yes, then can I still use the HDMI cable for video and a coxial cable for the audio?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Ron

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 415
If you have more than one HDMI connection, have you tried all the HDMI ports on the TV?

On my TV, the RCA audio (red+white) is grouped with the composite video (yellow RCA jack), so when I switch to HDMI, HDMI is the connector that is "live".

Username: Rwestman

Post Number: 2
Just wanted to update everyone.

Well, I didn't give up. I purchased a NEW HDMI cable and replaced the one that was on the two units. The orginal HDMI cable is a HIGH quality cable, but did not work. The new cable is a different brand High Speed cable and it worked right out of the box.

For anyone looking for a media player I highly suggest the LG BluRay Media Player model 590. It comes with a 250g built-in hard drive for storing movies, music, or pictures. The built-in WiFi is FAST. The interface between the media player and my laptop easy to use.

Ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us