Any body using SV360P with NewLink

Bronze Member
Username: Tansarbh

Post Number: 61
Is there any body using SV360P with newlink? I am asking since I am not getting any channels on 118. I get 110s but none of 118.

I wonder if I missing anything or its the issue with SV or newlink.

Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19474
1. Are you getting any on 119?
2. Do you have a 33" Dish and special LNB for 118? If you are getting 110, then obviously you have one LNB pointing to 110W. do you have another dish which is 33" and is pointing to 119 and has the special LNB?
3. If you do have all the equipment as stated in 2, you should scan specially for 118W, with the right switch settings, and LNB settings.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I have both LNBs on same 33" dish. The dish guy installed it and I get all the channels list but all are scrambled.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19475
You should make sure that you have DisEqC switch set correctly and scan 119W using LNB freq 11250. You MUST get at least a couple of channels. After that scan 118 with the same disEqC switch seetings and LNB freq of 10750 or 10600. If you do not get any IndoPak channels then your IKS service is not sending you the proper signals or the service is down for the Internationals.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Any channels specific which like, definitely should be on on 118 and/or 119? So that I can make sure that it is configued properly? Otherwise I will rescan as per your instructions.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19477
Anik F3 (118W) and Echo 14 (119W) are two different satellites.

The first part of the list at lyngsat is realted to 118, and the second part is about 119. You get both by the same special LNB which apparently you have. The DisEqC switch you have would be set to both on one port and your 110W would be on another port.
118W is scanned using LNB Freq of 10750 or 10600 (or 9750-10750 using universal type).
119W is scanned using LNB Freq of 11250. There are minor differnces in the differnt generaic type of LNBs available.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Well, I just verified and everything is setup correctly. 119 is up as well (not 100%) but most of the channels are up. But 118 is 0%.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19483
Post the settings of all three (110, 118 and 119), i.e. LNB type, frequence DisEqC port, etc etc
I will look at your post in the morning after 10.00 am

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Here are they!
EchoStar7
------------------------
LnbType-Standard
Freq-10750
22KH-Off
LNB Power-ON
Transponder-12224
Search Opt-All
Network Search-ON
DiSEqC-Port1
Motor-Disable
Leg. Switch-Off

AnikF3
------------------------
LnbType-Standard
Freq-10750
22KH-Off
LNB Power-ON
Transponder-11715
Search Opt-All
Network Search-ON
DiSEqC-Port1
Motor-Disable
Leg. Switch-Off

EchoStar8
------------------------
LnbType-Standard
Freq-11250
22KH-Off
LNB Power-ON
Transponder-12224
Search Opt-All
Network Search-ON
DiSEqC-Port2
Motor-Disable
Leg. Switch-Off

}

Bronze Member
Username: Black_jack

Post Number: 29
Mustansar
Try these settings
EchoStar 14 at 119.0°W
Freq.11250
on your DiSEqC use port 1

Anik F3 at 118.8°W
Freq. 10750
Port 2

EchoStar 10 at 110.0°W
Port 3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Will I have to rescan everything after making these changes?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19486
You have to rescan after changing the settings.
Your setting for Echostar 7 (now Echo 14 @119) should have LNB freq of 11250, i.e. the same as for Echo 8 (Now 11/12 @110).
In a majority of installations the Echo 14 @119W and Anik F3 @118 are on the same port. Sometimes they are on two different ports depending on the LNB. If you are getting 110W currently with port setting of 2 then you should leave it as such. However, I think that the channels you are getting are 119W channels and not 110W. check against the list at Lyngsat.
If you have the Dish pro plus LNB, the 118 may not work via IKS - I am not shure about this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
nydas, what you mean by Dish Pro? I have 33" Dish.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Dish Network DishPro PLUS Twin LNBF
Use it to look at the 119 and 110 orbital locations.
Upload

Mustansar could you list the 2 LNBs that you are using?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
No, I don't have this one. I have seperate one LNB for 118 and 119 and one for 110. I will post the picture later.

do you think something is wrong with the settings or may be, 118 is down by itself?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19487
Mustansar: If you have a separate LNB for 118/119 and a separate for 110, then you most likely have a generic kind of 118/119 LNB. This special LNB has two outlets for two receivers. The way it is usually attached to your DisEqC switch is 118/119 to Port 1 and 110 to Port 2. Even if the two outlets of 118/119 are attached to two separate switiches, you will get both signals (118 and 119) at each. If you are getting 119 signals then you have to presume that 118 signals are coming in too.
I have given the exact instructions for earlier attaching, and the LNB freq settings.
You must cross check what you are getting from 119 against the Lybgsat listings for 119. You must NOT set LNB freq for 119 at 10750 - it is 11250 for 119 and 10750 for 118. for 118 it could be set at 10600.
Best of luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
I wish I have good luck.

My receiver does not show EchStarS 14 & 10. But I checked the channel list. for 119 and AnikF3, these are the channels I am getting which are in LyngSat.

Plus, now, even 119 and 110 are dead.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Mustansar
If you could explain your problem little better maybe someone here could help you.

I have both LNBs on same 33" dish. The dish guy installed it and I get all the channels list but all are scrambled.

If the Dish guy installed your system why did all the channels came in scrambled?

Now you are saying........ But I checked the channel list. for 119 and AnikF3,} these are the channels I am getting which are in LyngSat.

Plus, now, even 119 and 110 are dead

My receiver does not show EchStarS 14 & 10.

New Birds, new names same Obit locations

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Ok, Iceman, thanks for taking my problem. I really appreciate it. Here is the story!

I had SV360P since about two years but did not use it after they all went dead. Now, after knowing about newlink, I bought new link and 33" dish with LNB for 118 and 110. Called the dish guy to install it. He did and checked that most of the 110 and 119 channels were running. But all of 118 channels were scrambled. He said that they might be down. So, I started checking these forums about the status od 118 if its dead or it is just me.
Now, since yesterday, 110 and 119 are coming up as scrambled. I checked satfixdotcom for statuses and most of the ppl are saying they are down as well.
So, when you guys mentioned to change my settings to ES 14 and 10, I went into the settings but these birdies were not in my list.
You also asked me to check the channel list on Lyngsat and verify if you are getting these channels for 110 and 119 channels. I checked that and yes, the channel list is correct on my receiver.

Did I clear my situation yet ?
Question! Why am I net seeing ES14 and 10? Old receiver may be?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Mustansar........}So, when you guys mentioned to change my settings to ES 14 and 10, I went into the settings but these birdies were not in my list.

EchoStar 8 is now located at 77.0°W
EchoStar 10 and EchoStar 11 are at 110.0°W
EchoStar 14 at 119.0°W replaced EchoStar 7

You also asked me to check the channel list on Lyngsat and verify if you are getting these channels for 110 and 119 channels. I checked that and yes, the channel list is correct on my receiver.
that was Nydass idea

Did I clear my situation yet ? Very good
Question! Why am I net seeing ES14 and 10? Old receiver may be? YES when the receivers are manufacturer they put in the sofeware as the birds are listed at that time.
You can rename the satellites if you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Ok, so now,
Q1: Is everything down for these birds right now?
Q2: Is there anything wrong with my settings?

What should I do?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19491
Musanter: forget Echo numbers and use the locations.
You are pointing to
118/119 with one LNB and
110 with another LNB.

118/119 LNB This LNB, if made by Dish network as sold with Dish Pro has two outlets one for 118 and the other for 119. You need to tie the two outputs to two inputs of a special switch.
In your case it is most likely a generic one where the two outlets are 118/119 at each outlet for two receivers. Therefore the output of one of them tied into one port of your diseqc switch is sufficient. for one reciever.
If you can scan 119 and the san matches with that shown at Lyngsat, you should be able to scan 118. In the lyngsat list 118/119 are shown in the same list.
The first 30 TPs are labeled 11715 R tp 1 to 12155 L tp 30. To scan these you CANNOT use LNB freq of 11250 - you must use LNB freq of 10600 or 10750 with a standard or single LNB setting.
With some of the special LNBs for 118/119 you can set it to Universal LNB with a frequency range of 9750 to 10750. I have been able to get as much as 62 TPs (over 600 channels) with this setting with one particular 118/119. However, I do not recommend that setting unless you are forced to.
The next 32 TPs shown at Lyngsat as 12224 R tp 1 to 12676 L tp 32 are the real (old) 119 TPs - used to be known as Echo 7 and now Echo 14. Notice the TP frequency higher than 12224 which means that a LNB frequncy of 11250 will catch these. Sometimes some cheap 118/119 LNB do not do an adequate job of catching the full range of 119 TPs and then you may have to resort to the Universal LNB setting described earlier.

110 LNB This was called Echo 8 before and now it is called Echo 10/11. You said you have it separate on the same dish. That further indicates to me that your other LNB is a generic 118/119 LNB. You said you are seeing some channels on it. You have to confirm that the channels you think are 110 channels are really 110 channels. Many people have flase struggled by seeing man yenglish channels and thinking they are 110 channels when they are really 119 channels. In that case because of the type of LNB used they would only get 119 channels and not 118. And your real 118/119 LNB will be pointing somewhere else.

Now try and understand fully what I have posted and then do some intelligent scanning using trial and errors method of "Scan all" Scan one TP" and "Blind Scan" and see the reults. Learning is the best method of knowing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
The thing is, I am afraid of scanning again and again as I heard lot of people having trouble after doing this excercise.
But, for this, I think I will have to double check what you have mentioned for 119 and 110 specificly.
If you say that 110 channels are actually 119 channels then, the channel list should be almost be same (if not exactly same). Right?
Which I am sure its not since I have channel 400 (Tennis) on 110 which is a 110 channel.

But the first question is, if everything is up or not.

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 505
Many people have flase struggled by seeing man yenglish channels

REALLY

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
If you say that 110 channels are actually 119 channels then, the channel list should be almost be same (if not exactly same). Right?

see for your self

DISH Network on EchoStar 10/11 at 110.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish110.html

TP freq for EchoStar 14 at 119.0°W
starts with 12224 thru 12516
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19496
I did not say 110 channels are actually 119. To a person mainly interested in Indo-Pakistani TV, he does not bother to look carefully at the nature and the channels numbers and the TP of most for the English channels. That sort of person often makes the mistake of calling 119 channels 110 channels and vice versa. You, Iceman, from Icy lands, were not born in the tropics and therefore would not understand this, unless, of course, you were born in the keys of f;lorida. If later is the case, you would be trying to scan every word I and Plymouth write with only one intention - that of finding faults. Chaff is already chaffing with the beating he got from Plymouth.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Old man you can't read or can't see?
Read Mustansar's post above ,he is asking you this question.
so answer the man

But, for this, I think I will have to double check what you have mentioned for 119 and 110 specificly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19501
Iceman: Why do you have to post in between?
I will or will not answer Mustansar as I see fit. I don't need your input

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
be cool guys....

Instead of waisting the time on fight, spend time to fix my damn problem. I am dying to watch these birdies

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Mustansar........this may be some help, was posted today.
SonicView SV-360P =DN - UP 50 %| BEV - DOWN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
I think its 100% down
Means we should expect a fix soon, right?

Please say yes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Mustansar, I wish I could, but I don't know.
if I hear anything new I will let you know.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Ok, here is the deal!

I tried it again just to see whats going on. I unplugged the internet, pinged the newlink, everything was good. Then I turned on the receiver and.....some of the channels, very few came up. Like 330 (TMC Extra), 101, ESPN2 and I think few more. But its not consistent. Some times they just show up and some times, they show as scrambled.
I think its the newlink which is not consistent. I hope they would release a fix soon!

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 934
Don't bother for the time being the server is down no matter what u do u won't get anything only some channels are up with lots of freezing not worth of watching

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
YEah, thats what I am doing. Lets see when something comes up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
I moved to private server. Everything (90%) works there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
SonicView SV-360P ........= DN - 4%-.Up..| 118.7W -.10%...Down | BEV -.5%-..Down.

"WOW" what a difference

Username: Godalal

Post Number: 1
Nice forums guys. I am in situation like Mustansar. Mustansar, I am thinking of going private server, which one you are using? I will post my situation on seperate post. Good postings especially from nydas, iceman.

Bronze Member
Username: Frenchfry

Quebec City

Post Number: 29
goda Nydas doesn't have the experience Iceman has. Most of her posts are just information she copies from other members. Not that thats bad i guess but she doesn't know how to decipher it.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14606
goda

Welcome to eCoustics forum!

Iceman is a banned member back with a new nick!

His experience come from c/p on other forum, half of his posts are only bashing.
Sometime he is a good member and help but unfortunatly he is a pest on most of his posts!

There is none proof of his experience!

Bronze Member
Username: Congrio

QuinteroChile SA

Post Number: 27
Iceman is the best helper here goda...Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 410
Needless to say Playmouth is illiterate

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 135
Iceman is a banned member back with a new nick!
Plymouth, show proof

There is none proof of his experience!

let us see some of your

Bronze Member
Username: Rerevenger

Post Number: 72
The iliterate calling a helping member a banned member with a new nick . Thats his number two comeback.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19620
goda: Look at some other threads where sada is offering to help you buy a private server connection.

Bronze Member
Username: Congrio

QuinteroChile SA

Post Number: 33
Does Sada take PayPal??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
its iksprivateserverdotcom.

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 139
Esvaldo Chevez
Does Sada take PayPal??

Amigo you are a very funny man
that is why many wanted you to come back

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14619
Only idiots want him!

Username: Godalal

Post Number: 2
does the private server work with sonicview hd 8000 with hd module and newlink? that is what I have got? Also, I have 61.5, 119 birds configured. I am getting chanells on 119 (except ppv movies) and not getting any channels on 61.5 (signal and quality is great)? any ideas?

Thanks again guys. you guys are best.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19633
There was a post here only a few days ago of 61.5W HD channels coming through to HD receiver - but I don't think they were referring to SV 8000 HD. I will let you know if I find anything more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us