VS Weather Forecaster

Bronze Member
Username: Sat22

Post Number: 41
Hi guys,

I'm thinkin about buying the Weather Forecaster for my VS Ultra. I just wanted to get some feedback from those who have been using it:

-Is it currently up or down ?
-Does it support Bev & DN ?
-How reliable is it ? How often does it go down and for how long ?

Everything is unpredictable but I'm just trying to determine whether or not it's worth it. My VS is been sitting there for almost 2 yrs now.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19449
WF is working. People are having problems but they do get it going. DSL connection is better than Cable.
Here is a C/P verbatim.
"unplug WF ....factory default thru menu.... load factory file 146 to yourec..REattach WF...when u set static settings change it to dhcp b4 u exit ....after entering ur info...do steps one and two ....then check the weather if the WF gets u the weather in the menu with,318...its working for settup with no router...use a straight serial pc to WF ....set isp connection to share- set auto roll on ...change static to dhcp...load 614 s/w upgrade 614 then load 708 and s/w upgrade thru serial settings in menu leave on a ch.3-5 mins u should have poss. results "

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19450
And here is another C/P from satfix.
"hey guys i had the same problem and i got it to work after while.you have to play with the wf to get it work.if you have the 7/4file try to upgrade the softwareof wf by going to the serial menu.if it dosent work then load the 6/14file then upgrade the wf software from setup.mine working fine with the wf 2.7 but if i turn it off it goes away.then i have to upgrade the wf software then it will work fine.so guys keep playing with wf software and the main software it will work.ALSO REMEMBER DN IS UP ON VIEWSAT ONLY 45% CHANNELS. "

Bronze Member
Username: Sat22

Post Number: 42
Thanks Nydas ! I'll buy it soon and let you guys know !
Tx, much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us